[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
NissanNut

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)

Post by NissanNut » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:13 am

There is a file called "prosilver.xml" that has to be done as well as the "install.xml"

You have to do both installs.

trickoff

Post by trickoff » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:01 am

ninja250 wrote:Hello;
This mod would be perfect if we can have:
-A upload function.(For example useful to add event flyer)
-A captcha or antispam system when we allow guets to post event.
-The event title on the page title (very useful to find events with google, yahoo, etc), and not always "Calendar".

Thank you

I apologise for my poor english :oops:
yes, these are some sweet features!

chrisi99

Post by chrisi99 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:50 pm

suddenly new presentation errors:

Without me changing anything out of nothing I experience some errors regarding the icons and css formatting!

http://bogenturniere.at/calendar.php

Mentioned as IE8-error, but I am using FF and Chrome... still nothing is there. I did of course purge theme, imageset and cache, still nothing. Permissions should be perfectly fine (as I did not change anything..)!

can anyone figure out whats wrong? =)

Chris

alightner

Post by alightner » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:38 pm

chrisi99 wrote:suddenly new presentation errors:

Without me changing anything out of nothing I experience some errors regarding the icons and css formatting!

http://bogenturniere.at/calendar.php

Mentioned as IE8-error, but I am using FF and Chrome... still nothing is there. I did of course purge theme, imageset and cache, still nothing. Permissions should be perfectly fine (as I did not change anything..)!

can anyone figure out whats wrong? =)

Chris
It sure looks like a problem with the cache. I've observed before where I refreshed and purged things and it didn't seem to take effect. Try refreshing all the style elements again. Re-load the page see if there's any difference. Then try purging the cache again - reload the page and see if there's a difference. If you do that more than once and don't see improvement I'll be surprised.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

chrisi99

Post by chrisi99 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm

nope, tried different variations of what-to-refresh and when-to-open-calendar, but nothing worked so far.

if you want to take a closer look and need an admin account that is of course no problem with me ;D

anyway I wonder how that could have happened. I just switched the image in the header (site_logo.gif) to another image... nothing done with the calendar...

since this more or less a test-installation no harm is done, still it annoys me ;)

RasmusDJ

Post by RasmusDJ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi all

I have tried alot different things, but northing seems to work. For me, it looks like it will not read my language file, i have tried with both DK and ENG.

The problem looks like this

http://www.scalerace.com/kalender.tiff

I have tried refreshing different thing, but northing seems to work for me.

Any suggestions to what could be wrong?

Regards.

chrisi99

Post by chrisi99 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:15 pm

you are using an incomplete language file (maybe for an older version of the calendar)!

just take a fresh english 0.1.0 english file and translate it word by word. The only way to make sure you really got everything ;)

chrisi99

Post by chrisi99 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:18 pm

any ideas on my problem in the meantime? =)

loki980

Post by loki980 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm

I'm going to start work on an page that outputs the calendar to iCal format. It only looks like an hour or two of work, to be honest. Has anyone done this yet before I duplicate the effort?
http://pskite.org - constantly adding custom mods

skargon

Post by skargon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:16 pm

skargon wrote:Just loaded this mod. Receiving the following error (on the index page)
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'group_id_list' in 'where clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_calendar_events WHERE ( (event_access_level = 2) OR (poster_id = 55 ) OR (event_access_level = 1 AND (group_id = 5 OR group_id_list LIKE '%,5,%' OR group_id = 2 OR group_id_list LIKE '%,2,%') ) ) AND ((( event_start_time >= 1259615330 AND event_start_time <= 1291151330 ) OR ( event_end_time > 1259615330 AND event_end_time <= 1291151330 ) OR ( event_start_time < 1259615330 AND event_end_time > 1291151330 )) OR (sort_timestamp > 1259528931 AND event_all_day = 1) ) ORDER BY sort_timestamp ASC LIMIT 5

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 221
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/functions_calendar.php
LINE: 1283
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/functions_calendar.php
LINE: 1244
CALL: display_next_events()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 121
CALL: calendar_display_calendar_on_index()
Anyone know how to fix this?

chrisi99

Post by chrisi99 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

well I just re-changed the colors.css in my theme folder with the instructions in the xml file and it works again. seems a wrong click undid some changes I made when installing!

so I am left with waiting for the upload-function for this mod to be perfect ;D

chrisi99

Post by chrisi99 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:24 pm

skargon wrote:Just loaded this mod. Receiving the following error (on the index page)
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'group_id_list' in 'where clause' [1054]

Anyone know how to fix this?
does the column exist? It is created when running the SQL statement given in the installation.xml file!

use phpmysql or whatever you prefer to check! Maybe the creation process was interrupted...

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Not sure if these ideas have been mentioned but I thought they could be good and useful to others.

Event based threaded discussions

These would be kind of like forums, but within the calendar events themselves, where users who are attending the event can create topics to either discuss the event, ask for hotel information etc, it could also have an option for the event creator that if the creator is making a topic within their event they can mark it as news so that it stands our over the other topics already created.

Image attachments

Image attachments could be useful for posting flyers/adverts in to the event page itself, at the moment my members must first upload their flyer/poster/advert to a complete different location such as Image Shack or Photo Bucket, it would be much easier and cleaner for them if they could do everything from one place.

Single event management by multi-users

Sometimes event promoters often have multiple staff registered to a website so that they can all manage their event together and answer questions as quickly as possible, but with the calendar only one person may update it at a time, it would be a nice feature if the creator could list names of their friends/associates who should also be able to manage the event.

chrisi99

Post by chrisi99 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm

the first two points have allready been mentioned and taken into consideration I believe =)

whk

Recurring events issue: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightn

Post by whk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:19 pm

alightner - this is a great mod. Thanks for all your diligent work!

I recently updated from 0.0.8 to 0.1.0 and started using the recurring event feature. I've found that if an event is scheduled for daily repeat, it works fine. When I try any of the options to repeat monthly or annually, I can only see the original entry - not any of the repeating entries. I was wondering if there is some setting on the board I may have made that would have impacted that feature? Are there any tests or files to look at that would help me isolate why? Here is a link with a recurring event set to repeat the 2nd Monday in a month from January through May. Here is annother link with a recurring event set to repeat the 2nd Monday in February annually for 3 years.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”