[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DJ Skitzo

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)

Post by DJ Skitzo »

alightner wrote:
DJ Skitzo wrote:How about adding the ability for the event creator to send a PM to the members who are attending?
It's a possibility, although the author already has a built in mechanism for getting the attention of user's who want to know about last minute updates to the event. If the author edits/updates the event information or their reply (if attendance tracking is enabled, and the users have permission to view the replies) all the users who had been "watching the event" will get an email notification to view the event update. This allows individual users to control which (if any) events they receive update notifications about. The mass pm's may be fine to some people, but spam to others, so opting in/out is always nice ;)
Yeah, it's nice to have an option but a lot of my users don't like recieving emails and prefer to recieve PM's instead. Maybe if you add it you could give an option when clicking to attend which would say something like "Receive updates via PM" which could be set to yes by default.

Alexandrej

Post by Alexandrej »

Alexandrej wrote:Hello Alightner and everybody,

I have completed the French translation and it is available for download below:

Download : http://www.torontois.com/_share/phpbb_C ... les_fr.zip
New corrected version just posted (a few bugs in the install__language_files_fr.xml file).

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

Another possible idea could be for emails to automatically be sent out at the start of each week listing what events are happening that week.

Again, this could be a setting which the users opt in for, but via the user control panel, with the possibility for admins to turn it on by default.

JeRicHoOL

Post by JeRicHoOL »

Alightner, I have noticed that I can't update my profile anymore after installing the 0.1.0 version of your mod. It always gives me the following error.
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
I'm using phpBB 3.0.5

alightner

Post by alightner »

JeRicHoOL wrote:Alightner, I have noticed that I can't update my profile anymore after installing the 0.1.0 version of your mod. It always gives me the following error.
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
I'm using phpBB 3.0.5
That's funny because I can still update my profile on the demo page, and no one else has reported this problem. Which item in your profile are you trying to edit? My mod shouldn't effect anything on existing UCP pages... it adds two new UCP modules, but doesn't add/edit anything on any existing UCP pages. Are you sure you don't have any other mods installed that may be causing this?
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

Deathly Hallow

Post by Deathly Hallow »

Hii!

Can someone tell me where the subsilver templates are, I';m very lazy to read this whole subject, I'm sorry. I surely don't know if it's even possible for subsilver2. Second Is there any new version, or planned to?

alightner

Post by alightner »

Deathly Hallow wrote:Hii!

Can someone tell me where the subsilver templates are, I';m very lazy to read this whole subject, I'm sorry. I surely don't know if it's even possible for subsilver2. Second Is there any new version, or planned to?
Yes you are lazy... if you download the mod and look at the install instructions first, you'll see a link in the typical section that includes the template information (Additional MODX Files) for "Information about Subsilver ". I suggest you start there.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

JeRicHoOL

Post by JeRicHoOL »

The problem is fixed. I did a wrong file edit for the Anti-Spam modification. :lol:

Wrong:

Code: Select all

if (!check_form_key('ucp_profile_info'))

// START Anti-Spam ACP
					antispam::ucp_profile($data, $error);
					// END Anti-Spam ACP
					{
						$error[] = 'FORM_INVALID';
					}

Right:

if (!check_form_key('ucp_profile_info'))
					{
						$error[] = 'FORM_INVALID';
					}
// START Anti-Spam ACP
					antispam::ucp_profile($data, $error);
					// END Anti-Spam ACP

woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

Alexandrej wrote:Thanks woipi90,

I have commented out "calendar_display_mini_month();" which seems to be problem.
Now the portal shows up along with the calendar block structure but with the calendar not showing and the events too. :|
I am not a php programmer so I am not sure what to look for. :?
But what I am doing is comparing the portal's php files from my test site where I was using calendar 0.0.8 and the sames ones from my test site where I am now using calendar 0.1.0.
I hope this leads me somewhere... :)
does anyone already have a solution for this problem or even better the new blocks?

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

alightner

Post by alightner »

woipi90 wrote:does anyone already have a solution for this problem or even better the new blocks?

grz woipi
Why not ask around on the support section for portal? If they supplied the orignal code you want updated, then perhaps they just don't know that the calendar has been updated. My guess is that the original author of the broken code should be the one to fix it - if they are still around and providing support for portal.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

lupo87

Post by lupo87 »

still no official subsilver version?

alightner

Post by alightner »

lupo87 wrote:still no official subsilver version?
No mod is REQUIRED to have a subsilver version. If a style guru writes one I will be glad to include it with proper credit in the mod, but there's no guarantee that will ever happen - even after the mod is released.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

foulou

Post by foulou »

hello, thx for the mod,

i checked many time my installation but the week display on index don't want to show up, same for the link in overall_header :(

i'm on phpbb 3.0.5 with problack skin (based on prosilver skin)

last version of your mod. refreshed the cache so many time and template img etc cache also many time.

any suggestion ? thx

alightner

Post by alightner »

foulou wrote:hello, thx for the mod,

i checked many time my installation but the week display on index don't want to show up, same for the link in overall_header :(

i'm on phpbb 3.0.5 with problack skin (based on prosilver skin)

last version of your mod. refreshed the cache so many time and template img etc cache also many time.

any suggestion ? thx
If you've double checked all of your edits, perhaps you should try re-uploading each file. Some people in the past have had problems where a file didn't upload properly so they weren't testing what they thought they were testing.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

foulou

Post by foulou »

If you've double checked all of your edits, perhaps you should try re-uploading each file. Some people in the past have had problems where a file didn't upload properly so they weren't testing what they thought they were testing.
thx for your reply, i reuploaded all the files but nothing new, weird because the calendar is working well for me and the other users when i go to http://mydomain.tld/calendar.php

i got no errors anywhere :cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”