[ABD] OurTube [YouTube/Uploaded Video Streaming]

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
PCGUY112887

Re: [DEV] OurTube [Was: Another YouTube Style Mod]

Post by PCGUY112887 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:33 am

I registered and went to upload a 8mb .WMV file, it kept uploading and uploading and eventually stopped and the file path disappeared out of the Browse area. Didn't show as finished upload or anything...

Would there be a way to have it show an upload status bar when uploading? Otherwise people aren't going to realize how slow of upload speeds their home connections have and will think the site isn't responding when in reality it's just taking forever to upload.

daemonic

Post by daemonic » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:30 pm

id actually been looking at that myself, php alone cannot produce a progress meter, so im currently looking at a flash uploader to perform this task
My Mods:
OurTube (YouTube clone) [Core: 95%, Features: ??%]
Shop with PayPal Checkout [85%]
Like my mods? Why not make a donation

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:13 pm

any plans on using the youtube API so users can upload video to youtube, upload/embed video from youtube, etc. hope you consider this feature as most members have youtube account and also to maximize youtube's resources..

best wishes!

ukrob12

Post by ukrob12 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:13 pm

Not keen on the uploading to YouTube idea, but embedding existing YouTube videos might also be a nice touch as long as it was optional. It's not that important though and I'd rather see this out without these fuctions first.

ricky_a

Post by ricky_a » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:40 pm

Looks like a great mod...I will download it as soon as it's released.

Would be nice if registered users can embed existing videos from Youtube instead of uploading it on the php site so my webspace won't be killed. :P
Last edited by ricky_a on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:08 pm

looking forward to this one...does this one require a mplayer within the server like clipbucket :cry: or just the ffencoder? :D

Awaiting your beta release... 8-)

oldlock

Post by oldlock » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:10 am

Sounds like a great MOD, I will certainly try it out as I have a VPS and as such should be able to make it work.

ricky_a

Post by ricky_a » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 am

Can you give us an average on when we can expect a download?

NeoID

Post by NeoID » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:25 am

This looks really nice, good work!
Norsk Anime Forum
http://www.AnimeNord.com

dirtysnipe

Post by dirtysnipe » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Any update on a release date as Released soon is quite open ended?

PCGUY112887

Post by PCGUY112887 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:44 am

ukrob12 wrote:Not keen on the uploading to YouTube idea, but embedding existing YouTube videos might also be a nice touch as long as it was optional. It's not that important though and I'd rather see this out without these fuctions first.
Just wanted to mention, I believe the simple ability to switch between server based video uploading/hosting to just using this script as a gallery and when you "Upload" a video, you are just making a page for the video where it is embedded via Youtube or Google Video. I think many site owners will try to use this mod, and not realize what kind of resources video can consume and end up going over bandwidth or CPU or RAM or something. With YouTube/Google Vid embedded like this, it allows site owners to still have their own video section, but the bandwidth and server requirements is put on youtube/google.

PCGUY112887

Post by PCGUY112887 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Now with the availability of HD content on Youtube, I think allowing embedded video files is even more important and worthwhile.

ricky_a

Post by ricky_a » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:00 pm

PCGUY112887 wrote:Just wanted to mention, I believe the simple ability to switch between server based video uploading/hosting to just using this script as a gallery and when you "Upload" a video, you are just making a page for the video where it is embedded via Youtube or Google Video. I think many site owners will try to use this mod, and not realize what kind of resources video can consume and end up going over bandwidth or CPU or RAM or something. With YouTube/Google Vid embedded like this, it allows site owners to still have their own video section, but the bandwidth and server requirements is put on youtube/google.
I agree. I won't want to take the chance of users uploading vids on my server because of that. I prefer if all the vids were embedded from YouTube into the same gallery format of this MOD.

CMCDragonkai
Location: Australia.. and other parts of the world sometimes...

Post by CMCDragonkai » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:40 am

Definitely awesome, keep it up.

Just noting, there's a similar one from VB that is released. They are solely embedding, but if you need information/metadata from videos.. thats what they do.

Demo: http://vbpoint.org/board/video.php
Mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192241

Also, I wonder if you could integrate this with ABBC3 mod, basically it's "posting" on steroids.
http://www.mssti.com/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=21
Show phpbb threads as html articles. V.5.03 Thanks Erik! (This will be updated constantly as I or others contribute...) This code is to be used on external HTML page, but if you want a template version see here.

For the best PHPBB total modification to posting - bbcode, embedding... everything! Visit MSSTI's ABBC3 Modification.

oldlock

Post by oldlock » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Given that it's gone very quiet on this MOD does anyone know of any other doing the same, I need to do what this one intended rather than embedding ...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”