[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
RigNalScIn

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.2 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by RigNalScIn »

Heres an interesting one... - I missed getting a screenshot of it (again) but what I've seen the past 2 nights now is that at some point in the evening it looks as though the week display thats shown on index.php reverts to showing the PAST 6 days instead of the NEXT 6 days. - Likewise, the highlighted current day flips from being displayed on the left to the right.

Changing the "Calendar Settings" on the ACP to "Display Next Events" and unchecking "Display Current Week" seems to work ok when this happens (which is what I've done to help avoid user complaints) but I'd rather keep "Display Current Week" set on instead of using the less graphic "next events" listing..

I'm still not sure at what point in time this behavior starts (or stops) OR if its style-specific since I removed the testing (vanilla phpBB3) install and have it running on my "production" forum which uses the WoWMaevahEmpire style. But if no one has any ideas by this afternoon I'll put up the test forum again and see if it happens in both.

Till then.... - Any ideas?

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

IMHO, this mod is still Alpha (which means there is still a lot of development going on. That means that providing an upgrade path would take too much time and slow down development. When new versions are made available, it would be best to uninstall (or just restore your test site and database) and re-install. And, remember, this is Alpha code. It should NOT be used on a production/live site.

alightner

Post by alightner »

sotis wrote:alightner,
what about this :D
I can't find settings for that

And can you provide some upgrade instruction with new release, please :)
alightner wrote:I think we're comparing apples to oranges here.
From what I understand sotis got the formatting changes to work when viewing an event in the week or day display... however on the day display I have headers at the top of the table that mark 12 am, 1am, etc. up to 11pm. He wants the headers to change to 0-23 hours. I can add an option in the calendar settings to do that. Also in event creation on my calendar I currently have the time in the pulldown menus listed from 00 to 23 for the hours. If I add the ACP option to switch between the 0-23 format and am/pm format it will effect both places.
This is an enhancement request, and I'm not adding any new functionality until the current funcationalty is bug free ;) As for the upgrade instructions... if you read the change log you'll see that the only changes are in files new to this mod so all you have to do is re-upload all the "new to this mod" files (or really you just need the files effected in the change log). No manual edits, means no instructions necessary.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

Gremlinn wrote:IMHO, this mod is still Alpha (which means there is still a lot of development going on. That means that providing an upgrade path would take too much time and slow down development. When new versions are made available, it would be best to uninstall (or just restore your test site and database) and re-install. And, remember, this is Alpha code. It should NOT be used on a production/live site.
No opinion about it, it IS Alpha. - Hence the [Alpha] in the title....

Anything other than an official (stable) release should only be used by those willing to test. (And traditionally, or at least in my experience as a tester, reporting bugs is usually appreciated....)

alightner

Post by alightner »

RigNalScIn wrote:Heres an interesting one... - I missed getting a screenshot of it (again) but what I've seen the past 2 nights now is that at some point in the evening it looks as though the week display thats shown on index.php reverts to showing the PAST 6 days instead of the NEXT 6 days. - Likewise, the highlighted current day flips from being displayed on the left to the right.

Changing the "Calendar Settings" on the ACP to "Display Next Events" and unchecking "Display Current Week" seems to work ok when this happens (which is what I've done to help avoid user complaints) but I'd rather keep "Display Current Week" set on instead of using the less graphic "next events" listing..

I'm still not sure at what point in time this behavior starts (or stops) OR if its style-specific since I removed the testing (vanilla phpBB3) install and have it running on my "production" forum which uses the WoWMaevahEmpire style. But if no one has any ideas by this afternoon I'll put up the test forum again and see if it happens in both.

Till then.... - Any ideas?
I'd need to see it to debug it... in otherwords you need to record what timezone your server is in, what timezone your forum is set to, what timezone your user account is set to, and then the timeframe in which this error occurs. Then maybe I could reproduce it and figure out what's going on.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

alightner wrote:I'd need to see it to debug it... in otherwords you need to record what timezone your server is in, what timezone your forum is set to, what timezone your user account is set to, and then the timeframe in which this error occurs. Then maybe I could reproduce it and figure out what's going on.
Sorry, I should've put all that in to begin with..

Server physically sits in my living room which is in (and set to) EST (GMT-5)
Board is set to: GMT-5
Date format is set to: D M d, Y g:i a
DST is currently set to: No
User account is set to: GMT-5
(I'm assuming guest accounts get tossed to whatever the server is set for - it happens whether I'm logged in or not though..)

