Page 19 of 36

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:43 pm
by BeautyGal
BeautyGal wrote:
BeautyGal wrote:I get this error after the update:

<SNIP>

But how do you fix this specific problem?
Find the end of the file and remove the trailing newline.[/quote]

Ok thanks, ;)

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:01 pm
by Alfatrion
Would you please trim the quote a little bit?

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:52 pm
by BeautyGal
Alfatrion wrote:Maniii already did this.
Maniii wrote:And new problem, rate's first post don't true :

Image
Shoot, I missed that one.
Wait Im having this problem too... what's the fix or did I miss it?



PS- I want to know how i can restrict the post ratings to certain forums?
- How can I allow users to change their vote - but they can only vote once per topic?

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:08 pm
by Alfatrion
Wait Im having this problem too... what's the fix or did I miss it?
I'm working on a fix.
I want to know how i can restrict the post ratings to certain forums?
This is not possible at this time.
How can I allow users to change their vote, but they can only vote once per topic?
Though the ACP.

Can users only vote on the first post in a topic? Yes
Can users only vote ones on each post? No

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:09 pm
by grawat
Ok, so I did install this mod on a fresh install of phpbb 3.0.1 and it seems to be working fine (doesn't work with the style I had earlier but works well with prosilver). I just noticed one problem though, I have set

Topic rating based on? Average posts

And I have two posts and I rated them 5 and 1. But, the topic rating shows rating as 1. I tried 5 and 3 and it shows 3. It seems that it doesn't take into account the rating for the first post, shouldn't it do that ?

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:20 am
by Alfatrion
The average should include all ratings of posts that are closed for voting.

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:35 am
by daryl
Nice mod, good job bro!
In your mod demo index page, I saw the stars placed before poster name. Can we move the stars position to the right, exactly after the topic's posting clock?

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:05 am
by funnerly
a question:

Can I have several rating lines on the same post?
Ie, can i have several sets of stars?

1 set for 'quality of post'
1 set for 'length of post'

etc.


and can these votes be done by/visible only to admins?

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:13 am
by sharathu7
thanks but getting an error saying

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/posts_ratings.php:125)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/posts_ratings.php:125)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/posts_ratings.php:125)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/posts_ratings.php:125)

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:30 pm
by RickieIzfazt
sharathu7 wrote:thanks but getting an error saying

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/posts_ratings.php:125)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/posts_ratings.php:125)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/posts_ratings.php:125)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/posts_ratings.php:125)
remove last two blank lines from postratings.php that solves the problem, there can be no lines after ?>

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:15 pm
by sharathu7
thanks i will check it out and let u know....

Edit : Cooool :o ! its working now great ... thanks a lot.... :D

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:44 am
by Alfatrion
daryl wrote:In your mod demo index page, I saw the stars placed before poster name. Can we move the stars position to the right, exactly after the topic's posting clock?
Yes, you need to edit the template files. Knowing HTML and CSS helps.
funnerly wrote:Can I have several rating lines on the same post?
Ie, can i have several sets of stars?
and can these votes be done by/visible only to admins?
No and no.

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:50 am
by tupeu
it would be great to have a 10 stars rating !
can you do that ?

what are the new features from your next release?

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:31 am
by Alfatrion
No. That depend on what the users bring in. There is a idea box on the demo forum.

Re: [DEV]Post Rating System

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:55 am
by Alfatrion
Version 0.3.14 is released. Starting from now I record changes that can not be handled by copy the root in a file called UPDATEING.txt