[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
novanilla

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)

Post by novanilla »

LOVE THIS MOD!!!!!

What are the chances of tweaking something here so that users can remove their names entirely from an attendee list (administrators too)?

Don't yell at me if I missed something, LOL. I've searched this thing using every possible likely search string involved, and haven't found it. :D
DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

alightner wrote:I store mine with the exact same unix timestamp that phpbb does... and use the same function as the main phpbb software to display the date with respect to the current user's timezone settings. It's exactly the same way phpbb stores post times etc. In fact, if you had a post that was displayed as being written at 5pm yesterday, and a calendar event that was scheduled for 5 pm yesterday, now that you've moved the forum time back one hour (by adjusting the DST setting) both the post and calendar event would suddenly say 4pm instead of 5pm. They're the same.
Surely something could be done though, maybe removing the timezone support could be a better idea? So that no matter what timezone you are in the times will always be the same?

That way the times would always be correct, wouldn't they?
alightner

Post by alightner »

DJ Skitzo wrote:Surely something could be done though, maybe removing the timezone support could be a better idea? So that no matter what timezone you are in the times will always be the same?

That way the times would always be correct, wouldn't they?
No, that would cause confusion if the times weren't displayed in the same terms as other dates/times on the forum. I'm not sure you know enough about phpbb time display here. If you want to tweak it for your own forum, I don't want to stifle you, but I'm coping with timezones the best way I can which is to be consistent with the rest of phpbb.
novanilla wrote:LOVE THIS MOD!!!!!

What are the chances of tweaking something here so that users can remove their names entirely from an attendee list (administrators too)?

Don't yell at me if I missed something, LOL. I've searched this thing using every possible likely search string involved, and haven't found it. :D
There is no way to delete it at this time, it was assumed that the event creator would want to see who responded... and people could always change their reply to "no" and remove their comments... it may be something to add in the future, but it isn't there now.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
frec

Post by frec »

frec wrote: this is what i meant:

in calendar view month:

in ucp manage event registration:

note the event in manage event registration is not colored.
Any idea on how to fix this event color bug in "manage event registration" module in UCP?
faqbch99

Post by faqbch99 »

I was going to download and install, but it seems 0.1.0 has been out a few months now and there are pages of fixes and changes listed. Do you have any idea when you will be releasing a new version with all known fixes updated in the package? phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner) :shock:

Thanks.
valaraukar

Post by valaraukar »

* sorry, my english is bad

Not for begginers? that's for sure...I have to say that I love this mod...it worked like a charm, and I don't have a prosilver style...and I have installed more than 100 mods in my forum...

I was afraid when I tryed to installed it, because I though "0.1.0 + no for begginers + 100mods=genearl error/databaserror xDDD"...but afeter a few changes...it worked like a charm (again...).

I'll bring the spanish translation as soon as I finish it...and I have to say that, no matter if this is a 0.1.0 version, It doesn't have any problems with SQL and other mods...

Only 2 things to be listed:
  1. I couldn't see the personal events of other users and I'm the founder of the forum xD. Is it right? or I didn't do anything?
  2. The translation files are too...too disperced ^^)!. I mean, when I try to translate it, I thought that all the user language strings where in a unique file, but they where disperced in 3 files o.o)!. I know that it shouldn't be any problem if doing a whole translation...but at first I translate the strings that the users see...and lately the ACP strings...
Well, anyway a great mod. It it have those options in 0.1.0...I can't guess how it will be in 1.0 version o.o)!

bye bye...
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

faqbch99 wrote:I was going to download and install, but it seems 0.1.0 has been out a few months now and there are pages of fixes and changes listed. Do you have any idea when you will be releasing a new version with all known fixes updated in the package? phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner) :shock:

Thanks.
... Piggy-backing off of the above question...

Does the current download zip contain the fixes?
Jackknife Johnny

Post by Jackknife Johnny »

Hi, are there any step by step installation instructions? This will be my first mod. :?
babyface1980

Post by babyface1980 »

Jackknife Johnny wrote:Hi, are there any step by step installation instructions? This will be my first mod. :?
There is a install.xml file that you open with IE. That is the install instructions.
babyface1980

Post by babyface1980 »

keith10456 wrote:
faqbch99 wrote:I was going to download and install, but it seems 0.1.0 has been out a few months now and there are pages of fixes and changes listed. Do you have any idea when you will be releasing a new version with all known fixes updated in the package? phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner) :shock:

Thanks.
... Piggy-backing off of the above question...

Does the current download zip contain the fixes?
I'm sure there has been a one or two changes but in overall I personally used the current files. I didn't need any "fixes" as such.

I'm sure alightner will have more info for you though.
dpower_20@hotmai.com

Post by dpower_20@hotmai.com »

Heya alightner,

Loving this calendar mod so far! :D

I was just wondering if you could help me integrate this mod with another one.

I have installed this mod (Topic Text in Mouse Over): http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1257235

So when I hover over the links to the events I just get the title of the event. I want to get the event description and I'm wondering what it is defined by.

The hover mod takes the data from the title tag.

This is the current one:

Code: Select all

title="<!-- IF events.ETYPE_DISPLAY_NAME -->{events.ETYPE_DISPLAY_NAME}: <!-- ENDIF --> {events.FULL_SUBJECT}" >
I did try events.Message but that didn't work.
motzned

Post by motzned »

here's my subsilver2 version for 0.1.0
feel free to check for errors, make changes and share with the community

http://www.phpbb-styles.com/downloads/s ... dar010.zip
Author of xabbBlue for phpBB3
novanilla

Post by novanilla »

I've read several references to "private" events here, and all I see are "personal" events, which are nothing more than personal reminders that cannot be shared with anybody (even administrators).

I would like a user to be able to invite their friends to an event - or set up a "personal" event, and specify certain users to be able to see it, in addition to him/herself. THIS is how I envisioned a "private event" to be published in a calendar.

Is this possible? Am I missing something in the permission system?

I don't want to have to give users administrative permissions so they can create a zillion groups for event invitation purposes... Anybody know any way to avoid this?

Thanks!
Benchwarmers6

Post by Benchwarmers6 »

OK.. Just installed this and so far it "Looks" great however the permissions are all defaulted to off and being the founder I would have expected at least those turned on. I have been messing with permissions for an hour or so now and I can now See the calender but cannot figure out how to post something to it. Is there not a button on the calendar to post to it?. Also how hard would it be to get it on the board3 portal main page? I would love to have this be the first thing people see on my site.
faqbch99

Post by faqbch99 »

Same issue here.. I installed, followed all instructions, i can not get it to display. I have spent hours going though permissions for users admin mods, etc to try and enable. but it never shows on the homepage and if i go right to the post event page it says i do not have permissions to post.

I ran the query in the debug help info, no dup rows, I know i followed all install instructions as I vaildated it 3 times now.

I also seem to have the issue with the cal display being dark blue.. I see the instructions for this in the debug info, i have purged by themes and my cache, and my browser cache, still no luck.

I am starting to think the latest zip might have an issue.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”