[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
alightner

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by alightner »

PreferibilmenteNo wrote:I'm new in board. And i not speak english very well...
I try to download italian translation of calendar mod, but the link is broken...
It's possible to relink the correct zip file?

p.s. The mod is very cool and interesting :)
Unfortunately I dont have a backup copy of that file. The person who created it was hosting it on their server, and if they've since removed it all you can do is hope someone else using Italian uploads their copy for you, or you (or someone else) who speaks Italian makes a new translation for the current release and posts it here to share.
sssubito wrote:I have repacked my German language files properly (to my best knowledge) into the provided language mod zip from the first post. I did not change the XML or whatever might be needed to make it working as I barely have knowledge how to do this.

phpbb_Calendar_1_0_0_lang.zip including German casual honorifics language files and icons.

Cheers, sssubito
Awesome - thanks - I'll update the link in the first post soon. :)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

Thanks! Wondering if it is possible to make each event page a topic posting where posters can reply/discuss the event?

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

traveller123 wrote:Thanks! Wondering if it is possible to make each event page a topic posting where posters can reply/discuss the event?
It is possible. I have seen it done, but I don't know of anything that is written up to allow you to do it at the present time. It will require some research.
Have you hugged someone today?

KarGoManiA

Post by KarGoManiA »

traveller123 wrote:Thanks! Wondering if it is possible to make each event page a topic posting where posters can reply/discuss the event?
in phpbb2 mod name is "Topic calendar" ... (:

deltabert

Post by deltabert »

Hi, I was looking for a long time for a good Calendar mod, and was very pleased to see that you picked up the development. Thanks for that! have installed the Mod, fist locally and the on my site and so far it seems to function.
But I would like to translate the mod to Dutch language. So I tried first the Dutch translate pack for 0.0.7.
But unfortunately, I am not able to download this file; it seems corrupted. I did tried the German pack, which went OK.

Would it be possible that you still have a correct file for the Dutch language?
And if not, could you please explain how I translate the EN pack to NL. I understand I have to (re)make the gif's, but what about the text portions?

Thanks in advance for your help, Bert

deltabert

Post by deltabert »

Hallo sssubito,
I am looking for a Dutch language pack. The Dutcht translation (0.0.7) on page 1 of this forum however seems to be corrupt. Besides, who knows what is missing in an older release?
So i downloaded your German language pack to see if this could give me a hand for a translation to Dutch.
But when I open the pack, I noticed only subdirectory's with "en" in it, and no "de" or something like that.
Could you explain to me (perhaps via pm) how one makes a language pack?

Much appreciated, Regards, Bert

sssubito wrote:I have repacked my German language files properly (to my best knowledge) into the provided language mod zip from the first post. I did not change the XML or whatever might be needed to make it working as I barely have knowledge how to do this.

phpbb_Calendar_1_0_0_lang.zip including German casual honorifics language files and icons.

Cheers, sssubito

deltabert

Post by deltabert »

Hi,
I discovered some strange behaviour in both my offline and online implementation. It must have something to do with my implementation, because the Demo site does not show this.

1) When I create a recurring event (e.g. once every Monday from 19:00 - 22:00), with no ending, then only the next four weeks are filled in. This happens on my online as well as my offline version. In the Demo site this is working OK.
2) Sometimes the icons in the header of a day are disappeared. When I Purge the Cash of phpBB the icons are back again.
Btw, I am using the prosilver style and the latest version of phpBB3. For the phpBB3 system I have both EN and Dutch languages installed, but before these tests, the default language is set to EN.

Further, I have a wish for a change. When I create a single event, and I get second thoughts and would like ti change it to a recurring event, I am not able to do so. Would that be possible?

Hope you are able to help me with these issues.
Regards, Bert

alightner

Post by alightner »

The calendar is only populating 4 weeks worth of events because of your settings in the acp. You tell the calendar how far out in advance to populate recurring events.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

deltabert

Post by deltabert »

Hi Alightner,
Thank you for your quick response. I am rather new to phpBB, so please accept my apologize for my questions. I went to the Calendar Settings but could not find the proper setting for # days/weeks a recurring post should last. Could you please let me know where this option in acp can be found?
Kind regards, Bert

sssubito

Post by sssubito »

deltabert wrote:So i downloaded your German language pack to see if this could give me a hand for a translation to Dutch.
But when I open the pack, I noticed only subdirectory's with "en" in it, and no "de" or something like that.
Could you explain to me (perhaps via pm) how one makes a language pack?

Much appreciated, Regards, Bert

Cheers, sssubito
@Bert/alightner
I'm so sorry, that's my silly mistake. When I have written the post I have accidently uploaded the unchanged ZIP, but this is now corrected. I have reupped the proper archive now and it should contain the German translations together with the original English ones!

