[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
SILIMAN

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by SILIMAN »

BassFace wrote: Please DO NOT test this MOD on your live board at this stage!
Hi,
Phoogle map stable version soon ? :D

sorry if my English is not perfect
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Spaniel wrote:i'm worried about the php 5 issues -- i'm currently on a shared server using php 4.4.7, but if i hav to move to my own server in the future, that will be php 5.0.3 or 5.2.3.

Could people on php 5 make a summary of how they solved the problems and post it on here?

thnx.
Actually, I think the fixes for all the issues that php5 is showing will still work for php4, so I'll just make the changes to the MOD and put it in the next release.
pitas

Post by pitas »

no problem for me for transfert from php4 to php5 :)
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

djchrisnet wrote:but is doesn´t work by me.
Sorry, what isn't working? Please use screenshots if you think that would help show us what the problem is, as I don't always understand what you are trying to say. 8-)
Oscar TWH

Post by Oscar TWH »

Hi BassFace,

Big applause, great MOD, anxious to deploy!

Feature request.
At this time only admin's and mod's are qualified for special markers, and they are "hard coded" using marker1 and marker2.
- it would be usefull (to me and maybe others) to be more flexible; link usergroups (in general) to specific markers.
- override level could/should go one level down, not in general but on marker / group level.

Thx again.

Oscar
lukak

Post by lukak »

hi, the version 0.2.0d is working great. i have a feauture request.
would it be possible to import the location from the location field (that one that is incorporated in phpbb)?
Maniii

Post by Maniii »

cool mod ;)

But why user can't use the ucp...?
Administrators and moderators ok !

EDIT : I must delete into : includes/ucp/ucp_phoogle.php :

Code: Select all

if (sizeof($message_parser->warn_msg))
				{
					$error[] = implode('<br />', $message_parser->warn_msg);
				}
It's ok ?
I don't speak english, i try only :)
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Oscar TWH wrote:Feature request.
At this time only admin's and mod's are qualified for special markers, and they are "hard coded" using marker1 and marker2.
- it would be usefull (to me and maybe others) to be more flexible; link usergroups (in general) to specific markers.
- override level could/should go one level down, not in general but on marker / group level.
I'm planning to make the admin and moderator function more 'dynamic'. I was not aware until recently that those values would not be the same for everyone's installations.

Usergroups - probably not as a standard feature, but once things get finalized, I may do this in an add-on kind of thing. :D
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

lukak wrote:hi, the version 0.2.0d is working great. i have a feauture request.
would it be possible to import the location from the location field (that one that is incorporated in phpbb)?
No, because I know that would cause the map to error out. For example, my location on my site is 'Between the chair and the monitor'! Can't map that! :D
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Maniii wrote:cool mod ;)

But why user can't use the ucp...?
Administrators and moderators ok !

EDIT : I must delete into : includes/ucp/ucp_phoogle.php :

if (sizeof($message_parser->warn_msg))
				{
					$error[] = implode('<br />', $message_parser->warn_msg);
				}
It's ok ?
Do not delete that - it is part of the BBCode code. It's got to be something else.
I don't know why your users can't use it - may be a permission setting you have set? Go through the 'Do it Yourself' section of the install.xml file again and make sure everything was done properly.
Oscar TWH

Post by Oscar TWH »

Never mind, made a mistake myself :evil:
Maniii

Post by Maniii »

BassFace wrote:Do not delete that - it is part of the BBCode code. It's got to be something else.
I don't know why your users can't use it - may be a permission setting you have set? Go through the 'Do it Yourself' section of the install.xml file again and make sure everything was done properly.

Everything is installed now, but there are a few more steps to get the UCP and ACP parts working. 

Activate the UCP Profile Module
1. Log in to your ACP and click on the 'System' tab.
2. In the left panel, under 'Module Management' click the 'User Control Panel' link.
3. In the right (main) panel, click 'Profile'. This will let you view your 'UCP -> Profile' modules.
4. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the 'Phoogle Map [ucp_phoogle]' heading,
select 'Edit Phoogle Map Profile', then click the 'Add Module' button.
5. Confirm this action then return to the previous page (the 'UCP -> Profile' modules page). 
6. Click 'Enable' in the 'Edit Phoogle Map Profile' row.
Your UCP will now have a Phoogle Map section under the Profile tab.

