[ABD] OurTube [YouTube/Uploaded Video Streaming]

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
daemonic

Re: [DEV] OurTube [Was: Another YouTube Style Mod]

Post by daemonic »

spomgefreak, at the moment uploading plain flv's is not an option, but tbh it shouldnt take much to code it in so it can be done :) the only problem is the thumbnail preview as this is reated during the conversion using the same tools, so it would need to be without an image or use one that is uploaded

hotshot, the store mod is being written from scratch by me, it already has a full acp, i just need to complete the checkout process (i.e. delivery address) and a few small tweaks (such as show how many items in a category) and touch wood, it will be complete :) id say its about 80% done now :0
My Mods:
OurTube (YouTube clone) [Core: 95%, Features: ??%]
Shop with PayPal Checkout [85%]
Like my mods? Why not make a donation

xhotshot23x

Post by xhotshot23x »

daemonic wrote:spomgefreak, at the moment uploading plain flv's is not an option, but tbh it shouldnt take much to code it in so it can be done :) the only problem is the thumbnail preview as this is reated during the conversion using the same tools, so it would need to be without an image or use one that is uploaded

hotshot, the store mod is being written from scratch by me, it already has a full acp, i just need to complete the checkout process (i.e. delivery address) and a few small tweaks (such as show how many items in a category) and touch wood, it will be complete :) id say its about 80% done now :0
Thanks man I would love to test that mod for you im using zen-cart right now but right their is all that I need for releasing styles. Are you working on a download part for the mod?

notsa

Post by notsa »

cool

apeee

Post by apeee »

great mod! when you say ffmpeg/flvtool2/mencoder.........does this means any of the one or all 3?

will there be an option to add comments similar to that of youtube?

naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

great stuff.

is there a way to add a code to add it to a website ?

like a embed code or something?
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

apeee

Post by apeee »

For those of us whose server has not ffmpeg this can be of helpful http://www.ffmpeg.sherin.in/index.php?o ... 3&Itemid=1

Just found this website while crawling. Please post how it worked?

colorhim

Post by colorhim »

@ apeee

That method would only work if your account has SSH access, just to let members know...
AJAXIM - PHPBB3 BRIDGE COMING SOON
My TV Show: EMOtv
Free phpBB3.0.4/myBB Hosting: FireForumz.com
My Personal Site: emoruffino.com

apeee

Post by apeee »

Yes you need the SSH access but not the root SSH access. If you have normal SSH access that can work. Just posted that link because it gets quite hectic to install ffmpeg and other scripts manually even though you have all the features in your hosting account. Just wanted to help out the guys over here. :D

Pinks

Post by Pinks »

i really like the idea man ;)
goodluck with it

daemonic

Post by daemonic »

ffmpeg/flvtool2/mencoder.........does this means any of the one or all 3?
i use ffmpeg to crate the thumbnails, mencoder to convert to flv, and flvtool to insert the metadata and index, so that scrubbing to a point in the video actually works :)
will there be an option to add comments similar to that of youtube?
i will more than likely add this, i just wanna get the main functionality coded in first, then to work on the extras
is there a way to add a code to add it to a website ?

like a embed code or something?
do you mean via bbcode? if so, im intending on adding a bbcode as follows [ourtube]{TEXT}[/ourtube] to include videos within posts.
Thanks man I would love to test that mod for you im using zen-cart right now but right their is all that I need for releasing styles. Are you working on a download part for the mod?
when ive finished the shop, ill be posting it up in here, personally i dont need a download part, as our club (reason why im writing the code) only sells physicall items. there would be nothing to stop someone adapting my code though :)
My Mods:

apeee

Post by apeee »

Your shopping cart mod is awesome. You're genius. If you have been working with phpbb then they could have launched some serious mods with you.

I'm into making a forum for non-profit organization where I would really need your shopping cart mod. Well, I'll not be making a shopping forum but would like to add a donation page where the members of the forum can donate.

Will your shopping cart mod have donation kind of function and can the names (members) of donation makers be listed in the forum page where even non members (visitors) can check that out. Your mod can really be helpful for raising fund to help needy people.

I'm keeping close eye in your work and progress. Cheers for the genius brain that you have. :D

daemonic

Post by daemonic »

ive setup a thread for the shop mod over here please keep any replies in that thread :)

it doesnt support donations like you want at the moment, but it shouldnt be hard to customise it to do so
My Mods:

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

What portal are you using btw? Is it part of OurTube?

daemonic

Post by daemonic »

im using an early version Portal XL by DaMysterious (his phpbb.com thread is here but is shown as abandoned when it isnt) its a fork of phpbb3portal by Angelside (his phpbb.com thread is here)

ive also hacked it up quite a bit and added the random shop item block for example :)
My Mods:

takerman

Post by takerman »

Hello,

It will be available about ?

thank you

sorry fo my english :cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”