[ABD] (Topic &) Post Rating System (with Karma module)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
effco

Re: [ALPHA] (Topic &) Post Rating System (with Karma module)

Post by effco »

phpDummie wrote:When a piece of free software doesn't offer exactly the features you want you have the folowing options:
1. modify it yourself
2. if you can't modify it yourself, find someone to do that for you
3. ask the original author for the features nicely

As you see, bitching and moaning about what is and what is not too much to ask for from a very busy and dedicated person is not on the list of your options.
+1
Alighieri

Post by Alighieri »

Can I please get the SQL to add and alter the correct tables?
fidell

Post by fidell »

fwc wrote:I think the download link is down
I cannot download. empty page comes up.
hope it's only temporary, cause I really want this awesome mod!

Edit: oops found it here: http://prs.kruijff.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46
fidell

Post by fidell »

when i click stats i get this:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prs/functions_prs_admin.php on line 203: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prs/functions_prs_admin.php on line 203: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)

and update:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_prs.php on line 230: fopen(./../styles/abbcode/template/overall_footer.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_prs.php on line 231: filesize(): Stat failed for ./../styles/abbcode/template/overall_footer.html (errno=2 - No such file or directory)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_prs.php on line 231: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_prs.php on line 232: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)

I couldn't get prs to work.
Im still looking through the code, and not sure if I understand how to install on subsilver based board.
Gosford

Post by Gosford »

I tried to install this mod several times.
Finally after running: install/index.php I receive only information: INSTALL to 0.4.0
I can also see in admin log that mod was installed but I can't see any new configuration
page in acp. Of course I did all required changes in files.

Could you please advise what I'm doing wrong.

Forum ver. 3.0.1
Mod ver. 0.4.0
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

Bugs can be reported on my website.
Gosford wrote:I tried to install this mod several times.
Finally after running: install/index.php I receive only information: INSTALL to 0.4.0
I can also see in admin log that mod was installed but I can't see any new configuration
page in acp. Of course I did all required changes in files.

Could you please advise what I'm doing wrong.

Forum ver. 3.0.1
Mod ver. 0.4.0
The scrip run without errors if you see "INSTALL to 0.4.0". I assume you copied the files, so you should be able to see the pages. Could you try refreshing the template files and clearing the cache. I like to know which one is the colprit.
tupeu wrote:Alfatrion, i respect your work but i think this mod got too complicated and there are too many places from where errors can occur...i don`t know what is karma and madpoints and what are they for, do people really need karma and modpoints?
The code is in alpha state. I'm still in the middle of testing it my self. All bug reports are more welcome, since i can miss stuff.

The mod comes with modules that can be disabled. A disabled module doesn't cause bugs to show. If you have problem just report the bug and disable the modules. Or you could simply disable the entaire mod.

The extra options makes it harder for me to test it, but these are existed because users requested them. I plan permissions for 1.2 so this can be on a forum basis and automated test.

What the modules do you can read in the first post and a more detailed explanation is in the ACP pages.
My abandoned (for own reference). mod: Post Rating System (website | screenshots | demo | support)
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

The server is offline for a unknown time due to a technical problem.
Alighieri wrote:Can I please get the SQL to add and alter the correct tables?
This happen with the install.php. The SQL is hidden in the include/acp/info/acp_prs.php.
My abandoned (for own reference). mod: Post Rating System (website | screenshots | demo | support)
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

Where back on line.
Gosford

Post by Gosford »

refreshing the template files and clearing the cache.
Above method helped to finally see new module in ACP.
During first steps of testing I found problem in file: functions_prs_basis.php

$sql = 'SELECT topic_id
FROM ' . TOPICS_TABLE . '
WHERE t.topic_first_post_id = ' . $post_id;

In above code there is no t prefix defined.
t. should be removed.
amazingahmed

Post by amazingahmed »

Thanks for this wonderful MOD. I installed it and it works great.
I have a question: How can I change the labels of the stars (e.g. "Funny, Creative")?
I also don't see the topic rating in subsilver style.

Thanks again :D
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

amazingahmed wrote:...I have a question: How can I change the labels of the stars (e.g. "Funny, Creative")?
I also don't see the topic rating in subsilver style.
Open /lanuage/en/mods/prs.php
Find 'PRS_STAR1_EXPLAIN' (line 48)
Change explanations in lines 48, 50, 52, 54, 56 to whatever you want.

For subSilver style, look for install-subsilver.xml in contrib folder.
BeautyGal

Post by BeautyGal »

Hi - I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare posts_ratings_stat_variables_cmd() (previously declared in /home/content/d/a/s/dashau1/html/includes/prs/functions_prs_compat.php:43) in /home/content/d/a/s/dashau1/html/includes/functions_posts_ratings.php on line 257
and this error:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'beautyg.POSTS_RATINGS_VOTES_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
What did i do wrong?
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

BeautyGal wrote:Hi - I get this error:
Did you try to update to 0.4.0 and now get this problem?
BeautyGal

Post by BeautyGal »

yes - after the new update - i get that problem -- :cry:
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

You need to follow the update instructions to the letter. You likely didn't do it all. Did you work through all three xml files? In addition to that:
  1. Find all files with the name posts_ratings in them.
  2. Throw them all away. The copy the files from the zip file again to be on the safe side.
Consider implementing changes not directly on you production directory but create a working directory. Ones it works there then you can copy the files to your production directory.

P.S. Don't remove the trace of error messages.
Last edited by Alfatrion on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”