[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
swbfguy

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by swbfguy »

easygo wrote:Thanks for the advice, updown! Let's make some step-by-step instructions ::

Open includes/acp_phoogle.php and then find / replace

Code: Select all

$js_main = $js_start . $js_showMap . $js_controlType . $js_terrain . $js_trafficOv . $js_showType . $js_showScale . $js_showOverview . $js_dblClkZm . $js_contZm . $js_scrWhlZm . $js_googleBar . $js_zmLimit . $js_listener . $js_centerMap . $js_end;
the whole line with

$js_main = $js_start . $js_showMap . $js_controlType . $js_terrain . $js_trafficOv . $js_showType . $js_showScale . $js_showOverview . $js_dblClkZm . $js_contZm . $js_scrWhlZm . $js_zmLimit . $js_listener . $js_centerMap . $js_googleBar . $js_end;
Hope it helps :/ easy
includes/acp/acp_phoogle.php

?
easygo

Post by easygo »

Awww yes, you are dead right! There was missing sth. as to the path.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
mwiemarkus

Post by mwiemarkus »

Hello,

i have a problem with my phoogle map..

i changed server and domain last week, and now the map makes problems..

the map is correctly shown in user area, where positon can be set and in the acp i can create events..

but in acp--> phoogle map setting, there is no map
and in ./portal.php the map is emty too
(i only see the google logo and the terms of use button)

can you help me please, because tomorrow i have to realese the forum...
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

mwiemarkus wrote:Hello,

the map is correctly shown in user area, where positon can be set and in the acp i can create events..

By turning OFF the display of Google's local search in the ACP-phoogle-settings, IT WORKS AGAIN!
easygo

Post by easygo »

mwiemarkus wrote:Hello,

I guess you haven't read that much before. :roll: Just try the last 2-3 pages.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
mwiemarkus

Post by mwiemarkus »

okay, thanks... it functions.

next problem:
i didn't see the marker in acp and...

and in the ucp:

i have already cleand cache, templates and themes
mwiemarkus

Post by mwiemarkus »

nobody a tipp for me?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Check/adjust your path (folder) setting to the images in the ACP Phoogle Markers area. By default it should be images/phoogle/markers/. Also, make sure the images were uploaded :D
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

BassFace wrote:
Galaxy21 wrote:Hi!

Would it be possible to extend the "Show me on the map: No / Yes" setting to "Show me on the map: No / Friends only / All"?
Yes it would be possible, but not easily, and I think it could slow down the script pretty badly.

The sql query that gathers the users to display (when someone views the map) would need to be altered/rewritten. Currently it just checks the 'yes/no' value if you want to be shown (and if you are allowed to be shown by the Admin); to just show to friends, the script would have to look through every person's friends list that has a map point set and see if the viewer is a friend.
Right... this could become difficult.
How is this done for postings and foes? Whouldn't that be a way to do it?

Another question: Why don't you use Googles MarkerManager to display a large amount of markers and manage them based on zoom level? That way it might be possible to display all the users markers even on larger boards.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

I'm not sure how the friend/foe thing is handled within phpBB - there may be specific functions written that could easily be used for Phoogle's purposes like you described. I just don't know. :D

As for the Google marker manager, I didn't think it was well suited for this MOD, it is more for handling different sets of markers and what zoom level you want each set to start being shown. I didn't think that would fit well with a changing/growing set of user markers that should be shown at all zoom levels.
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

BassFace wrote:I'm not sure how the friend/foe thing is handled within phpBB - there may be specific functions written that could easily be used for Phoogle's purposes like you described. I just don't know. :D
Might be worth looking into that. If I have some time I might do that. ;)
BassFace wrote:As for the Google marker manager, I didn't think it was well suited for this MOD, it is more for handling different sets of markers and what zoom level you want each set to start being shown. I didn't think that would fit well with a changing/growing set of user markers that should be shown at all zoom levels.
I brought it up because as of now you are only diplaying a limited number of markers. And when I'm looking for members near my location, I would not be able to find them all, because it is very likely they aren't displayed.

