[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
BassFace

Re: [DEV] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:56 pm

lifeguard81 wrote:What a nice mod!
Is it difficult to install it?
Well, it's not complete yet. Still fighting with the Admin Control Panel stuff. I don't think it will be too hard to install, but there will be some FIND and ADD AFTER editing to be done. :D

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:53 pm

Just a progress report. Have made some progress with the ACP portion.

ACP page for setting Map Config values

ACP page for setting up map marker images/settings

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:13 pm

Using an Open Source Maps API extension, I've been able to further refine the Traffic Overlay feature (USA data only, it seems).

I'm going to be installing a demo board for this MOD so anyone interested can play with it, and hopefully offer some suggestions or feature requests to make it the best it can be. I'll post a link here to the demo board when it's up and running.

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Oh man, that looks great. If you need betatesters, I'm in ;)

Grtz,

Nic

lifeguard81

Post by lifeguard81 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:25 pm

Damn it looks wonderful!

Can't wait. :mrgreen:
Bye phpBB, hello Compo.sr A complete website package with news, forum, chat, gallery and much more!

DiegoPino

Post by DiegoPino » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:59 pm

BassFace... you are the man.... i can wait.... maybe for the next year!!!

:lol:
We11World [ Winning Eleven ] , Blog , PinoStudio1 , Archive Forums

JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:09 pm

This mod here looks really good. I cant wait to test this out. Keep up the good work. :D

BassFace

DEMO Site Up & Running

Post by BassFace » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:11 pm

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words! 8-)

I've set up the Demo board, so go have a look. PLEASE read the first Post there for info on how to login to check out the ACP. And please register, so you can check out the UCP, and so I'll know who's checking out my MOD. :D
http://phooglemapv3.bassface3d.com

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:55 pm

Hey everyone: I found another new feature (well, 'new' since the phpbb2 version of this MOD came out). It changes the way the users' info windows (the map Bubbles) open. So I just changed the demo board to use this.
Please check out the demo board again and let me know if you prefer this way or the old (tabbed) way. Click on BassFace in the list, then click the + in my Bubble to see the full effect. :geek:

http://phooglemapv3.bassface3d.com/phoogle.php
Thanks! :D

BassFace

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:27 am

BassFace wrote:Please check out the demo board again and let me know if you prefer this way or the old (tabbed) way. Click on BassFace in the list, then click the + in my Bubble to see the full effect. :geek:
BassFace
Bass,

I really like the new feature. But here's an idea: with the ability to expand the bubble to the entire width x height of the map, it'd be pretty sweet to show a mini-profile there. The comment feature is cool, but I don't foresee many users really putting that to use (to where it would fill out the box.) How about a an ACP controlled (and perhaps UCP on top of that) ability to show specific profile data in the box (interests, birthday, signature, custom profile lines, etc etc.) I think it'd be a cool added feature.

As for the traffic data, I don't really see how that's all too useful, but if it's ACP optioned, then why not.

On another note; is there a method to changing the shape of the bubbles to suit a custom theme? eg. less rounded corners, or squared corners, color options etc.

Keep up the good work, it's coming along nicely.
-Sammy

Tom Keels

Post by Tom Keels » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:46 am

This mod looks awesome. Can't wait to integrate it.

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:18 am

Sammy Sandbag wrote:I really like the new feature. But here's an idea: with the ability to expand the bubble to the entire width x height of the map, it'd be pretty sweet to show a mini-profile there. The comment feature is cool, but I don't foresee many users really putting that to use (to where it would fill out the box.) How about a an ACP controlled (and perhaps UCP on top of that) ability to show specific profile data in the box (interests, birthday, signature, custom profile lines, etc etc.) I think it'd be a cool added feature.
That's an awesome idea! I'll look into it tomorrow - I don't think displaying that info would be hard to do, but getting it through the same permission-tests that that info goes through in the 'real' viewprofile page might be hard! :o
Sammy Sandbag wrote: As for the traffic data, I don't really see how that's all too useful, but if it's ACP optioned, then why not.
My thoughts exactly. It'll be off by default, but since Google offers it, I thought I'd add it in - someone may find it useful for their board's users.
Sammy Sandbag wrote: On another note; is there a method to changing the shape of the bubbles to suit a custom theme? eg. less rounded corners, or squared corners, color options etc.
Yes there is an extension called extInfoWindows that does just that, where you can use CSS to use either just colored lines to create a box, or you can slice up your own PNG and use that as your bubble. I've not gotten it to work with this MOD yet, but I haven't given up on it yet. :geek:

BassFace

Minor Change to the UCP

Post by BassFace » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:20 pm

I changed the way the UCP map works, since geocoding is turning out to be a major pain :twisted: . I've made the user's chosen map marker visible on the UCP map, and it is now draggable. So you can move the marker to your desired location to set it.

I am still gonna try to add geocoding, but this is at least a little more user-friendly than the way it was, in my opinion. :?

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Sammy Sandbag wrote: it'd be pretty sweet to show a mini-profile there.
OK, I've got the basic Profile info working, displaying only if there's a value there, just like in the real Profile page. Oh yeah, and I gotta add birthdays.

Check out my marker on the Demo board, I filled in all the Profile Fields so they would display. :D
http://phooglemapv3.bassface3d.com/phoogle.php

Then I can see about adding custom profile fields, and then integrating it into the ACP, too. I reckon if the user doesn't want his ICQ, YIM or whatever displayed, they wouldn't enter it in to their profile at all, so I'll skip the UCP part for that.

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:41 am

BassFace wrote:
Sammy Sandbag wrote: it'd be pretty sweet to show a mini-profile there.
OK, I've got the basic Profile info working, displaying only if there's a value there, just like in the real Profile page. Oh yeah, and I gotta add birthdays.
Simply brilliant! What about adding signatures? (seems like this would supplant the whole comment block to begin with)
I reckon if the user doesn't want his ICQ, YIM or whatever displayed, they wouldn't enter it in to their profile at all, so I'll skip the UCP part for that.
Makes perfect sense, should have thought of that before I even typed it.
I am still gonna try to add geocoding, but this is at least a little more user-friendly than the way it was, in my opinion.
In mine as well. I much prefer the drag and drop method.
-Sammy

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”