MOD Description : This MOD will keep track of the total forum page hits, as well as the individual pages data... (excluding the redirection and confirmation pages).
MOD Author : TheUniqueTiger
MOD Version : 0.1.0 (beta 1)
Compatible with : 3.0.0
Supported styles : Prosilver, Subsilver2
- Keep track of the total page hits, as well as individual pages (excluding of course, the redirection and confirmation pages).
- Keep track of the page hits by guests, members and bots.
- Also keep track of daily page hits for individual pages.
- Total page hits displayed in statistics on index page.
- Detailed individual page hits viewable in ACP.
- All the pagehits data for the current day is cached and written to the db only if date changes or if the cache was purged.
You can add additional pages to be tracked too... For example if you install a MOD that adds a basic page to phpBB3 in the root folder, then you can add it to be tracked too... Just requires one line edit.
As phpBB3 doesn't have pagehits tracking by default, your pagehits before the date you install the MOD will all be zero... so be sure to change a variable...
For the above two edits, I can give you the edit in a subsequent post.
Don't worry about the number of update queries since it executes only two queries only on the first page after midnight... If the cache was purged, then a few more queries one-time.
The detailed pagehits in the ACP was a bit challenging... I'll welcome anyone to point out any improvements in terms of speed and memory efficiency in includes/acp/acp_pagehits.php file.
This MOD creates a db table to store all the data in addition to adding a config variable for total pagehits.
1. Total page hits on index page
Demo: Not required... Please look at the above screenshot.
MOD Download: Download link
(Please download this new file if you had downloaded 0.1.0 file before 30-Dec-07 0730 UTC.)
Awaiting your feedback about the MOD and suggestions for any more features...
Check back this topic for updates as the development continues...!