[ABD]Ajax Shoutbox 1.2.x

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Mysteron71

Re: [BETA]Ajax Shoutbox 1.1.x

Post by Mysteron71 »

Thanks for checking Paul ... I just edited the file as you said and I still have nothing showing on the forum index :oops: really sorry about being repetitive, I fear I may be jinxed :P
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Purge the cache in ACP.
Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 »

Ok I purged the cache and now have a shoutbox which is a start 8-)

On the aerogreen template, the shoutbox is located at the very bottom of the forum
(Is it easy to put the shoutbox at the top of the forum?)and the not in its own section and more like its connected to the who is online frame .. here's a pic of what I see

But when I change the skin and use the prosilver template I have this error ..
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/prosilver/template/shout_body.html does not exist or is empty
Nearly there mate .. Thanks heaps for your help :tup
Cheers
Ron.
Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 »

Ok I must have missed putting the shout_body.html file in the prosilver folder and I just done that now and the shoutbox is working in perfect order on the prosilver template 8-) you have been a brilliant help and appreciate all your effort ;)

I would love the shoutbox to have the same solid shape and posts all below each other on the aerogreen skin but if it is out of probability then thats fair enough I will delete the aerogreen and aeroblue templates which are not as important to me as having a cool shoutbox .. but if you ever come across a possible fix I will be very interested.

Now all I need is to put the shoutbox on the top of the page and I will be done 8-) Thanks again matey! your a lifesaver :tup:
Paul

Post by Paul »

To fix that in your other style you will need to use the subsilver2.xml file for that template, as it requires some more css ;).
Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 »

Ok I read through all 16 pages in depth and saw the fix for the aero templates posted already and now the shouts are nicely aligned in the shoutbox 8-) but I still have the shoutbox with no top border on the aero templates as if it is part of the who is online section?
I also looked for a fix to get the shoutbox to be positioned at the top of the index page instead of the bottom and it looks like nobody has requested it yet, I guess it will be a quick fix and I will bother you no more my friend .. is it a possibility? :mrgreen:
Cheers once again
Ron.
ErDrRon

Post by ErDrRon »

I was having trouble with this MOD not displaying correctly on Mozilla and Opera and occasionally not displaying correctly on IE and therefore elected to uninstall this MOD and use the other Ajax Shout MOD version 0.0.10 written by Paul (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... ajax+shout). I uninstalled the previous MOD but cannot get the Stable version to show on the forum. In addition, I get an error in the ACP as follows:
Warning
Your version of ajax shoutbox is not up to date. Your version is 1.1.0, the newest version is 1.1.1. Read this for more information
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ron
ErDrRon (Yes, I really am an ER Doc) ;-)

Author of the Admin Voting, Retroactive Signature and Edit Post Date MODs. [Unofficial MODs, of course]
Visit my phpBB Support Forum with over 90 installed MODs.
Get inexpensive yet great webhosting at PokedYou.com.
Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 »

Ok I'm all done here and the shoutbox is working nicely and I also got it on the top of my index page at last, Big Thanks Paul for all your help it was all appreciated and i respect your patience with so many queries 8-)

I had similar problems with the shoutbox not displaying when I added files when testing but the tip Paul gave about Purging the cache via the admin control panel worked everytime I found it had disappeared ;)

Thanks for a great mod Paul
Regards
Ron.
easwee

Post by easwee »

It works ok all in all but I found one error in the install.xml file (not sure if i'm right tough):
#

Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php

#

Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
While installing the folders you get in root/language/en/ are mods and acp by default. There is no acp folder inside mods.

Otherwise nicely done shoutbox.

P.S.: I have one more question that I don't really know how to deal with. On my board I get the word cron at the bottom of the page. You can check that here: http://forum.easwee.net/

The word appeared after installing the shoutbox.

Any idea why would that display?
BizimPencere

Post by BizimPencere »

After update 1.1.0 to 1.1.1

I have this eerror

JavaScript Error... \nERROR:Falsche Anzahl an Argumenten oder ungültige Eigenschaftszuweisung

ENGLISH

JavaScript Error... \nERROR:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment

edit : This problem is only by IE

With mozilla is alles ok...

IE is problem.
www.phpbbturkiye.net | Turkish phpBB3 support and development
aryadna

Post by aryadna »

Thank you for the shoutbox update, Paul. Although my two inquiries were completely ignored in this topic, the update and new js.php fixed everything and I will be out of your hair now. It really is a great shoutbox. Keep up the good work.
BizimPencere

Post by BizimPencere »

aryadna have you none javaskript problems after updates 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 with IE`???

With demo board on paul

http://www.paulscripts.nl/phpBB3/

SEEE THIS PIC

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7818 ... reeat7.jpg
*Slycom*

Post by *Slycom* »

Hello.

After the update i get the folowing error:
There has been a JavaScript error. \nError:Falsche Anzahl an Argumenten oder ungültige Eigenschaftszuweisung

This is only on IE7. at Firefox it works great.

What is that?

Sly ;)
Last edited by *Slycom* on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BizimPencere

Post by BizimPencere »

*Slycom* wrote:Hello.

There has been a JavaScript error. \nError:Falsche Anzahl an Argumenten oder ungültige Eigenschaftszuweisung

This is only on IE. at Firefox it works great.

What is that?

Sly ;)
I have this error (leider)

I'M Waiting PAUL.

For fix it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

easwee wrote:It works ok all in all but I found one error in the install.xml file (not sure if i'm right tough):
#

Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php

#

Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
While installing the folders you get in root/language/en/ are mods and acp by default. There is no acp folder inside mods.

Otherwise nicely done shoutbox.

P.S.: I have one more question that I don't really know how to deal with. On my board I get the word cron at the bottom of the page. You can check that here: http://forum.easwee.net/

The word appeared after installing the shoutbox.

Any idea why would that display?
You didnt edit cron.php correctly: http://forum.easwee.net/cron.php
BizimPencere wrote:
*Slycom* wrote:Hello.

This is only on IE. at Firefox it works great.

What is that?

Sly ;)
I have this error (leider)

I'M Waiting PAUL.

For fix it.
I suggest you start being patient, not everyone is always online. and it also helps if you give a english translatio of errors.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”