[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DJ Skitzo

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0.a (alightner/spacedog)

Post by DJ Skitzo »

Once this mod has been completed will it come with installation instructions for subSilver2?

I could not see anything on the first page and don't have time to read through all of the other pages.
alightner

Post by alightner »

DJ Skitzo wrote:Once this mod has been completed will it come with installation instructions for subSilver2?

I could not see anything on the first page and don't have time to read through all of the other pages.
I have no plans to support anything other than prosilver... someone else is welcome to port it to subsilver2, and I can package it up with the distribution, but I can't do everything for everyone... I have real jobs too and a family ;)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
alightner

Post by alightner »

lockton9334 wrote:Have checked all language files. In fact I have run through all of the instructions again, and still the same problem as before.

Is there any chmod to do to any particular folders?
No - there aren't any chmods - it should be pretty straightforward.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

lockton9334 wrote:I have run the SQL statements again with the correct prefix which in my case it dt_ and all the tables listed in your instructions and the changes to the acl_options table are in my schema.
Not to step on the authors toes here, but I did the same (numerous times) and effectively caused myself further issues..

If you run it more than once, you may need to go into your database (with phpMyAdmin or whatever else you might use) and check the <your prefix>_acl_options table to ensure it doesn't have multiple entries. There should only be one grouping of entries in the auth_option key that starts with "a_calendar" and ends with "u_calendar_delete_events"... - If you have more than one block of these in this key, drop the extra entries that get made when you run it more than once.

Afterwards, you will probably want to purge your boards cache and possibly do a CRTL-F5 forced browser refresh.

Hope that helps!
alightner

Post by alightner »

RigNalScIn wrote:
lockton9334 wrote:I have run the SQL statements again with the correct prefix which in my case it dt_ and all the tables listed in your instructions and the changes to the acl_options table are in my schema.
Not to step on the authors toes here, but I did the same (numerous times) and effectively caused myself further issues..

If you run it more than once, you may need to go into your database (with phpMyAdmin or whatever else you might use) and check the <your prefix>_acl_options table to ensure it doesn't have multiple entries.
You're not stepping on my toes, as I can't take responsability for that problem. Most mods have this issue... and most mods assume phpbb_ table prefix. If you make the edits to the SQL tables more than once then yes you can/will have problems... That's why the standard operating procedure for installing ANY mod is to backup your files and your database, so if things don't go well you can restore the database and original files immediately and try again.

Some basic knowledge of phpbb and tables is required, that's why I suggest this mod for intermediate (not beginning) users.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

Skinning tip for the WoWMaevahEmpire style:
(If you don't use this style, you can skip to the next post...)

I've created a very basic WoWMaevahEmpire.xml replacement for the original "prosilver.xml" file from the 0.0.0a release. - Only the essential parts of the original xml have been changed to reflect the changes necessary to get this mod functional inside this style.

MUCH is the room for aestetic improvement but it will make it at least functional.

File is available here.
(Enter the captcha, download button will appear below..)
lockton9334

Post by lockton9334 »

alightner wrote:
RigNalScIn wrote:

If you run it more than once, you may need to go into your database (with phpMyAdmin or whatever else you might use) and check the <your prefix>_acl_options table to ensure it doesn't have multiple entries.
You're not stepping on my toes, as I can't take responsability for that problem. Most mods have this issue... and most mods assume phpbb_ table prefix. If you make the edits to the SQL tables more than once then yes you can/will have problems... That's why the standard operating procedure for installing ANY mod is to backup your files and your database, so if things don't go well you can restore the database and original files immediately and try again.

Some basic knowledge of phpbb and tables is required, that's why I suggest this mod for intermediate (not beginning) users.
I did realise that would cause problems and did appropriate table dropping before running the script again. I would class myself as an itermediate phpBB mod user as for eaxmple in phpBB2 I have installed the attachments mod which works along with an improved image verfication script http://www.cafeathome.org

Seemingly however, this mod escapes me. Perhaps it has a particular piece of code that instead of referencing the table prefix it is just looking for phpBB_?
DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

alightner wrote:
DJ Skitzo wrote:Once this mod has been completed will it come with installation instructions for subSilver2?

