[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
blw911

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner)

Post by blw911 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:44 pm

I'd like to know if it's possible to add calendar icons as shown in the example? If so how and what code would I need to edit?

alightner

Post by alightner » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 pm

The ability to use different icons to represent different event types is already built into this calendar mod.

Look at the screenshots from the first post...

Next events on index - note different icons, and color coding for different event types:
http://phpbbcalendarmod.com/screenshots ... _index.jpg

ACP page to manage your event types:
http://phpbbcalendarmod.com/screenshots ... _types.jpg

ACP page to edit an event type (ie where you set the color and icon):
http://phpbbcalendarmod.com/screenshots ... t_type.jpg
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

blw911

Post by blw911 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks alightner, not sure how I missed that. :)

Is it possible to have those icons just display on the main forum index page, and NOT actually inside the calendar at all?

alightner

Post by alightner » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:16 pm

blw911 wrote:Is it possible to have those icons just display on the main forum index page, and NOT actually inside the calendar at all?
Of course - you just need to tweak the templates in your style so that the event images are removed from the pages where you want. You can't please everyone with the final appearance of any mod - that's why I fully expect people to tweak the style files as they see fit when installing this mod on their site.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

blw911

Post by blw911 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:02 pm

You can't please everyone with the final appearance of any mod - that's why I fully expect people to tweak the style files as they see fit when installing this mod on their site.
Completely understand.

I've got the view day and view event images removed, but can't figure out or know where to get the view week and view month event images/icons removed?

Bobbele1984

Post by Bobbele1984 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi there,

I've installed phpBB Calendar successfully and the event planer works perfectly. But some things just came to my attention:
  • How do I setup the calendar that on calendarpost.php 'EVENT_ACCESS_LEVEL_GROUP' is set by default instead of 'EVENT_ACCESS_LEVEL_PERSONAL' ? I don't see any option inside the ACP that might birng me to that purpose.
  • What changes do I need to do that 'ALL_DAY_CHECK' is unchecked by default? It seems to be hardcoded as well :|
  • I wanted to build in the calendar into the "board3 Portal". For this I changed inside {T_TEMPLATE_NAME}/portal/portal_body.html

Code: Select all

<!-- DEFINE $S_IN_PORTAL = 1 -->
    <!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
    <!-- INCLUDE portal/_block_config.html -->

<!--version $Id: portal_body.html 487 2009-03-23 17:45:47Z kevin74 $ //-->       
    to

<!-- DEFINE $S_IN_PORTAL = 1 -->
    <!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->
    <!-- INCLUDE portal/_block_config.html -->
    <!-- INCLUDE calendar.html -->
    <!--version $Id: portal_body.html 487 2009-03-23 17:45:47Z kevin74 $ //-->
    Unfortunately, this change made my browser nearly crashing as the calendar was now loaded and displayed for about 30(!) times :shock:
    I used Notepad++ and saved it as UTF-8 without BOM. What might I've done wrong?
All in all, I must say: This is a quite good mod. :)

One hint to the author: Please don't overdo it with Authors notes and descriptions: Not everybody wants to scroll down more than a page until the REALLY relevant instructions are shown. It should be considered that Wordpad, Frontpage etc. are for phpBB purposes totally useless - saying it diplomatically... ;)

P.S.: I understand that you're a busy person and maybe I'm getting you on your nerves with so many questions but one thing still remains: Will there be a further development stage reached soon? :mrgreen:

Morun

Post by Morun » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:23 am

Bobbele1984 wrote:One hint to the author: Please don't overdo it with Authors notes and descriptions: Not everybody wants to scroll down more than a page until the REALLY relevant instructions are shown. It should be considered that Wordpad, Frontpage etc. are for phpBB purposes totally useless - saying it diplomatically... ;)
Considering the many ever recurring questions in this thread which are mostly covered by the "author notes and descriptions" and which still alightner has to answer again and again - I really don't think it is any wrong that he wrote that much descriptions, it's selfprotection.. Problem is just, that too many people don't even try to read the instructions, and then wonder that they don't get the mod installed - even though it's clearly marked as a mod for experienced users. If someone doesnt feel like scrolling down - don't do the mod.

alightner

Post by alightner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:41 am

blw911 wrote:I've got the view day and view event images removed, but can't figure out or know where to get the view week and view month event images/icons removed?
It's in calendar.html
Bobbele1984 wrote:Hi there,

