[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
bogdan81

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by bogdan81 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:27 pm

I fix it...
It seems that was related to a custom profile field I have added long time ago!! I just enabled/disabled that field and now is working.
I really don't know how the phoogle is related to this(if it is)..

On a test forum I could have seen the option to measure the distance, but now on this forum I am using it live I cannot see this option anymore.(www.ClubC4.ro)
any Ideas?

Thanks

raaP

Post by raaP » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:05 am

Great mod,

How do I allow guests to see the map?
Thanks,
RAAP

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:57 am

raaP wrote:Great mod,

How do I allow guests to see the map?
Thanks,
RAAP
In phoogle.php, around line 29:
Change this code:

Code: Select all

// This permission check is taken from memberlist.php
// Can this user view profiles/memberlist?
if (!$auth->acl_gets('u_viewprofile'))
{
	if ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS)
	{
		trigger_error('NO_VIEW_USERS');
	}

login_box('', ((isset($user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_' . strtoupper($mode)])) ? $user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_' . strtoupper($mode)] : $user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_PHOOGLE']));
}
To this:

// This permission check is taken from memberlist.php
// Can this user view profiles/memberlist?
/*if (!$auth->acl_gets('u_viewprofile'))
{
	if ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS)
	{
		trigger_error('NO_VIEW_USERS');
	}

login_box('', ((isset($user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_' . strtoupper($mode)])) ? $user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_' . strtoupper($mode)] : $user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_PHOOGLE']));
}*/
This should remove the check if the user is registered or not and allow anyone to view the map.

musta

Post by musta » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Gday Mate,

Firstly Great Mod, cant wait to get it going.

I have followed the install instructions all the way through and got the DIY section, but when I select ACP or UCP undet the Module Management section I get the following errors:

ACP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_modules.php on line 558: acp_modules::include(./../includes/acp/info/acp_phoogle.php) [function.acp-modules-include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_modules.php on line 558: acp_modules::include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/acp/info/acp_phoogle.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 159: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2961)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 161: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2961)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 162: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2961)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 163: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2961)
UCP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_modules.php on line 558: acp_modules::include(./../includes/ucp/info/ucp_phoogle.php) [function.acp-modules-include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_modules.php on line 558: acp_modules::include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/ucp/info/ucp_phoogle.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 159: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2961)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 161: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2961)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 162: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2961)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 163: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2961)
Now, I have looked through the files that appear to associated and cant find anything out of the ordinary.

Can you give me and idea of what maybe causing these errors?

T I A
Cheer
MUSTA

Let the Music Lead You
Behind My Eyes

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Well, it looks to me like it's trying to load the modules but can't locate the files in the /info folders
./../includes/acp/info/acp_phoogle.php
and
./../includes/ucp/info/ucp_phoogle.php

can you double check that they were uploaded?
Or, make sure your paths are set correctly (the ./../).

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:12 pm

Sunka wrote:BassFace, please help

Only Admin and Global Moderators have special images for maps...I created rank Moderators...How to set them to have special images on maps too?
BUMP :mrgreen:

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Sunka wrote:

Only Admin and Global Moderators have special images for maps...I created rank Moderators...How to set them to have special images on maps too?
Well, that might not be possible. If it is a rank, the script does not look at a user's rank, so that would require alot of script modification to get working.
If it is a user group, and you set it to be those users' default group, you might be able to get it working by editing this section of phoogle.php. You can see each case is for a different user group, using the defined constants for each group. You will need to add a case that matches the group ID you want.
This will affect the main map marker only, you'll have to dig deeper for sidebar name colour, icons/legend below the map, etc.

