[ABD] (Topic &) Post Rating System (with Karma module)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Alfatrion

Re: [BETA] Post Rating System

Post by Alfatrion »

I've looked in to "Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated", here is a fix:

Code: Select all

Open: includes/functions_posts_ratings.php
Search for: usort(&$data, 'posts_ratings_stat_variables_cmd');
Replace with: usort(&$data, 'posts_ratings_stat_variables_cmd');

Search for: if (is_voteround_open($row['post_id'], &$row))
Replate with: if (is_voteround_open($row['post_id'], $row))

Search for: $votable = is_voteround_open($post_id, &$row);
Replace with: $votable = is_voteround_open($post_id, $row);

Search for: &$row, &$dataset, $forum_id
Replace with: $row, $dataset, $forum_id

Search for: $row, &$dataset, $forum_id
Replace with: $row, $dataset, $forum_id
That should remove the pass-by reference warning. Or download 0.2.3 and simply replace the includes/functions_posts_ratings.php file.
Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in d:\appserv\www\gsz08\includes\functions_posts_ratings.php on line 503
I'm guessing that your using php 4.x.y and that the problem lies in th default value for a reference (php4 doesn't allow for this wile php5 does) within the function definition that exist on that line in the 0.2.2 version. Please go to line 503 and replace &$row = null with $row = null. Or download 0.2.3 and simply replace the includes/functions_posts_ratings.php file.
My abandoned (for own reference). mod: Post Rating System (website | screenshots | demo | support)
notsa

Post by notsa »

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in D:\localhost\fusionddl\viewforum.php on line 602
Thats my latest error and i an on the latest version of php. I think you should change the topic to [DEV] and create a good and tested install file bro. Thats the best advice i can give right now sorry.

Instal easyphp and create a localhost then install a fresh gold release then try to install this mod using the install file you have then find and locate all your error.

This is a really cool mod but, no disrespect, this isn't ready for a release in my opinion. ;)
Alfatrion

Re: [DEV] Post Rating System

Post by Alfatrion »

None taken. I value your feedback. I started out with just wanted to release a version with the bare minium. And add more features later on. I feel the core is ready for a wider audience. But I ended up adding enriching features.

I'm not going to use easyphp, I already have a server with apache 2, MySQL 5 and PHP 5 installed. Version differences may be a problem and I can't run different versions next to each other.
This is a really cool mod but, no disrespect, this isn't ready for a release in my opinion. ;)
When a mod is ready for release then it should be called RC.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_r ... cycle#Beta
A beta version is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black/grey-box testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release. Beta level software generally includes all features, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.

The term release candidate refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and no known showstopper-class bugs. At this phase the product is usually code complete.
My abandoned (for own reference). mod: Post Rating System (website | screenshots | demo | support)
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

iyeru42 wrote:Are there other rating systems?
Ratings For Topics

Just to clarify.
^[GS]^

Post by ^[GS]^ »

Forgiveness :oops: , now I have another problem when attempting to view the forums or respond to a topic:

Error General
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT topic_id, topic_first_post_id FROM foro_topics WHERE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posts_ratings.php
LINE: 785
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: viewforum.php
LINE: 509
CALL: posts_ratings_fetch_votes_topics()
Thanx :)
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

^[GS]^ wrote:Forgiveness :oops: , now I have another problem when attempting to view the forums or respond to a topic:

Error General
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT topic_id, topic_first_post_id FROM foro_topics WHERE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posts_ratings.php
LINE: 785
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: viewforum.php
LINE: 509
CALL: posts_ratings_fetch_votes_topics()
Thanx :)
Let's see the query. Errors don't mean anything without it.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
^[GS]^

Post by ^[GS]^ »

The error, which always want to go to a forum.
But let me read the topics and return to the index.

Thanks ^ ^
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

Please do the folowing to fix this:
OPEN viewforum.php
Search and replace "topic_lists" with "topic_list"

OPEN search.php
Search and replace "topic_lists" with "topic_list"
^[GS]^

Post by ^[GS]^ »

Thanks, this correction is fix:)
Now the only thing I want is that support style subsilver2:)
I already did the translations into Spanish for this mod (but when you have support style subsilver2 xD)

Thanks ^ ^
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

I can't give you a date. I intent to support subsilver2 when I feel the template isn't going to chance much. I just updated to 0.3.0 with edits on the moderator pages and lot of user request features that make this mod more flexible. This version feels fairly complete at least for as far as the templates are concerned.

I'd be happy to include any translations that you wish to share.
ipollesion

Post by ipollesion »

Thank you so much Alfatrion, you have done a great job. I will be using your mod for my live board, I know I will love it now. You have satisfied my needs with it. Thank you so much once again. Also thank you for the dedication to your supporters, everyone out there I want you to know this is a really brilliant and amazing rating system, not just a simple MOD. I recommend it to everyone. Thank you Alfatrion. :)
^[GS]^

Post by ^[GS]^ »

Alfatrion wrote:I can't give you a date. I intent to support subsilver2 when I feel the template isn't going to chance much. I just updated to 0.3.0 with edits on the moderator pages and lot of user request features that make this mod more flexible. This version feels fairly complete at least for as far as the templates are concerned.

I'd be happy to include any translations that you wish to share.
That great appreciation on the part of ipollesion, I do not want to be outside ^ ^ so thank you for your hard work and dedication Alfatrion:)

We notice that you updated on the first post, with the 3.0 but not the link to download it ^ ^
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

Tank you.

Now I updated the download link to. I noticed in the source that I was forgotten to log the moderator actions. Also I have to figure out how to do this properbly. So this will be in a later version.

Let me know what your setting will be using. A small amount of data from the live forum would help me a long way in testing my mod. I would appreciate it if you would be willing to provide this. Its hard to test a couple of things without this.

Also If you find any bugs, please report them to me. I already found a couple and removed them a long the way. I'm also keen to know any other problems.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and certainly don't want to keep you from using this on your live forum, however keep in mind that this is not a release version jet. Its a chicken or the egg thing.
ipollesion

Post by ipollesion »

You can count on it, I'm going to be installing it tonight.
ipollesion

Post by ipollesion »

The installation file is not working properly for me when I view it either in Firefox or IE.

Example:

will post in a min.
Last edited by ipollesion on Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”