[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Melvine

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)

Post by Melvine » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:42 am

hi,
if somebody have an idea where i can modify the colour of the date
i guess that is in colours css file, but where ?

thank you

DocSommer

Post by DocSommer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Thanks for all of the work alightner, and I encourage the MOD database managers to validate this mod ASAP so that more folks will take advantage of it. It's been in development long enough (223 pages!!?).
seconded..... I think there are enough thumbs up to call it at least a release candidate.

Melvine

Post by Melvine » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 am

Fix with firebug

WuTang

Post by WuTang » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:43 am

alightner wrote: I'm not sure what's different on your forum, but if I can't reproduce it, I can't debug it... double check the code in function calendar_display_month() in includes/functions_calendar.php and look for the following section: ...

Something in your installation is causing it to pick up a lot more during that sql query of the CALENDAR_EVENTS_TABLE then it should. Also you'll have to fix whatever's different in your install for all the different views - week, day, etc.
Thanks for your answer, I've sadly overseen it before. I replaced the file includes/functions_calender.php with the one shipped in your original package as the only changes I did to your mod are to the translations. Sadly the replacement did not change anything to the problem at all. Seems like it has to with the SQL tables itself, I'm using MySQL. On the other hand this bug does affect newly created full-day events too.

alightner

Post by alightner » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:07 pm

WuTang wrote:
alightner wrote: I'm not sure what's different on your forum, but if I can't reproduce it, I can't debug it... double check the code in function calendar_display_month() in includes/functions_calendar.php and look for the following section: ...

Something in your installation is causing it to pick up a lot more during that sql query of the CALENDAR_EVENTS_TABLE then it should. Also you'll have to fix whatever's different in your install for all the different views - week, day, etc.
Thanks for your answer, I've sadly overseen it before. I replaced the file includes/functions_calender.php with the one shipped in your original package as the only changes I did to your mod are to the translations. Sadly the replacement did not change anything to the problem at all. Seems like it has to with the SQL tables itself, I'm using MySQL. On the other hand this bug does affect newly created full-day events too.
My demo forum is MySQL as well... very strange... can anyone else reproduce this???
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Looks like something is missing in the constants.php file. CALENDAR_EVENTS_TABLE is not being changed to the table name.

emule

Post by emule » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi

I just installed the mod and I have some worries. In the administration, in the management modules, when I added the calendar, I put the following error:
Can you help me? thank you to you

PS : I said that I use the language FR,

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE8tres ...' for column 'log_data' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_log (user_id, log_ip, log_time, log_operation, log_data, log_type) VALUES ('2', '90.17.32.173', 1271360489, 'LOG_MODULE_ADD', 'a:1:{i:0;s:22:\"Param�tres de l agenda\";}', 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()
etc.............

alightner

Post by alightner » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 pm

emule wrote:Hi

I just installed the mod and I have some worries. In the administration, in the management modules, when I added the calendar, I put the following error:
Can you help me? thank you to you

PS : I said that I use the language FR,

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE8tres ...' for column 'log_data' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_log (user_id, log_ip, log_time, log_operation, log_data, log_type) VALUES ('2', '90.17.32.173', 1271360489, 'LOG_MODULE_ADD', 'a:1:{i:0;s:22:\"Param�tres de l agenda\";}', 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()
etc.............

It's complaining about an invalid character in the string your passing into the table as far as I can tell... looks like a problem with your french translation. Perhaps you should install in english, then worry about adding the french translations after it's up and running, or wherever you can find the string "Param�tres de l agenda" in one of your french language files perhaps you need to change the string to eliminate the special character that is causing you trouble.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

emule

Post by emule » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:28 am

indeed, the cause is some of this emphasis in the translation. It issued as special characters and gives an error

thank you

spiderpig2503

Post by spiderpig2503 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi just installed it but one problem i the whole background is blue i have double checked the entrys and everything was done right and purged the cash, refreshed the templates etc but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

spiderpig2503

Post by spiderpig2503 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 am

Ignore my previous post just relised there was a second install file for the styles in a different folder

Octopus

Post by Octopus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:43 pm

@ alightner: Bump :D
Octopus wrote:Do you have an idea if it is possible to change the Template of the calender that e.g. if you don´t need an click on "recurring event" the rest of the options for recurring stays invisible.

Perhaps a method like in phpbb´s quick reply?
I think something like this could optimize usability...

trickoff

Post by trickoff » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks for a great mod alightner!

Would it be possible to add an option for uploading an event poster/picture when creating/editing an event :roll:

That would be really sweet!

Thanks again

newsic

Post by newsic » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello Everybody,

Sorry for my english but i'm french :)

I write you because I have a problem during the installation of the mod.
I followed well the advice in "install.xml" and I verified twice everything! !

I manage to add the mod in "ACP" but I have a problem of display (see image).

I also manage to see the calendar with birthdays (http://www.liguepokerwallonie.be/forum/calendar.php) But the page of creation does not work (http://www.liguepokerwallonie.be/forum/calendarpost.php).

Anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot :)

marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Did you upload the language files to your language/fr folder as well?
newsic wrote:But the page of creation does not work (http://www.liguepokerwallonie.be/forum/calendarpost.php).
That link will never work because it is incomplete. When you click on the "new event" image you'll get a link that ends something like this: calendarpost.php?mode=post&calD=1&calM=4&calY=2010. Then it will work.
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”