[ABD] TUT Forum Page Hits 0.1.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mladen88

Re: [BETA] TUT Forum Page Hits 0.1.0

Post by mladen88 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:12 am

i think that all it's ok, but update delay is problem because when i installed after 1h i had 0 hits, than next day 3000 and in the same moment i see in admin panel 5000 hits. In this moment i have Total page hits 7268 on index page in admin panel 7516, admin panel and index panel must be the same i think, look for update delay, and i think everythink will be ok. :D

TheUniqueTiger

Post by TheUniqueTiger » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:38 am

I think the pagehits are not being updated from the cache for today's pagehits, but the admin page shows the updated pagehits including today's pagehits from the cache... Even though my installation is working fine, I think I must have made some mistake in the install instructions so its not working on your installations. Next version will definitely work.
You have only One Life... So before you are History, make sure you make it to the History books! - TheUniqueTiger

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:32 am

Still no good here, have left it installed for a couple of weeks and its still sitting on a big fat 0 :( So am hoping I have more luck with the newer version.

mladen88

Post by mladen88 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:24 am

for me works but update delay is to slow...10-20hours

TheUniqueTiger

Post by TheUniqueTiger » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:25 pm

I had some time yesterday so I went through the edits I have given for the version you have installed... Apparently all the install instructions are there itself and very little has changed or will be changed for the next version. I'll still make a new install file for the next version so that any mistakes are reviewed.
You have only One Life... So before you are History, make sure you make it to the History books! - TheUniqueTiger

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:12 am

Yeah this is wiered Installing huge mods with tons of editing etc with no issue.
Installing a hit mod easy edits fast install and nadda here also. page hits 0 on index and nothing in admin page :shock:
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

jatro

Post by jatro » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:08 pm

I cant download :(

samo body upload to http://rapidshare.com/

thx

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 pm

jatro wrote:I cant download :(

samo body upload to http://rapidshare.com/

thx
Why do you want a copy? The only version that was released was bugged and did not do what it was supposed to - so to request it is somewhat pointless until a newer version comes out.

TheUniqueTiger

Post by TheUniqueTiger » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:39 am

Yes the previous version was so-called buggy. But believe me, I couldn't find any errors in the code... May be I missed some install instructions... But wait, I completely re-did the install instructions but ended up having more or less the same install instructions as nothing much has changed in the newer version. I'll anyway release this soon before the Statistics RC, (as the Statistics RC will contain addon for this one!) but I hope it does what its intended to do.

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:35 pm

TheUniqueTiger wrote:I'll anyway release this soon before the Statistics RC, (as the Statistics RC will contain addon for this one!) but I hope it does what its intended to do.
Sounds good :)

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Yeah it was starting to tabulate hits but it was on a 48 hour basis or so lol. But I never did see anything in ACP for it or any thing like that. Just had a delay on displaying the hit count. Good mod at any rate, looking forward to stat and this.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:53 am

Ok i finaly re added this mod to the new live version and figured out why I never seen a page of stats :?
I had to add and enable the mod in the acp might want to add that to the DYI instructions :lol: Figured it out after all the other mods Ive been working testing / installing.

I am going to backtrack this htread now and see if I can find my next questions answered but if not here goes.
1. Can we configure unique pages in like I want chatroom.php and arcade.php etc allowed as counted pages.
2. Is there a way to create a page that users can view to show all the hits like the acp page or is that a future plan?
3. What's up with the delay time? Any fix on that to be instant instead of delayed?

Ok time to read the entire thread and Ill peek back here periodicaly to see what's what.

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:15 am

Ok I backtracked and had already done as I thought for adding my own pages. BUT heres where my dilema is.
I did already do

'viewonline' => 10,
'viewtopic' => 11,
'arcade' => 12,
'filebase' => 13,
'ranks' => 14,
'chatroom' => 15,

out of the above the only one that works is arcade. In my acp I got this for the hits after hitting each page to test it.

arcade Guest 0 0 0 0
Member 0 0 6 6
Bot 0 0 0 0
Total 0 0 6 6

filebase Guest 0 0 0
Member 0 0 0
Bot 0 0 0
Total 0 0 0

chatroom Guest 0 0 0
Member 0 0 0
Bot 0 0 0
Total 0 0 0

and so on for all pages added except for the arcade. any ideas? I am assuming maybe if the pages are not defined by standard templating it wont register? If this is true do you know where I can read about adding pages to the template defining locale to make them show up for your mod.

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:24 am

Still no ideas on this one I have tried a few things but the mod will not count the pages even added in a session start bit reccomended by another mod writter. Been almost a month since I asked. Sorry if you are busy just reallyu like the mod and would like it to count the extra pages I put in via my own custom pages or other mods.

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:58 am

issue was hosts :ugeek:
Last edited by ThunderCrew on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”