[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
BassFace

kml/kmz files in Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace »

darkwinglh wrote:If you would, that would really be great, as the one I have is of reports from across the country and would be nice to use with this MOD. Thanks.
Well, that was easier than expected. One thing to note, apparently the .kmz file cannot be accessed from a local machine for testing, so you have to upload it to a web server and link to it there.

Here's the .kmz file I used for testing:
http://www.bassface3d.com/uploads/cropcircles.kmz

And here's how to add it to the MOD's public map. The markers in the .kmz file will show on all map modes.

OPEN phoogle.php

FIND

Code: Select all

map.getContainer().style.overflow="hidden";
AFTER ADD

// ==== Create a KML Overlay ====
    var kml = new GGeoXml("http://www.bassface3d.com/uploads/cropcircles.kmz");
    map.addOverlay(kml);
Just replace the URL to my .kmz file with yours.
BassFace

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace »

astx813 wrote:Not sure what's causing this one. When I click on the .MODS tab in the ACP, it goes directly into the Phoogle Map Config page. The left side panel shows only a logout link, none of the links to other .MOD pages. Any diea what's causing this?

Also, the option on the Phoogle Map Profile page to show/hide your marker is easy for people to miss. How about something that tries to catch users' attention if they've set a map point but still haven't made it visible.

Thanks!
Make sure that the other modules are 'Enabled'. Also, the Map Config entry gets installed 2 times, once as a category and then you click into it and install it again as a module, along with the other modules.

Show/Hide
I tried to draw attention to that setting with the red and green text that changes when you switch from Off to On, but you could easily make that text bigger by editing the template file and putting a <h1> or <h2> tag around that text. :D
theblackwolf

Post by theblackwolf »

Looking for the Mod for the phpbb2 Phoogle Map Mod or is just going to be for phpbb3 only

This mod is better than ice cream on a kitty....hope I can wait...Great job and thanks for the hard work...
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

theblackwolf wrote:Looking for the Mod for the phpbb2 Phoogle Map Mod or is just going to be for phpbb3 only

This mod is better than ice cream on a kitty....hope I can wait...Great job and thanks for the hard work...
Well, here's the thread for the old phpBB2 version, although it doesn't have some of the features like the phpBB3 version has, like distance calculations, geodesic polylines, etc.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=496246
theblackwolf

Post by theblackwolf »

BassFace wrote:
theblackwolf wrote:Looking for the Mod for the phpbb2 Phoogle Map Mod or is just going to be for phpbb3 only

Well, here's the thread for the old phpBB2 version, although it doesn't have some of the features like the phpBB3 version has, like distance calculations, geodesic polylines, etc.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=496246
thanks for the tip...I'm still thinking about updating my forum to phpbb3 from phpbb2 then wait for you gold release, I love all th features that comes with the phpbb3.
My forum is a state based forum (Texas) and would be wanting it for the this state only.

I know you are busy but I have to ask ETA on the release....as someone said before the phpbb community is hunger for this.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

theblackwolf wrote:
thanks for the tip...I'm still thinking about updating my forum to phpbb3 from phpbb2 then wait for you gold release, I love all th features that comes with the phpbb3.
My forum is a state based forum (Texas) and would be wanting it for the this state only.

I know you are busy but I have to ask ETA on the release....as someone said before the phpbb community is hunger for this.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm not sure when 'Gold' will happen - while I feel the MOD is pretty stable and the core feature-set is in place, the MODDB team will need to approve it. I don't know what kind of turn-around time they have right now. ;)
astx813

Post by astx813 »

BassFace wrote:Also, the Map Config entry gets installed 2 times, once as a category and then you click into it and install it again as a module, along with the other modules.
As soon as I saw this I knew that was my mistake. I did it right the first time around, and then, like an idiot, raced through the step-by-step and skipped part of it. Thanks for the quick reply.
Oscar TWH

Post by Oscar TWH »

Hi Bassface,

I found two little bugs when testing :?

My board has 77 members in total, but looking in the ACP at Phoogle Users pagination goes up to 13.
Page 1-8 has users (7 x10, 1x7), pages 9 to 13 are empty.
Looked at the userid's in the DB, they are numbered upto 410.
Maybe you could have a look at the pagination?

When adding a new Event on the ACP, and changing the month in the calendar view, I get a 404 Page not Found. It is referring to: http://naturalwalkinghorses.eu/forum/includes/includes/phoogle/calendar.html?id=1&s=1205145068145&c=1202639468000
There is 1 "includes/" too much (it does work when deleting it)

Hope to be of any help,

Oscar
Geisthund

Post by Geisthund »

Oscar TWH wrote:Hi Bassface,

When adding a new Event on the ACP, and changing the month in the calendar view, I get a 404 Page not Found.
Hi
I had this problem.
It's a path issue, I hope this will work regardless of where your phpbb is installed (site root or subdir)
Try this:
Open includes/phoogle/calendar3.js and FIND (partial line)

'./../includes/phoogle/calendar.html?id='
Replace with this:

'/includes/phoogle/calendar.html?id='
Then Purge your phpbb cache and clear your browser cache.
Oscar TWH

Post by Oscar TWH »

Thx Gareth, was too lazy to check all 22 pages for this bug. :oops:
Hopefully BassFace will include it in the next version.
cheers,
Oscar
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Oscar TWH wrote:Hi Bassface,

I found two little bugs when testing :?

My board has 77 members in total, but looking in the ACP at Phoogle Users pagination goes up to 13.
Page 1-8 has users (7 x10, 1x7), pages 9 to 13 are empty.
Looked at the userid's in the DB, they are numbered upto 410.
Maybe you could have a look at the pagination?
That is odd. I did have some trouble figuring out the pagination for the ACP, because it needs to show all users, not just ones with map points set who want to be shown. I'll have another look at my DB query for that. :roll:
viktorados

Post by viktorados »

How can I delete a few markers?

I have manually deleted the rows from "phpbb_phoogle_markers" SQL table
and have updated the marker_id for all, so that it would be from 1 to 7 (ascending, without gaps)

Is it OK, or do I have to make some other changes somewhere?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

viktorados wrote:How can I delete a few markers?

I have manually deleted the rows from "phpbb_phoogle_markers" SQL table
and have updated the marker_id for all, so that it would be from 1 to 7 (ascending, without gaps)

Is it OK, or do I have to make some other changes somewhere?
I guess we'll find out. :D Honestly, I don't know - you'll just need to see if any errors come up, then we can deal with those.
viktorados

Post by viktorados »

I get this error, when I try to set in "Admin CP" > ".MODS" > "Phoogle Map Markers"
the field (see below) to "NO" and press "SUBMIT" (with "YES" I have no errors)
Special / Reserved Markers (-)

Use Special Markers?
Set to "Yes" to Override Admin's and Moderator's selected map markers with these Special Markers.
Set to "No" to show Admin's and Moderator's selected map markers.
[-] Yes
[+] No
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'use_special_markers' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_phoogle_config SET marker_folder = 'images/phoogle/markers/', use_special_markers = '' WHERE map_id = '1'

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_phoogle.php
LINE: 538
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_phoogle->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
merebel

Post by merebel »

question for you on this
we are useing phpbb2 and was wondering if I can use this to display user groups by a region??

The user groups on my board repesent differnt regions around the world and the members are appart of the user group for that region.

Thanks
Keith

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”