I have no plans to support anything other than prosilver... someone else is welcome to port it to subsilver2, and I can package it up with the distribution, but I can't do everything for everyone... I have real jobs too and a family ;)
I really hope that someone ports it over to subsilver2, I would try it myself but I do not understand most of the tags used in the template files.

I may give it a go at a later date though & if I feel that my attempt was ok I will post it in here for you to try out and maybe add to the download package ;)
alightner

Post by alightner »

lockton9334 wrote:Seemingly however, this mod escapes me. Perhaps it has a particular piece of code that instead of referencing the table prefix it is just looking for phpBB_?
No table prefixes were used at all times... table names (CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE, CALENDAR_EVENTS_TABLE, and CALENDAR_EVENT_TYPES_TABLE) were added with prefixes to includes/constants.php and from there on every time the calendar tables are accessed it uses the proper table name defined in constants.php.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
lockton9334

Post by lockton9334 »

alightner wrote:
lockton9334 wrote:Seemingly however, this mod escapes me. Perhaps it has a particular piece of code that instead of referencing the table prefix it is just looking for phpBB_?
No table prefixes were used at all times... table names (CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE, CALENDAR_EVENTS_TABLE, and CALENDAR_EVENT_TYPES_TABLE) were added with prefixes to includes/constants.php and from there on every time the calendar tables are accessed it uses the proper table name defined in constants.php.
Fair enough :) Looks like i'll be giving it up as I can't afford to spend any more time on it going round in circles.
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

I've installed this mod on my board.
Very nice work !
I have one small problem though. I upgraded my phpbb2.0.22 board to phpbb3.0, and I had the birthday mod installed on that forum. As the upgrade was being done, the birthday tables were imported. They now show in this calendar mad, but only one birthday each day.
I can of course just create an event tag, which the missing users can input their birthdays again, but sthought I would ask here first.
Thanks in advance.
Phil
Go on ! it's not as steep as it looks.....
alightner

Post by alightner »

Philthy wrote:I've installed this mod on my board.
Very nice work !
I have one small problem though. I upgraded my phpbb2.0.22 board to phpbb3.0, and I had the birthday mod installed on that forum. As the upgrade was being done, the birthday tables were imported. They now show in this calendar mad, but only one birthday each day.
I can of course just create an event tag, which the missing users can input their birthdays again, but sthought I would ask here first.
Thanks in advance.
Phil
I haven't see the birthday's mod from v2 and don't know what the converted v2->v3 birthday info looks like. I'd need to see your tables to comment on the issue.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
renet

Post by renet »

i*d guess that the phpbb converter converted them to the standard-phpbb3-birthday-tables ...
alightner

Post by alightner »

Oops there was a typo - I was missing a period. :oops:
Go to includes/functions_calendar.php and find:

Code: Select all

$birthday_list = (($birthday_list != '') ? ', ' : '') . get_username_string('full', $row['user_id'], $row['username'], $row['user_colour']);

$birthday_list .= (($birthday_list != '') ? ', ' : '') . get_username_string('full', $row['user_id'], $row['username'], $row['user_colour']);
Note the = changed to .=

Also I found the cause of the event types foreign character bug.
In includes/acp/acp_calendar.php
Find all occurrences of:

$etype_full_name = request_var('etype_full_name', '');
Replace with:

$etype_full_name = request_var('etype_full_name', '', true);
(note you'll need to do that in two places) then
Find:

$etype_display_name = request_var('etype_display_name', '');
Replace:

$etype_display_name = request_var('etype_display_name', '', true);
NOTE: I probably won't get around to updating the release with all the latest bug fixes for another 12-15 hours.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

Worked a treat :D
Thanks allnighter :geek: :lol:
Go on ! it's not as steep as it looks.....

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”