[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
saaiberke

Re: [DEV] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by saaiberke » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:31 am

On your demo board, I noticed problems with the profile and send private message feature in Phoogle map. When I click on profile I get a 404 error ==>

Code: Select all

http://phooglemapv3.bassface3d.com/%5C%22./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2\%22
Just wanted to let you know ;)

Grtz,

Nic

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:46 pm

saaiberke wrote:On your demo board, I noticed problems with the profile and send private message feature in Phoogle map. When I click on profile I get a 404 error ==>

Code: Select all

http://phooglemapv3.bassface3d.com/%5C%22./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2\%22
Just wanted to let you know ;)

Grtz,

Nic
Thanks! Got it fixed. :oops:

BassFace

Yet another mini-progress report

Post by BassFace » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:51 pm

I am very happy right now! :D I found a 'fix' for an issue that bugged me since the phpBB2 version of this MOD was being developed: When you enable mouseWheelZoom on the map (mouse wheel zooms the map in and out), the entire page would still scroll up and down. Very annoying IMHO.

Someone (I believe they are a Google Map developer) released a bit of Javascript that basically 'blocks' the mousewheel events from reaching the browser window when your mouse is over the <div> that contains the map. HOORAH!!!! :ugeek:

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:04 pm

I've started working on an "Events" feature, and would like all your input. (I'll try to get this feature and the previously mentioned mousewheel fix put on the Demo board today).

My thoughts are now to add a Phoogle Events section to the ACP, which will allow Admins to add markers for events (Event 'Group' markers can be toggled on/off - see screenshot). These events will use a different set of markers to distinguish between events and users.

I'd like to add start and end dates for the event which will control when to start/stop showing the event on the map.

Ideas for this feature? :geek:

Geisthund

Post by Geisthund » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Love the idea of being able to add events but would it be possible to allow usergroup permissions rather than just admin.
This Admin just hasn't the time.

Cheers
Gareth

Tom Keels

Post by Tom Keels » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Geisthund wrote:Love the idea of being able to add events but would it be possible to allow usergroup permissions rather than just admin.

Cheers
Gareth
Agreed. Also, before getting too far ahead, can you just get the users and userprofile stuff released, then start building on the mods? A lot of us are anxious for this mod.

Also, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but is there a default location to center the map on, and for that matter a default zoom setting? Most of my users are in the SE USA and I would love to have the map centered on that area at maybe a 25% zoom.

Thanks.

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Geisthund wrote:Love the idea of being able to add events but would it be possible to allow usergroup permissions rather than just admin.

Cheers
Gareth
You mean so Moderators or some other group can add events? Yeah, that could be done. I'll need to figure out where to put it, maybe in the UCP with some user auth checking to control visiblity of it.
Tom Keels wrote: Agreed. Also, before getting too far ahead, can you just get the users and userprofile stuff released, then start building on the mods? A lot of us are anxious for this mod.
Keep in mind this is an early development-stage MOD, and is not recommended for live boards. But I suppose I could focus more on the basics and get something released.
Tom Keels wrote: Also, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but is there a default location to center the map on, and for that matter a default zoom setting? Most of my users are in the SE USA and I would love to have the map centered on that area at maybe a 25% zoom.

Thanks.
Yes, you can set the map center and zoom level in the ACP. You can check out the available config options on the Demo board's ACP (displays, but doesn't function). Read the (only) post there for ACP login info.

BassFace

Beta Tester Needed

Post by BassFace » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:17 pm

I need a brave soul to try to install this MOD and report how it goes. I've just completed the MODX install file, and will be packaging it up here shortly. :o

I would request the person NOT try to install this on a live board yet, as I'm not even sure the install file is 100% complete or accurate (sql statements, file edits, etc.). If you have a test server at home or a 'sand-box' installation where you test things, that would be ideal. I'd prefer if the phpBB3 installation you tried this on didn't have any other MODs installed (a virgin install), as other MODs may confuse things if problems arise.

I can almost guarantee that it won't work the first time around, lol. That's just the way this process seems to work, no matter how accurate I think the install package is. :roll:

Send me a PM if you would like to try it out and help me get the install procedure worked out. Thanks!!!! :D

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Hey BF, pm sent. Quick question; noticed your demo site is still having issues with the scroll zoom still, figured that out yet?
-Sammy

mconheady

Post by mconheady » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:00 pm

this mod has gotten me excited. Just wta I was lookign for. the Events thing will make it Killer!

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Sammy Sandbag wrote:Hey BF, pm sent. Quick question; noticed your demo site is still having issues with the scroll zoom still, figured that out yet?
Roger that! Just haven't uploaded the new files yet. :D

moustafamin

Post by moustafamin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:25 am

BassFace wrote:I've started working on an "Events" feature, and would like all your input. (I'll try to get this feature and the previously mentioned mousewheel fix put on the Demo board today).

My thoughts are now to add a Phoogle Events section to the ACP, which will allow Admins to add markers for events (Event 'Group' markers can be toggled on/off - see screenshot). These events will use a different set of markers to distinguish between events and users.

I'd like to add start and end dates for the event which will control when to start/stop showing the event on the map.

Ideas for this feature? :geek:
I suggest that the admin have the permission to let users add markers for events as well

Xabi

Post by Xabi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:28 am

I suggest a feature that would covert phpBB3 in a really "social networking" system: a way to input country and region for each user, with dependant dropdown menus. Then, using Phoogle, you could filter all the users from Finland, USA, Australia... and show them on the map.

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:37 am

Thanks to the guys who volunteered to help test the install and mod. 8-) I really appreciate it. Hopefully this will speed up the release process and make a better MOD for everyone.

As another cool map feature, check this out: Load a web page (URL must be in same domain) into the map bubble. Dynamic loading, meaning nothing gets loaded until the bubble gets maximized. Too coool!!!! (I'm thinking of this for the Events feature, not the User feature).
http://bassface3d.com/uploads/demo/demo.html

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:06 pm

BassFace wrote:Dynamic loading, meaning nothing gets loaded until the bubble gets maximized. Too coool!!!! (I'm thinking of this for the Events feature, not the User feature).
http://bassface3d.com/uploads/demo/demo.html
That is a pretty cool feature, I can think of some uses outside of "events." For example, it could be used a location information. You could have a marker of a stadium, expand the bubble and get ticketing information, schedules, photos, etc etc.
-Sammy

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”