The marker manager is designed to handle a large amount of markers because it only displays a limited number of them at any given time (if scripted crorrectly ;)).
Google wrote:Marker manager is an interface between the map and the user, designed to manage adding and removing many points when the viewport changes.

Algorithm: The MM places its markers onto a grid, similar to the map tiles. When the user moves the viewport, the MM computes which grid cells have entered or left the viewport, and shows or hides all the markers in those cells.
(If the users scrolls the viewport beyond the markers that are loaded, no markers will be visible until the EVENT_moveend triggers an update.)

In practical consequences, this allows 10,000 markers to be distributed over a large area, and as long as only 100-200 are visible in any given viewport, the user will see good performance corresponding to the 100 visible markers, rather than poor performance corresponding to the total 10,000 markers.
The only problem I see is: How to define the marker groups within PHP based on the geocode. Because it would be nesseccary to group markers at a given location and a radius x based on zoom level. If we could solve this, I think marker manager could greatly improve this mod. And the geocode is just numbers, so it is "only" a mathematical problem. :)

Btw: Great work so far. I "stole" some of your JS code for my own testing with the API.
simonw

Post by simonw »

Hi, I have a small problem positioning the link within the overall_header file. Could someone possibly help me solve it. It all looks ok in IE7 but in Firefox and other browsers it doesn't look right. Please see image below.

And here's the code section in the overall_header file.

<li class="rightside">
<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><a href="{U_PHOOGLE}" title="{L_PHOOGLE_ALT_TEXT}" class="icon-phoogle">{L_PHOOGLE_LINK_TEXT}</a></li><li class="rightside"><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_BLOG --><a href="{U_BLOG}" title="{L_BLOG}" class="icon-members">{L_BLOG}</a></li><li class="rightside"><!-- ENDIF -->
<li class="rightside" style="<!-- IF S_GALLERY_NOTIFY -->background-image: url({T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_gallery_notify.gif)<!-- ELSE -->background-image: url({T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_gallery.gif)<!-- ENDIF -->;
background-position: 0 50%;padding: 1px 0 0 17px;background-repeat: no-repeat;"><a href="{U_IMAGE_GALLERY}" title="{L_GALLERY}">{L_GALLERY}</a></li>

<!-- IF S_CONTACT_ENABLED --><a href="{U_CONTACT}" title="{L_CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN}" class="icon-contact">{L_CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN_SHORT}</a>&nbsp; <!-- ENDIF -->
<a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}" class="icon-faq">{L_FAQ}</a>&nbsp;
					<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
						<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}" class="icon-members">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a>&nbsp; <!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><a href="{U_REGISTER}" class="icon-register">{L_REGISTER}</a>&nbsp; <!-- ENDIF -->
						<a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="l" class="icon-logout">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
			</ul>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>

</div>
Hope someone can put me right

Thanks

Simon
Sunka

Post by Sunka »

Suddenly BBcode NOT work when I create description for events...(but older events looks OK, BBcode is working in there)
It show in ACP that BBcode is ON...but when I click on events on Phoogle Map on my forum, it is not OK

It looks like this:

[b]fishing in Croatia[/b]
But it should be like this:

fishing in Croatia

Cold someone help me?
Maybe is something wrong in database or some code is mess up...

EDIT: One more question...is it possible to write in events non english letters š č ć đ ž ????

EDIT 2: I do not understand...I try to create several new events, and in some BBcode working (parse it), but in some others don't...

BassFace...Easygo...Could you help me?
Holger

Post by Holger »

Hi, thank you for this great mod!
I will try this on my phpBB3.

I would in addition like to install the phpBB2-version. Do you still have a download for that?
thebluebus

Post by thebluebus »

edit....i'm a moron :(

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”