[ABD] (Topic &) Post Rating System (with Karma module)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
phpDummie

Re: [ALPHA] (Topic &) Post Rating System (with Karma module)

Post by phpDummie »

tupeu wrote:YOU ARE WORNG ! - you must activate the account by e-mail !~
Are you talking about http://prs.kruijff.org/demo ?
Or are you talking about http://prs.kruijff.org/forum ?
tupeu

Post by tupeu »

I`m talking about the forum because he said to write my errors in his forum...
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

tupeu wrote:I`m talking about the forum because he said to write my errors in his forum...
Well, there is more than one.
I don't see anyone not activated on either one.
Try registering again.
tupeu

Post by tupeu »

phpDummie wrote: I don't see anyone not activated on either one.
how are you able to check if everybody is activated, do you have acces to his database?

i`m running a forum, and have registered on over 100 forums untill now so believe me i know how to register and how to activate...wtf :roll:

i`ve done it 3 times with 3 diffrent e-mail and of course 3 diffrent usernames and it says i gotta activate my account by e-mail but i don`t get the email

one of my email adress is with yahoo, the other 2 are from my hosting account

anyway i think i`m going to unninstall it ~
Last edited by tupeu on Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toasterthegamer

Post by toasterthegamer »

Since theres no support I am going to uninstall as well. I cant get it to work and the system has problems, it seems as if nothing is being done about it.

-Toaster
effco

Post by effco »

Guys, before saying "it doesnt work" try to install it with premodded files on a fresh phpBB3.

I have it installed on www.lexcel.be/forums and it works without any issue.
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

It seem my forum has problems with sending e-mail. I disabled the e-mail checking function for now, and activated the accounts manually.

Guys,

I have put a lot of work in this mod and still do. You have the option free of charge to use it. The high demand for support is giving me a full time volunteer job. And at time this feel very ungrateful work.

I see some people complain when they don't get my personal attention and start blaming the mod (and there for me and my work) rather then them selfs. These complains don't contribute anything because they don't included fixes, idea's or just simply the information needed to diagnose, not even for the simple question if the board owner did something wrong or it is a problem with my mod. This means I would have to install my mod for them. Well I can't answer that demand.

I can tell you that I have installed this mod (0.4) on to a fresh installed phpBB forum without experience problems like not being able to see the stars. I like to make the mod as easy to install but don't know what else I could do on this field.

What I can do is answer genuine bugreports (on my form to make it easier) and incorporate fixes and idea's of others. Everyone is free to contributed in one way or another. If somebody want to maintain a FAQ that there I'm more than willing to provide this option on my site. For support you have relay on other users or just simply your own abilty to work out your problems.

I'm really overworked here. Either use my mod or don't, but don't bitch about it.
toasterthegamer wrote:Thu 12 Jun 2008 5:59
toasterthegamer wrote:Thu 12 Jun 2008 19:26
Since theres no support I am going to uninstall as well. I cant get it to work and the system has problems, it seems as if nothing is being done about it.
Not even 24 hours, how selfish of you. :evil:
My abandoned (for own reference). mod: Post Rating System (website | screenshots | demo | support)
toasterthegamer

The readme is crap all it does it list files doesn't have any step by step instructions like where to start or what .xml file to install first or anything on debugging problems. There is no true documentation and to top it off it takes a million and one things to get it installed. :P I don't have time to waste on stuff like this.

-Toaster
effco

Post by effco »

Having a brain helps as well to be able to open and read the install.xml file at the root...
toasterthegamer

Helps to have the brains that I mentioned those xml files in my post. The xml files offer no real help there all the same text wise its just a mods excuse to use a mod maker instead of writing out documentation.

Of course what do I know I am just stupid and I have no idea what I am talking about. Anyways I wont bug this forum anymore as the person who made the mod has the right to post it here.

-Toaster
tupeu

Post by tupeu »

effco wrote:Guys, before saying "it doesnt work" try to install it with premodded files on a fresh phpBB3.

I have it installed on http://xxx.be/forums and it works without any issue.

We didn`t say it doesn`t work, just that it doesn`t work for us, on our configurations !
Comprende?

And i cannot, it has no sense, etc....i have forums with over 10 mods already installed on it so i can`t use the premodded files...

Alfatrion, i respect your work but i think this mod got too complicated and there are too many places from where errors can occur...i don`t know what is karma and madpoints and what are they for, do people really need karma and madpoints?

I just wanted a topic rating mod ! with 10 stars and easy install and nice looking but it seems it`s too much too ask these days
There are 2 other Topic Rating Mods for phpBB3 and 1 Posts Rating Mod and this one but the other 2 are missing development so the choice is hard to take

:geek: :roll:
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

tupeu wrote:...
I just wanted a topic rating mod ! with 10 stars and easy install and nice looking but it seems it`s too much too ask these days...
Let me explain something for you.

When a piece of free software doesn't offer exactly the features you want you have the folowing options:
1. modify it yourself
2. if you can't modify it yourself, find someone to do that for you
3. ask the original author for the features nicely

As you see, bitching and moaning about what is and what is not too much to ask for from a very busy and dedicated person is not on the list of your options.
tupeu

Post by tupeu »

phpDummie wrote:lots of bullsh*t
I respect everyone`s work, but that doesn`t mean i don`t desire better and faster development, we take what we can get cause it`s free~

But i really don`t nee your life lessons so go away pls ! :?
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

tupeu wrote:
phpDummie wrote:lots of bullsh*t
I respect everyone`s work, but that doesn`t mean i don`t desire better and faster development, we take what we can get cause it`s free~

But i really don`t nee your life lessons so go away pls ! :?
good luck getting support with that attitude.
fwc

Post by fwc »

I think the download link is down

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”