// Now deal with each user's selected icon and what to do if they are an admin or a moderator
	// Within each case is what to do if 'Use Special Markers' is selected or not in the ACP.
	// Added marker type for Show/Hide groups feature.
	switch($member[$i]['group_id']) 
	{
		case $group['ADMINISTRATORS']['id']:
			$member[$i]['user_phoogle_icon'] = ($use_special_markers == 1) ? '1' : $member[$i]['user_phoogle_icon'];
			$member[$i]['marker_group'] = 'admin';
			break;
		case $group['GLOBAL_MODERATORS']['id']:
			$member[$i]['user_phoogle_icon'] = ($use_special_markers == 1) ? '2' : $member[$i]['user_phoogle_icon'];
			$member[$i]['marker_group'] = 'moderator';
			break;
		default:
			$member[$i]['marker_group'] = 'user';
	}

musta

Post by musta » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:26 am

BassFace wrote:Well, it looks to me like it's trying to load the modules but can't locate the files in the /info folders
./../includes/acp/info/acp_phoogle.php
and
./../includes/ucp/info/ucp_phoogle.php

can you double check that they were uploaded?
Or, make sure your paths are set correctly (the ./../).
Sorted, I changed the permissions on the two files and it worked, also somehow I added the ucp file in two different locations :oops:

Thanks
MUSTA

Let the Music Lead You
Behind My Eyes

musta

Post by musta » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:04 am

Ok, I finally got the acp and ucp modules enabled and sorted under the "system tab", then I went and got my API key, all good so far....

I clicked on the .MODS tab in ACP and got some error messages "cant open file" so I changed the permissions on the file and selected the .MODS tab again and it only returns a blank screen???

did I miss something??
MUSTA

Let the Music Lead You
Behind My Eyes

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:56 am

The module install is kinda screwy, go through the diy section carefully, as you have to install one thing 2 times, once as a Category and then again as a module.

Also, there are files that have the same name, but go in different folders and ARE different - that's just the way the module system works.
example
includes/acp/acp_phoogle.php
is different than
includes/acp/info/acp_phoogle.php

musta

Post by musta » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:31 am

BassFace wrote:The module install is kinda screwy, go through the diy section carefully, as you have to install one thing 2 times, once as a Category and then again as a module.

Also, there are files that have the same name, but go in different folders and ARE different - that's just the way the module system works.
example
includes/acp/acp_phoogle.php
is different than
includes/acp/info/acp_phoogle.php
I went through the dyi section very slowly and made the category and module section.

I just rinstalled the two acp files mentioned above ensuring they went in the right places but I get the following error message when i select the .MOD tab:
General Error
Module file ./../includes/acp/acp_phoogle.php does not contain correct class [acp_phoogle]
and when i select the ACP from the system tab I get:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_modules.php on line 558: acp_modules::include(./../includes/acp/info/acp_phoogle.php) [function.acp-modules-include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_modules.php on line 558: acp_modules::include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/acp/info/acp_phoogle.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php')
Administration
If I change the permissions on the files I then get the blank screen from the .MOD tab and the acp under SYSTEM works as it should.

regards
MUSTA

Let the Music Lead You
Behind My Eyes

austin881
Name: Austin Maddox

Post by austin881 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:36 pm

First of all, thanks for such a great MOD. One of the best ever made for phpBB, IMO. I love it!
I've been patiently waiting since January for this MOD to be released. My question is, could you possibly come up with a stable version and get it verified and released? It seems to me that more features keep getting added through the months and it would be nice to just have the Mod as it is right this moment (as long as it is stable, of course).
Then later on you could release another version with whatever new features and toys you've added. I've got a live site (running 3.0.1/prosilver) and my members would absolutely go wild with joy to have this MOD on our site.

//Austin

P.S. I would be the first to donate $50.00 USD for a validated/stable release of Phoogle Map. If could afford more I donate more because this Mod would be priceless on my forums.
Last edited by austin881 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Available for paid phpBB help! PM me.

My Extensions/MODS: 475 Narius Categorized Smilies for phpBB3, Simplified & Compacted All-Members page, Flash Animated Cumulus Tag Cloud, "Hello" Name Tag of Newest User, AWS S3
phpBB portfolio: chevy truck forum, chevy astro van forum

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 pm

BassFace wrote:
Sunka wrote:

Well, that might not be possible. If it is a rank, the script does not look at a user's rank, so that would require alot of script modification to get working.
If it is a user group, and you set it to be those users' default group, you might be able to get it working by editing this section of phoogle.php. You can see each case is for a different user group, using the defined constants for each group. You will need to add a case that matches the group ID you want.
This will affect the main map marker only, you'll have to dig deeper for sidebar name colour, icons/legend below the map, etc.

