[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
viktorados

Re: [BETA] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by viktorados »

Wonderful mod!!! :D :D :D
Respect!

Do you have by any chance a Photoshop format of the user icons (smilies)
that are used on the Phoogle Map(PSD)?

I would like to customize them a bit for my forum :) Thanks
Last edited by viktorados on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

lukak wrote:you must change also in includes/phoogle/calendar3.js

Code: Select all

'/includes/phoogle/calendar.html?id=' + this.id + '&s=' + this.dt_selected.valueOf() + '&c=' + this.dt_current.valueOf(),
to:

Code: Select all

'./../includes/phoogle/calendar.html?id=' + this.id + '&s=' + this.dt_selected.valueOf() + '&c=' + this.dt_current.valueOf(),
thanks for your help...will post other bugs if i find some :D

p.s.: and i'm listed 2 times on the right user selector....
Thanks for finding that! I've changed it for the next release.
I also have modified the code to (hopefully) stop users from being displayed 2 times.
devilside

Post by devilside »

"mode=single" Problem. Users displayed 2 times and the if i click the name the site jumps to the top of the page... it not shows the location of the users automatical or by click in single.... hope you can fix that.
Geisthund

Post by Geisthund »

devilside wrote:"mode=single" Problem. Users displayed 2 times and the if i click the name the site jumps to the top of the page... it not shows the location of the users automatical or by click in single.... hope you can fix that.
Accessing the map via the users profile eg phoogle.php?mode=single&u=48 is only producing a single marker on my install but can confirm the profile bubble is not appearing.

The link from my profile to phoogle appears like this phoogle.php?mode=single&u=2
After clicking my name in the Mapped Users box the link changes to phoogle.php?mode=single&u=2#

HTH

Gareth
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

devilside wrote:"mode=single" Problem. Users displayed 2 times and the if i click the name the site jumps to the top of the page... it not shows the location of the users automatical or by click in single.... hope you can fix that.
Are you looking at yourself or another user when it displays twice? The viewer (you) will be shown always if you have a map point set. This is required for the distance-between-markers calculation that shows in the bubble and the line that gets drawn.

I cannot duplicate the bubble not working, but I am testing with the next release code (so maybe I fixed it and don't know it :D).

EDIT

Geisthund, I just looked at your board and can verify this is an issue that I have fixed. I had some leftover code from the phpBB2 version of the MOD that changed what the sidebar links do for different maps. Took that out for next version.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

viktorados wrote:Wonderful mod!!! :D :D :D
Respect!

Do you have by any chance a Photoshop format of the icons (PSD)?

I would like to customize them a bit for my forum :) Thanks
I use Fireworks, so I have a PNG with layers. You should be able to use it in PhotoShop, too, I think.
http://bassface3d.com/phoogle/phpbb3/marker_source.zip
devilside

Post by devilside »

Yes, iam looking at myself from profile link:

"phoogle.php?mode=single&u=2"

if i click my name it shows me the link "phoogle.php?mode=single&u=2#" with a dash at the and of the link and jumps to the top of the page not to the marker.
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

devilside wrote:if i click my name it shows me the link "phoogle.php?mode=single&u=2#" with a dash at the and of the link and jumps to the top of the page not to the marker.
That is fixed for the next release. I'll work on the double name situation. ;)
viktorados

Post by viktorados »

BassFace wrote:
devilside wrote:if i click my name it shows me the link "phoogle.php?mode=single&u=2#" with a dash at the and of the link and jumps to the top of the page not to the marker.
That is fixed for the next release. ;)
When can we expect the next release?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

Next release will be either tomorrow or Monday Feb. 11. I've got to fix a few more things and rebuild the install.xml file, and see if it will be possible to put together an update file for folks running v0.1.0.
DiegoPino

Post by DiegoPino »

hi.

Please BassFace , Add a Phoogle Map Icon Image in the viewtopic.php

For Example:

:roll:

We11World [ Winning Eleven ] , Blog , PinoStudio1 , Archive Forums
Spaniel

Post by Spaniel »

DiegoPino wrote:hi.

Excellent idea - so it's viewable on the forum - also on the memberlist.php and groupcp.php if that's possible :)

Wish you all the best BassFace. I wish I could help in some way.
Spaniel

Re: [DEV] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by Spaniel »

Xabi wrote:I think that Phoogle is a great idea, but it will stay as a "nice effect" if we can't filter users by location. I think that this might be done with custom profile fields for a better integration into phpBB. Imagine a members search page where you could search by country and region, by interests... all relevant fields, and then show the results on a Google map.

Phoogle could be the start of a great social networking tool based on phpBB3, instead on "another cool addition" between hundreds of additions.

I see what Xabi is saying here - on a forum with many thousands of members especially in the same country, the map would probably be too full up so more filters in addition to usergroups would help to filter out users you don't want to see.

If the profile page has age, for example, then an age range filter would take out all those outside the range - also a gender filter, etc.

However, more coding is not the priority right now. Perhaps it might be something BassFace could consider at a later date?
BassFace

Post by BassFace »

DiegoPino wrote:hi.

Done (many thanks to Brf for his assistance!).
BassFace

Demo Board running v0.2.0

Post by BassFace »

Just updated the demo board to v0.2.0 of the MOD.

Notable changes:
  • Phoogle icon shows in the Forum threads poster's profile (to the left -->) if the message author/poster has a map point set.
  • Map comment bubble and event description bubble now accepts BBCode and smileys! (expand BassFace's bubble to see an example) These will respect the settings you have for the users' "Signature" field (e.g Allow Flash, Allow URLs).
  • Polylines get drawn between you and users or events when you click their marker or sidebar link (if you have a map point set).
I won't be able to release v0.2.0 until Monday at the earliest. Lots to change in the install.xml file. :roll: :geek:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”