How to make a translation?
Make a copy of the original "root/language/en"-folder from the calendar language zip and name it "dk" (I guess that's the proper name for the Dutch language). Now open every PHP file and translate every English string to Dutch. If my German translation is an additional aid for you, well, fine.
Make a copy of the original "root/styles/prosilver/imageset/en" folder from the calendar language zip and rename it to "dk". Some icons need translation, too. Use your favourite graphics application to change them. I'm not sure which font is used for the icons. There's maybe somewhere a documention on phpbb.com for this.
When you have done all this, copy the newly created Dutch language files (translations and icons) properly to your local and/or online test board and check your translation thoroughly. Make adjustments if necessary and when finished repack the ZIP properly and post a link so that others and alightner can access it. Double check to upload the proper zip... :D
deltabert wrote:Hi Alightner,
Thank you for your quick response. I am rather new to phpBB, so please accept my apologize for my questions. I went to the Calendar Settings but could not find the proper setting for # days/weeks a recurring post should last. Could you please let me know where this option in acp can be found?
Kind regards, Bert
It is the second last setting "Auto Populate Limits" (English) in the ACP's Calendar Settings!

Cheers, sssubito!

deltabert

Post by deltabert »

Hallo sssubito,
Thank you very much for your reply. I will go and work on the translation tomorrow. Btw just for your info, Dutch is the language of the Netherlands (Niederlande auf Deutsch, and it' s nl )
Once more thank you for your exelent explanation on how to make the language files.

Kind regards, Bert

BadBlock

Post by BadBlock »

alightner wrote:I came across another MAJOR problem with the whole ical concept. It's a huge security issue. There are two options, either you use the phpbb permission system, and people have to manually open the ical page and download the .ics file ...

OR

You forget permissions entirely - not recommended unless all of your events are public to begin with...
Why couldn't you try authentication via URL using userid and, for example, md5($salt) for this purpose only? A user will enter a number of random characters to generate salt and get his unique URL to access iCal script, and in case the URL gets compromised for some reason, he can just change salt to generate a new valid URL. md5'ed salt can be stored in the database. Alternatively, this can be md5 of ($userid.$password).

alightner

Post by alightner »

BadBlock wrote:
alightner wrote:I came across another MAJOR problem with the whole ical concept. It's a huge security issue. There are two options, either you use the phpbb permission system, and people have to manually open the ical page and download the .ics file ...

OR

You forget permissions entirely - not recommended unless all of your events are public to begin with...
Why couldn't you try authentication via URL using userid and, for example, md5($salt) for this purpose only? A user will enter a number of random characters to generate salt and get his unique URL to access iCal script, and in case the URL gets compromised for some reason, he can just change salt to generate a new valid URL. md5'ed salt can be stored in the database. Alternatively, this can be md5 of ($userid.$password).
I had thought about that... But having a unique URL didn't really feel secure to me either. Also when the user imports the calendar to say google - google gives them the option of importing the events as public events... Which is another security issue too.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

BadBlock

Post by BadBlock »

alightner wrote:I had thought about that... But having a unique URL didn't really feel secure to me either. Also when the user imports the calendar to say google - google gives them the option of importing the events as public events... Which is another security issue too.
Can you please give a bit more information on that? I mean, where exactly in Google Calendar I can find the option to subscribe to external calendar via URL. I'll try to take a closer look at it.

deltabert

Post by deltabert »

@alightner and sssubito,

I have translated the en language pack to nl_x_formal. (Dutch). A hell of a job, but it is necessary for my site.
But when I switch to the nl_x_formal language, the dreaded missing icons on the calender head are there!
I searched all posts about this, but did not find a real solution. Some people claim it disappeared all of a sudden... Btw, I did purge the phpbb cache, and also refreshed Templates, Themes and Imagesets several times, with no success.
When I switch in the UCP to the Britisch Englisch language, all icons are back again.
So it must be something different with files within the language/en/.. and language/nl_x_formal/.. or the styles/prosilver/imageset/en/.. and styles/prosilver/imageset/nl_x_formal/.. directories.
Imho, it could have nothing to do with one of the generic directories, like /includes/ /includes/acp/ or /includes/ucp/ or one of the files in the root. In that case the problem would also exists in the en language, or not?

As a test I did the following. I copied all the en language files to a nl_x_formal directories; purged phpbb cash and refreshed the three styles parts, but without success; still no icons in the calender.

I am puzzled as to where to look for to fix this issue. Is there perhaps a generic file which specifies where the icon files should be taken from (directory or url)? I looked in all the files mentioned in the install.xml file, but so far, I did not find anything.
Bear with me, I an rather new to phpBB and to php as well. But I would appreciate any help in this.

Regards, Bert
Last edited by deltabert on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”