// Now deal with each user's selected icon and what to do if they are an admin or a moderator
	// Within each case is what to do if 'Use Special Markers' is selected or not in the ACP.
	{
		case $group['ADMINISTRATORS']['id']:
			$member[$i]['user_phoogle_icon'] = ($use_special_markers == 1) ? '1' : $member[$i]['user_phoogle_icon'];
			break;
		case $group['GLOBAL_MODERATORS']['id']:
			$member[$i]['user_phoogle_icon'] = ($use_special_markers == 1) ? '2' : $member[$i]['user_phoogle_icon'];
			break;
		default:
	}
Thank you, I did it (I think :mrgreen: )
Everything is like before except that Moderators (it is user group, not user rank) has same default special icon on map like global moderators.
I just copy paste code links for Global moderatoras, except I change noumber of group ID.
I try to check everything, and for now, there is no errors...
Here is code if someone else want that like me...
I think it is working :mrgreen:

{
		case $group[5]['id']:
			break;
		case $group[4]['id']:
			break;
		case $group[10]['id']:
			break;
		default:
	}
}

This is what I change above

case $group[10]['id']:
break;

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:26 pm

austin881 wrote:First of all, thanks for such a great MOD. One of the best every made for phpBB, IMO. I love it!
I've been patiently waiting since January for this MOD to be released. My question is, could you possibly come up with a stable version and get it verified and released? It seems to me that more features keep getting added through the months and it would be nice to just have the Mod as it is right this moment (as long as it is stable, of course).
Then later on you could release another version with whatever new features and toys you've added. I've got a live site (running 3.0.1/prosilver) and my members would absolutely go wild with joy to have this MOD on our site.

//Austin

P.S. I would be the first to donate $50.00 USD for a validated/stable release of Phoogle Map. If could afford more I donate more because this Mod would be priceless on my forums.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to devote much time to this mod lately, other projects and life gets in the way. As far as releasing a stable or approved version, understand that the difference between mods in development and approved MODDB mods is a very rigorous screening process by the phpBB mod DB team. This is a good idea, really, as it provides the best chances that different mods will behave well with each other and the phpbb core.

I kind of gave up on getting approval for the phpbb2 version of this mod, and it lingers in the phpbb2 development forum. If/when time permits I will try to read up again on the requirements for MODDB approval and submit it for review. However, while coding it I did try to follow the phpbb mod guidelines in regards to db abstraction layer, use of language constants for easy multi-lingual support, etc.

And the features are pretty much locked now - I tried to add as many native Google Maps API features as well as the most requested features as related to integrating it within phpbb3.

austin881
Name: Austin Maddox

Post by austin881 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:45 pm

BassFace wrote: As far as releasing a stable or approved version, understand that the difference between mods in development and approved MODDB mods is a very rigorous screening process by the phpBB mod DB team. This is a good idea, really, as it provides the best chances that different mods will behave well with each other and the phpbb core.
I absolutely agree, the rigorus screening process/validation that the Mod DB team does is top notch. They do a fantastic job and make my life easy by weeding out the less desirable Mods that have bugs, bad coding, or security issues.
That is exactly why I would like to see the Phoogle Map mod pass this validation. I do not install any Mods on my live site that have not been approved by this process. The validation process gives me some piece of mind that the Mod I'm about to install is reasonably bug-free and secure.

Please seriously consider submitting this Mod for inclusion into the Mod DB. Thank you so much!
Available for paid phpBB help! PM me.

My Extensions/MODS: 475 Narius Categorized Smilies for phpBB3, Simplified & Compacted All-Members page, Flash Animated Cumulus Tag Cloud, "Hello" Name Tag of Newest User, AWS S3
phpBB portfolio: chevy truck forum, chevy astro van forum

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”