[ABD]Ajax Shoutbox 1.2.x

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
br3nd4n

Re: [RC1]Ajax Shoutbox 1.2.x

Post by br3nd4n »

¡Shocker! wrote:
br3nd4n wrote:For the people who want it in overall_header.html (This means that it will show the shout EVERYWHERE on the forum. )

Step 1
Open : overall_header.html
put this line where you want : <!-- INCLUDE shout_body.html -->

Step 2
Showing the shoutbox in VIEWFORUM.PHP

Open : viewforum.php (find it in your root)
Find this line : $user->setup('viewforum', $forum_data['forum_style']);
After ADD : if (!function_exists('as_display'))
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_shoutbox.' . $phpEx);
}
as_display();

Step 3
Showing it in VIEWTOPIC.PHP

Open : viewtopic.php (find it in your root)
Find this line : $user->setup('viewtopic', $topic_data['forum_style']);
{
}
as_display();

Step 4 (if you dont want it to show in posting a new topic then dont do this ) POSTING.PHP
Showing it in POSTING.PHP

Open : Posting.php
Find this line : $user->setup(array('posting', 'mcp', 'viewtopic'), $post_data['forum_style']);
{
}
as_display();

If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

Greetz.
Brendan.
YESSSS!!!! that was the thing to make the shoutbox on the portal work :)
Great, no problemz :mrgreen:

h32Lg

Post by h32Lg »

h32Lg wrote:Hi,

i tried to install the Shoutbox on Vista styled Forum: http://www.deepworld.org/forum
but it's not working. the text is not made up correctly. so i tried to include the shoutbox into the overall_footer.html and set the width=1244px. but it's not working, too!

greets h32Lg 8)

EDIT:

But, whats the problem with this one? Is my Forum to small for this Shotbox? :roll:

greets h32Lg 8)

EDIT:
mh, not to small, but the text ist not represented correctly.

h32Lg

Post by h32Lg »

Hi again,

i've made a new screenshot here

this is with firefox and firebug, but in IE the text is displayed over the above text :roll:

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

I'm going to be working on this mod tonight, but I have a question about the following.
You can place this shoutbox eveywhere on the forum, the only thing you has to do is editing the correct html file, with the changes that are normally done for index_body.html.
I actually would like the shoutbox to not be on the index page. How do I find, in my template, the name of the actual forum I DO want it on? I'm still learning the jargo on that folder and I dont see the actual name of the forum in that list.

Thanks so much.

br3nd4n

Post by br3nd4n »

stuckinlimbo wrote:I'm going to be working on this mod tonight, but I have a question about the following.
You can place this shoutbox eveywhere on the forum, the only thing you has to do is editing the correct html file, with the changes that are normally done for index_body.html.
I actually would like the shoutbox to not be on the index page. How do I find, in my template, the name of the actual forum I DO want it on? I'm still learning the jargo on that folder and I dont see the actual name of the forum in that list.

Thanks so much.
Where do you want it to display? :)

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

I have an entertainment forum and I'd like to put it inside that forum instead of the index page. I'd also like it to be at the bottom of the page. Is that possible?

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

Do I need to do the upgrade/update instructions if I am using the 1.2.RC download version? or will that version have everything I need?

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

:oops: Apparently I have more problems that I realized.

Copy: root/install/functions.php
To: install/functions.php

Copy: root/install/index.php
To: install/index.php
I dont have an install folder in the root directory, so I put those files in the root folder alone. When I run from the browser the index.php file, it doesn't do anything except go to my index page. No annotation of whether or not the mod was installed. And I dont know what to do with the functions.php file?
Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php

Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
Again, I dont have those exact folders. Here's what I have.

In the mod folder:
\ajax_shout_12RC1\root\language\en\mods then it immediately goes to the php files. there is not acp/mods folder going this route. So I went thru the route of:

/phpBB3/language/en/mods/

I have some other stuff but i feel like I'm bombarding this thread. I know I'm not supposed to approach anyone by pm, but am I allowed to request for someone to contact me to walk me thru this process? :oops:

thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

stuckinlimbo wrote::oops: Apparently I have more problems that I realized.