I've installed phpBB Calendar successfully and the event planer works perfectly. But some things just came to my attention:
  • How do I setup the calendar that on calendarpost.php 'EVENT_ACCESS_LEVEL_GROUP' is set by default instead of 'EVENT_ACCESS_LEVEL_PERSONAL' ? I don't see any option inside the ACP that might birng me to that purpose.
It's not in the ACP - but I know we've discussed how to do that in this thread via code changes... try using the advanced search to find it.
Bobbele1984 wrote:
  • What changes do I need to do that 'ALL_DAY_CHECK' is unchecked by default? It seems to be hardcoded as well :|
I can't remember if this has come up or not - it's likely enough... although unchecking a box isn't too big of a pain for most users. If you really want to do it try searching the thread, and if you don't find your answer what you learn in the previous instructions will help you in this area as well (as long as you know php, html, and javascript well enough to get a little creative) - at least the changes for the previous step will let you know what files to edit, and give you a few good clues of things to look for.
Bobbele1984 wrote:
  • I wanted to build in the calendar into the "board3 Portal". For this I changed inside {T_TEMPLATE_NAME}/portal/portal_body.html

to

Unfortunately, this change made my browser nearly crashing as the calendar was now loaded and displayed for about 30(!) times :shock:
Since I don't see what else is in your portal_body.html file, and what's in the php file used when loading the portal_body.html file it's impossible to diagnose what's wrong here. My first question is did you make the same edits to the php page used with portal_body.html that you were supposed to make in index.php? If the php code to initialize the display data for the calendar isn't called than calling the calendar.html UI file will do no good.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Tallanvor

Post by Tallanvor » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Hoping someone could tell me where I can get some support for using this calendar? I can't see anywhere to post new events. It's loaded and I can see the calendar but there is no fuctionality.

Thanks in advance and my apologies if this is the wrong forum.

alightner

Post by alightner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Tallanvor wrote:Hoping someone could tell me where I can get some support for using this calendar? I can't see anywhere to post new events. It's loaded and I can see the calendar but there is no fuctionality.

Review the troubleshooting tips... you need to be sure you've refreshed your styles and purged your cache and you also need to remember to give yourself permission to create new events ;)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

CemetaryMan

Post by CemetaryMan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:51 pm

alightner wrote:
Tallanvor wrote:Hoping someone could tell me where I can get some support for using this calendar? I can't see anywhere to post new events. It's loaded and I can see the calendar but there is no fuctionality.

Review the troubleshooting tips... you need to be sure you've refreshed your styles and purged your cache and you also need to remember to give yourself permission to create new events ;)
Had the same problem until i went to the acp->users & groups->groups permissions-> select the group and go to "advanced permissions" there you should see the calender tab and can set it to what you want :)

therat

Post by therat » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:05 pm

alightner wrote:
blw911 wrote:I've got the view day and view event images removed, but can't figure out or know where to get the view week and view month event images/icons removed?
It's in calendar.html
Bobbele1984 wrote:Hi there,

It's not in the ACP - but I know we've discussed how to do that in this thread via code changes... try using the advanced search to find it.
Bobbele1984 wrote:
I can't remember if this has come up or not - it's likely enough... although unchecking a box isn't too big of a pain for most users. If you really want to do it try searching the thread, and if you don't find your answer what you learn in the previous instructions will help you in this area as well (as long as you know php, html, and javascript well enough to get a little creative) - at least the changes for the previous step will let you know what files to edit, and give you a few good clues of things to look for.
Bobbele1984 wrote:

to

Since I don't see what else is in your portal_body.html file, and what's in the php file used when loading the portal_body.html file it's impossible to diagnose what's wrong here. My first question is did you make the same edits to the php page used with portal_body.html that you were supposed to make in index.php? If the php code to initialize the display data for the calendar isn't called than calling the calendar.html UI file will do no good.
This is what I used to change the order of the options, works for me.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... t#p8244265

james0330

Post by james0330 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:54 pm

hi all, im half way through installing this great mod and i hit a block

the template install file does not show up correctlyy, it looks like a notepag or wordpad type document

is there a link or something i can fix with or maybe a correct file? BTW i already downloaded the main bit of 1st post and thats where problem is

james0330

Post by james0330 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 pm

i guess no one wants to help?

alightner

Post by alightner » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:39 pm

james0330 wrote:i guess no one wants to help?
I'm gone for under 24 hours and you assume no one will ever help you??? That's not very nice.

The prosilver.xml file opens fine in internet explorer... what web browser are you using to view the file?
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”