As for when it occurs.. - Well, I know it was that way at around 23:30 EST last night and I'm pretty sure about this same time the night before, but I'm personally running on about 16 hrs of sleep in the last 100 hrs so I don't know if I'll be able to catch it and screenshot it tonight but I'll give it my best.. ;)

Also, I know that it WASN'T that way (it was displaying properly) between 1730 and 2030. I don't recall visiting the board between 2030 and 2330 - that was game time... :D

alightner

Post by alightner »

OK - I'll look into it when I can - if it happens around midnight... it may be a few days before I can look into it too ;)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

alightner

Post by alightner »

Also does it happen every night or only certain nights - ie mondays only. And what day do you have set to display as your first day of the week in your regular month view calendar?
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

alightner wrote:Also does it happen every night or only certain nights - ie mondays only. And what day do you have set to display as your first day of the week in your regular month view calendar?
Good call... - I haven't changed the default starting day since Sundays look best to me.

I've only seen it on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings so far as thats when I was able to get it in place on the "production" forum. (If you want to call it that, its just a teeny-tiny board for a very tiny Warcraft gaming guild..)

I'm dropping a fresh 0.0.2 in place on the same server now (with a fresh phpBB3 install on a fresh database) so I can go back to comparing between the 3 forums. Once thats in place, I'll see if I can trash all of them at once by advancing server (OS (WinXPSP2)) time to 2230 and checking it out... :twisted:

RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

Ok.... - Well, call off the hunt, its a style issue.

Thanks for looking though!

alightner

Post by alightner »

RigNalScIn wrote:Ok.... - Well, call off the hunt, its a style issue.

Thanks for looking though!
Wew - you had me worried ;)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

Sorry to be such a pest today.... (And also sorry if this was posted before..)

Would you mind giving a little direction in how the "New Event", "Day" and "Week" images (when in month view) are handled?

For some reason, even my fresh install isn't showing them yet your demo board does (even though when I view the output source from the demo board I'm still not seeing how they got there..)

This is output source I'm seeing for the demo calendar in month view as it pertains to the cell for Jan 31st, '08..

Code: Select all

<td valign="top" class="">
        <table width="100%">
          <tr><td class="bg3"><a href="./calendarpost.php?mode=post&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008">31</a><br>

<div class="buttons">
		  <div class="calendar-new-icon"><a href="./calendarpost.php?mode=post&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008" title="New Event"><span></span></a></div>		  <div class="calendar-day-icon"><a href="./calendar.php?view=day&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008" title="Day"><span></span></a></div>
		  		  <div class="calendar-week-icon"><a href="./calendar.php?view=week&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008" title="Week"><span></span></a></div>
		  </div>
          </td>
Empty <span> tags and yet the images are there.... :?

From my clean install earlier today (referencing same cell...)

<td valign="top" class="">
        <table width="100%">
          <tr><td class="bg3"><a href="./calendarpost.php?mode=post&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008">31</a><br>

<div class="buttons">
		  <div class="calendar-new-icon"><a href="./calendarpost.php?mode=post&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008" title="New Event"><span></span></a></div>		  <div class="calendar-day-icon"><a href="./calendar.php?view=day&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008" title="Day"><span></span></a></div>
		  		  <div class="calendar-week-icon"><a href="./calendar.php?view=week&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008" title="Week"><span></span></a></div>
		  </div>
          </td>
I've uploaded the contents of the "prosilver" folder and when I point my browser to "<root>/styles/prosilver/imageset/en/prosilver_day_icon.gif" I get the nifty little day icon that shows for the day view button on the demo board, but alas, even after re-uploading (and overwriting) and doing a cache purge and browser ctrl-F5, no images.... :cry:

urednik

Post by urednik »

The some problem with icons, but I will see tomorow, what is going on, now is too late ( 22:02 ).
I install calendar mod for last 4 hours..... terible... but I learn a lot...
THNX for great mod.

alightner

Post by alightner »

This is all you need in the template html file to display the image:

<div class="calendar-new-icon"><a href="./calendarpost.php?mode=post&calD=31&calM=1&calY=2008" title="New Event"><span></span></a></div>
The rest is *magic* LOL

1) Make sure you copy your images into your equivalent of styles/prosilver/imageset/en
2) Look again at the manual edits to styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg
3) Look again at the manual edits to styles/prosilver/theme/buttons.css
4) Look again at the manual edits to styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css
5) Look again at the manual edits to includes/acp/acp_language.php
6) Look again at the manual edits to includes/acp/acp_styles.php
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

ellud

Post by ellud »

Awesome Mod. Thanks for your hard work. The only request I would have is that it gets linked to topics. That way people could respond to the event as an RSVP, ask questions, or see who else is going, etc. I've been hoping a calendar would be worked on as I was really surprised one wasn't incorporated into the standard release. It's the one thing that will keep me from migrating to 3.0.

Also, when importing from 2.0, all of the Birthdays in the profiles seem to have been lost. More of a migration issue I think than this mod.

Thanks again and it looks great! :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”