I dont have an install folder in the root directory, so I put those files in the root folder alone. When I run from the browser the index.php file, it doesn't do anything except go to my index page. No annotation of whether or not the mod was installed. And I dont know what to do with the functions.php file?
Hi,

first of all "root" is your phpbb's root-folder, the one with "config.php" in it.

So all folders of mods are below the root.

You will have to copy as stated in install.xml:

For example

you copy (ftp) the mod's install-folder including its files to your server to the phpbb-root-folder.

Let's assume your phpbb-root is named "phpbb3" so the folder-structure on your server is now

phpbb3/install/index.php
stuckinlimbo wrote:
Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php

Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
Again, I dont have those exact folders. Here's what I have.

In the mod folder:
\ajax_shout_12RC1\root\language\en\mods then it immediately goes to the php files. there is not acp/mods folder going this route. So I went thru the route of:

/phpBB3/language/en/mods/
You do not copy the \ajax_shout_12RC1-folder to your server, you only will have to copy files and folders from "root" and below so copying

from root/language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php

to /phpBB3/language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php

was correct.
Best Regards

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

When the XML error won't be showing? well it can show but why it blocks typing ? Is there a way to show the error but let people type new messages at least?

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

thomas.d wrote:you copy (ftp) the mod's install-folder including its files to your server to the phpbb-root-folder.

Let's assume your phpbb-root is named "phpbb3" so the folder-structure on your server is now

phpbb3/install/index.php
Ok, I understand this part. I was just copying the files, not the whole folder.
thomas.d wrote:from root/language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php

to /phpBB3/language/en/mods/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php

was correct.
I do not have an mods/acp folder in either the download nor my ftp. It stops at the mods folder.

ajax_shout_12RC1\root\language\en\mods is the string in the download folder. I have a separate acp folder which has the shoutbox.php file. But in the mods folder are the info_acp_ajax_shoutbox.php and shout.php files.

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

I'm clearly doing something wrong. :(

I do not have the exact paths that are listed in the instructions. I've included captures of how my ftp looks and where I put the files. Notice that I do not have a language/en/mods/acp/mods folder like the directions are saying I should. I only have a language/en/acp/ folder and a language/en/mods folder. So am I supposed to create en/mods/acp/mods folder?

and after putting them where I thought they should, I ran the install/index.php in my browser and it said the following:

What am I doing wrong? I do not seen anywhere in the acp that I have done this correctly so I am really lost and this is the 3rd time I've tried to do this.

thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

stuckinlimbo wrote:...
I do not have the exact paths that are listed in the instructions. ... So am I supposed to create en/mods/acp/mods folder?
Yes.

My structure is as follows (and works):

/root/language/en/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php
/root/language/en/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
/root/language/en/mods/info_acp_ajax_shoutbox.php

... plus all the rest of course ...

(I don't know why Paul has completely messed up the structure as his mod is the only one (I know) that is using its own "mods"-folder beyond the "acp"-folder ...)

phpBB is not accessible anymore (except the ACP) when an install-folder is present. So after running the MOD's install-script you must delete the install-folder from your server in order to run the board as usual.
Best Regards

Thomas

ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

stuckinlimbo

Post by stuckinlimbo »

First, thx for trying to help me understand. :)
thomas.d wrote:/root/language/en/acp/mods/ajax_shoutbox.php
I dont have a language/en/acp/mods folder. My folder stops at language/en/acp. The ajax_shoutbox.php and the shout.php files are in language/en/mods.

So when I ran the install/index.php file, it was supposed to say what it did? I already took it out so I could access my site but I never got confirm that it was installed. usually I get soemthing like "the mod has been installed."

So after I run the install, where in the acp do I go to make it active so I can set the permission. There isnt anything in the admin roles portion of the permission settings.

thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

Ok, my folder structure is as I wrote before ... (but I must admit, that I the 1.2RC1-Version of the MOD).

The setting are under the MODS-Tab in the ACP (I mean it's the ".MOD"-tab on english boards ...)
Best Regards

Thomas

ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”