[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
alightner

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)

Post by alightner » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:27 pm

kires wrote:i do not remember exactly error.
Well, if doing those edits (in all 12 places) didn't fix the problem and you can't post the full error message I can't really help.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

Martin Day

Post by Martin Day » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:40 pm

Martin Day wrote:
MartectX wrote:
Martin Day wrote:MartectX, I realise you have put considerable effort into this issue already, but I don't feel equipped to take your thoughts on this further myself. Is there any chance you could turn your pseudo code into real code?
I'm helping my grandparents move these days, but I think I may have some time in about a week from now. I'll let you know when I come up with something - I won't forget about this.
MartectX, I hope your grandparents are settled in... I was just wondering if you would have any time to finish the fix you had started to craft. There is obviously no particular rush at the moment as the spring DST change has passed but it would be great to have a solution before the next time change comes over the horizon. Thanks.
MartectX, you will probably remember this one. Well I'm wondering it you are at all in the mood for pushing this one one a little further as the next daylight saving time change is coming up on the horizon? And my board members will soon be in confusion again. thanks
Martin

MidnightCoder

Post by MidnightCoder » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 am

I have users begging for a way to hide the current calendar week, when it's set to display in the acp. Is there a function for this somewhere, or do I need to write something up?

alightner

Post by alightner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:54 am

MidnightCoder wrote:I have users begging for a way to hide the current calendar week, when it's set to display in the acp. Is there a function for this somewhere, or do I need to write something up?
That would be a new enhancement. You'd need to add a new option in the UCP to let users hide it (and of course create space to store the new flag in the phpbb_users table) and then on the index page where there's a check to see if the ACP says to display the calendar you will also need to add a check for the user's personal show/hide calendar flag value.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

PhilP

Post by PhilP » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:18 am

Hello alightner.
Newbie ish to phpBB
Just getting board in 3.0.7 going.
I know a calendar will become an issue.
There are many, many postings to wade through on this topic so to help me kick it off, could you tell me please -
  • Calendar 0.1.0 is in test - yes ?
    It can be installed on a test board ?
    Were do I download it from for 3.0.7
    Any idea on a go-live date.
Regards
Phil

PhilP

Post by PhilP » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Follow-up to my last post.
I have downloaded it now and created a "test" BB with calendar - looks OK so far.
But one of my questions is still valid. I get the impression from other posts that some/many are using this calendar in live environment - is this so - and leading-on from that, is there a real go-live planned ?

PhilP

Post by PhilP » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:30 pm

OK, now I need some coding help please.
I have managed, with the help of other postings, to modify functions_posting.php so as to ensure users get email notification for every new topic or reply to topic - if they've subscribed of course.
Now I'd like to do the same to the calendar - for each new event or change to event send email notification if they are watching the calendar.
Code is in functions_calendar.php I believe and I've tried a couple of things without success.
Can anybody please advise what I need to tweak to do this please.
Regards
Phil

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:49 pm

keith10456 wrote:
woipi90 wrote:
woipi90 wrote:
woipi90 wrote:hy,

i have a really mysterious problem....
the icons of the calendar don't show up?!

all edits are in place and the cache is cleared?!

can somebody help me?

grz woipi
update:

so guys some further information i did enter the imagedata now to the database and the images showed up but when i refreshed the imagesetcache again the entries where deleted again?!

also it's only happening to the week, day, new and month icons the edit all and delete all icons work and aren't deleted when refreshing!

plz can somebody help me and tell me why my board is deleting the entries althrough they are entered in the imageset file?

thx for your help!

grz woipi
do you have any suggestions how to solve this problem?

grz woipi
I'm completely baffled by this :?
ok for everyone who has the same problem.... the error was caused by missing edits in includes/acp/acp_styles.php.... ;)

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

alightner

Post by alightner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:58 am

PhilP wrote:OK, now I need some coding help please.
I have managed, with the help of other postings, to modify functions_posting.php so as to ensure users get email notification for every new topic or reply to topic - if they've subscribed of course.
Now I'd like to do the same to the calendar - for each new event or change to event send email notification if they are watching the calendar.
Code is in functions_calendar.php I believe and I've tried a couple of things without success.
Can anybody please advise what I need to tweak to do this please.
Regards
Phil
Sounds like you missed some install steps - the functionality for both were in the install guide.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

PhilP

Post by PhilP » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:47 am

OK, thanks, I'll review.
It's good to get your hands dirty rather than asking for help all the time. It took me quite a while to figure-out how to update the sql - quite a while since I touched sql now - but I got there.
I might be back to you though :)

About te go-live situation though .... ??

Regards
Phil

PhilP

Post by PhilP » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:01 pm

OK, reviewed my installation and I think I got it right.
And then I thought maybe I wasn't clear about what I was hoping for. The standard install gives user one notification email but then if they don't logon, no more emails result until after they next do logon - correct ? That's the normal set-up. However, my BB will be a fairly low-usage one and some users will expect to receive ALL posts notified by email - if they've subscribed/watched the forum/calendar.
For forums, I found this topic -

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p7052015

-that describes deleting two lines of code -

file: includes/functions_posting.php
line: 1149 ("AND w.notify_status = 0")
line: 1182 ("AND fw.notify_status = 0")

- to force email notifications for all postings - and that workds just fine.

How to do the same for the calendar ? I think I have done it. It works today but didn't work last night - maybe I had a cache issue or whatever. Anyway, changing these lines in functiions_calendar.php from (int) 0 to (int) 1 -

4418 'notify_status' => (int) 1,
4471 'notify_status' => (int) 1,

- seems to have done the trick.

I would appreciate your views on my hacks to your code. :!:

Then, as ever, I have another question. How to get the date of the new event say into the notification email. Again, I've tweaked the forum notification text files and I've looked at the calendar text files so I am a little familiar with the concepts but can't easily see how to do anything similar for the calendar. Any clues welcomed.

Regards
Phil

FoleyTX

Post by FoleyTX » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:35 pm

I just installed the calendar. Can someone look at the color, when you mouse over it changes?

What do I need to do? Is there a mod to change the colors to work well with ProSilver SE?

Calendar is at the bottom of my front index page. http://www.txatbat.com

Thanks

Wayne

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:26 am

FoleyTX wrote:I just installed the calendar. Can someone look at the color, when you mouse over it changes?

What do I need to do? Is there a mod to change the colors to work well with ProSilver SE?

Calendar is at the bottom of my front index page. http://www.txatbat.com

Thanks

Wayne
After ensuring that you made the template edits stated in phpbb_Calendar_0_1_0\xml\prosilver.xml, be sure to refresh the Imagesets, Themes and Templates of the style you are using.

Abera

Post by Abera » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:30 pm

This is really a neat MOD and what was needed for my site. I may have found a slight bug. When laying out the times for the day:

Layout

and when showing the finished post. I get :

Wrong date

Thanks

UPDATE:
I think the problem is with a conflicting MOD(?), but have no idea how to fix it. Can I get some help please? I have no idea how to fix it.
The MOD:
Board starting date on index

Board starting date

Thanks
Last edited by Abera on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoleyTX

Post by FoleyTX » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:01 pm

How can I get the calendar to show up at the bottom of the board index, instead of the top?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”