Activate the ACP Category and Modules
2. In the left panel, under 'Module Management' click the 'Administration Control Panel' link.
3. In the right (main) panel, click '.MODs'. This will let you view your 'ACP -> .MODs' modules.
4. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Map Settings', then click the 'Add Module' button.
5. Confirm this action then return to the previous page (the 'ACP -> .MODs' modules page). 
6. Click 'Enable' in the 'Edit Phoogle Map Settings' row.
7. Click on the green gear in the 'Phoogle Map Settings' row to edit the module.
8. Change the 'Module Type' setting from 'Module' to 'Category'.
9. Return to the 'ACP -> .MODs' page, then click on 'Phoogle Map Settings' to enter the 'Phoogle Map Settings' category.
10a. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
10b. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Map Markers', then click the 'Add Module' button.
10c. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Events Settings', then click the 'Add Module' button.
10e. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Event Markers', then click the 'Add Module' button.
10f. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Map Users', then click the 'Add Module' button.   
11. Click 'Enable' in each of these newly added rows. You may change the order they are listed in as you prefer.
Your ACP should now have a Phoogle Map Settings section under the '.MODs' tab with 5 entries: 'Phoogle Map Settings', 'Phoogle Map Markers', and 'Phoogle Events Settings', 'Phoogle Event Markers', and 'Phoogle Map Users'.

Next, in the Administration Control Panel, click on the "Styles" tab at the top, click on "Themes" under "Style components" on the left,
and click on "Refresh" next to the theme/style you have edited. This will 'activate' the Phoogle Map icon in your forum's header. (You may need to 'Purge the cache' in the ACP General tab, too.)

Now go to http://www.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html and get an API Key for your site (ex. http://yoursite.com).
Enter your API key in the 'Phoogle Map Settings' section of the ACP. You must enter *your* Google Maps API key 'cuz mine ain't gonna work for you, hehe.
That ? no permission setting... :roll: Where're permissions setting ? :?

Thank's ;)
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Maniii wrote:
BassFace wrote:Do not delete that - it is part of the BBCode code. It's got to be something else.

Everything is installed now, but there are a few more steps to get the UCP and ACP parts working. 

Activate the UCP Profile Module
2. In the left panel, under 'Module Management' click the 'User Control Panel' link.
3. In the right (main) panel, click 'Profile'. This will let you view your 'UCP -> Profile' modules.
4. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the 'Phoogle Map [ucp_phoogle]' heading,
select 'Edit Phoogle Map Profile', then click the 'Add Module' button.
5. Confirm this action then return to the previous page (the 'UCP -> Profile' modules page). 
6. Click 'Enable' in the 'Edit Phoogle Map Profile' row.
Your UCP will now have a Phoogle Map section under the Profile tab.

Activate the ACP Category and Modules
2. In the left panel, under 'Module Management' click the 'Administration Control Panel' link.
3. In the right (main) panel, click '.MODs'. This will let you view your 'ACP -> .MODs' modules.
4. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
5. Confirm this action then return to the previous page (the 'ACP -> .MODs' modules page). 
6. Click 'Enable' in the 'Edit Phoogle Map Settings' row.
7. Click on the green gear in the 'Phoogle Map Settings' row to edit the module.
8. Change the 'Module Type' setting from 'Module' to 'Category'.
9. Return to the 'ACP -> .MODs' page, then click on 'Phoogle Map Settings' to enter the 'Phoogle Map Settings' category.
10a. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
10b. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Map Markers', then click the 'Add Module' button.
10c. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Events Settings', then click the 'Add Module' button.
10e. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Event Markers', then click the 'Add Module' button.
10f. In the lower right, open the drop-down box next to the 'Add Module' button. Under the bold 'Phoogle Map [acp_phoogle]' heading,
   select 'Phoogle Map Users', then click the 'Add Module' button.   
11. Click 'Enable' in each of these newly added rows. You may change the order they are listed in as you prefer.
Your ACP should now have a Phoogle Map Settings section under the '.MODs' tab with 5 entries: 'Phoogle Map Settings', 'Phoogle Map Markers', and 'Phoogle Events Settings', 'Phoogle Event Markers', and 'Phoogle Map Users'.

Next, in the Administration Control Panel, click on the "Styles" tab at the top, click on "Themes" under "Style components" on the left,
and click on "Refresh" next to the theme/style you have edited. This will 'activate' the Phoogle Map icon in your forum's header. (You may need to 'Purge the cache' in the ACP General tab, too.)

Now go to http://www.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html and get an API Key for your site (ex. http://yoursite.com).
Enter your API key in the 'Phoogle Map Settings' section of the ACP. You must enter *your* Google Maps API key 'cuz mine ain't gonna work for you, hehe.
That ? no permission setting... :roll: Where're permissions setting ? :?

Thank's ;)
There are no specific permission settings for the MOD, what I meant was your permission settings for phpbb and the Usergroups (Registered Users). Have you changed them from the default settings?
Maniii

Post by Maniii »

No... but all MODs are installed, no compatibility...?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Maniii wrote:No... but all MODs are installed, no compatibility...?
I get this error message when I try to go to your UCP.

General Error
Language file potemania.php couldn't be opened.
I don't think that is a fault of this MOD. In fact, if I use the Private Messages (0 new messages) link, I can access the UCP and the Phoogle UCP page - it is your general UCP page that is missing a language file.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”