[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
sotis

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.3 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by sotis »

I posted the event from 12PM to 2PM January 19 (the time is for my time zone, UTC-7)
For the server ( UTC+2) the same time is from 21PM to 23PM January 19 (but I didn't posted this time, I posted the time above which is right for my time zone)

All days before January 19 I have seen the new event on index page. In the morning (my time, UTC-7) on January 19, when I woke up I didn't see the event, but there wore still few hours to the beginning of the event. And then I thouth it is because the event is not shown on the same day.
When I changed my time settings to server time (UTC+2) I saw the event on the index. When I changed my time settings back to my time (UTC-7) the event was not there.
I didn't change the event at all.

I posted a new event for tomorow but now I am one day before the server time so I have to wait untill tomorow to see if this will happen again.
alightner

Post by alightner »

OK - I am duplicating the problem - might take a while to debug.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
alightner

Post by alightner »

sotis wrote:I posted the event from 12PM to 2PM January 19 (the time is for my time zone, UTC-7)
For the server ( UTC+2) the same time is from 21PM to 23PM January 19 (but I didn't posted this time, I posted the time above which is right for my time zone)

All days before January 19 I have seen the new event on index page. In the morning (my time, UTC-7) on January 19, when I woke up I didn't see the event, but there wore still few hours to the beginning of the event. And then I thouth it is because the event is not shown on the same day.
When I changed my time settings to server time (UTC+2) I saw the event on the index. When I changed my time settings back to my time (UTC-7) the event was not there.
I didn't change the event at all.

I posted a new event for tomorow but now I am one day before the server time so I have to wait untill tomorow to see if this will happen again.
OK - I have the fix now... open includes/functions_calendar.php and find the function display_next_events.
Near the top of that function is a line that says:

Code: Select all

$start_temp_date = mktime() - $user->timezone - $user->dst + date('Z');
Change it to read:

$start_temp_date = mktime();
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
sotis

Post by sotis »

alightner wrote:OK - I have the fix now... open includes/functions_calendar.php and find the function display_next_events.
Near the top of that function is a line that says:

$start_temp_date = mktime() - $user->timezone - $user->dst + date('Z');
Change it to read:

$start_temp_date = mktime();
Yes, now it is fine
Thanks for your earnest work :)
frechdaxx

Post by frechdaxx »

Can I install it with the chance to upgrade it to the next version? How high is the chance to be able to connect events to topics in future versions, as it is the most important feature to me. Also it would be nice if users can join events
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

frechdaxx wrote:Can I install it with the chance to upgrade it to the next version?
Upgrade paths more than likely will not be provided for the Alpha/Beta releases. However if you are comfortable with SQL you can read the change log and adjust things yourself. If you break it you will have to remove the mod and start with a fresh version.
frechdaxx wrote:How high is the chance to be able to connect events to topics in future versions, as it is the most important feature to me.
Alightner has already said on many occasions that this will NOT be added in the future. Current goals are to get a working/stable release and go gold. Once the mod goes gold she might work on this. On a different note anyone out there who implements a feature like this into her mod she will gladly review the necessary code changes if you submit them to her and if approved she will add the code to the mod.
frechdaxx wrote:Also it would be nice if users can join events
This is a planned feature for the near future. She wants to get the current feature requests located at viewtopic.php?f=70&t=666195#p3699875 done first and go gold.
frechdaxx

Post by frechdaxx »

SpaceDoG wrote: Alightner has already said on many occasions that this will NOT be added in the future. Current goals are to get a working/stable release and go gold. Once the mod goes gold she might work on this. On a different note anyone out there who implements a feature like this into her mod she will gladly review the necessary code changes if you submit them to her and if approved she will add the code to the mod.
Sad to hear :( This would be the perfect Mod for me with this feature, because this will get every event a chance to be discusses about.
SpaceDoG wrote: This is a planned feature for the near future. She wants to get the current feature requests located at viewtopic.php?f=70&t=666195#p3699875 done first and go gold.
Like it seems here every future request for the first release is done?
* ACP configurable - done
* Personal events - done
* Public events - done
* Birthdays using RC5's Birthday features - done
* Admin configurable event types - done
* Event levels -done
* All day/timed events - done
* List of upcoming events on index - done
* Permissions for who can create events etc. - done
* Auto Pruning of past events - won't be available on first release
* Recurring events - won't be available on first release
So the gold version will be the next to come out? I'm just aksing because I'm not able to do the sql changes myself, so I need to have the instructions ;)
alightner

Post by alightner »

frechdaxx wrote:So the gold version will be the next to come out? I'm just aksing because I'm not able to do the sql changes myself, so I need to have the instructions ;)
No - I'm still adding bug fixes and minor enhancements - I will release it when I'm ready, and will not provide deadlines as this is a "community service" project... not my real job ;) Anyone is welcome to work on creating a mod for topic calendar support that works on top of my mod, but it is not a personal requirement, so I have no plans to implement this feature.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
RigNalScIn

Post by RigNalScIn »

Many, many thanks again for putting this out there!
Eyco

Post by Eyco »

Hi!

I have some little problems with my calendar. Maybe you can help me...

First thing:
The buttons for new event (the small star), show week and show month aren't shown in my calendar - even if I select them in the ACP. Nevertheless it all works ;-)

Second thing:
I tried to translate it into German, but the languagefiles don't accept the german mutated vowels (like ä, ö, ü, ß). Has anyone an idea, how to solve that?

Third thing:
I created an event starting at 6 pm (my timezone ist UTC+1). In the calendar, the event details and the upcoming events it is shown starting at 5 pm. How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Eyco
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

Eyco wrote:Hi!

I have some little problems with my calendar. Maybe you can help me...

First thing:
The buttons for new event (the small star), show week and show month aren't shown in my calendar - even if I select them in the ACP. Nevertheless it all works ;-)
Did you clear the imageset cache?
Eyco wrote: Second thing:
I tried to translate it into German, but the languagefiles don't accept the german mutated vowels (like ä, ö, ü, ß). Has anyone an idea, how to solve that?
Did you save the files as UTF-8? If I'm not mistaken there is already a german language file out there.
Eyco wrote: Third thing:
I created an event starting at 6 pm (my timezone ist UTC+1). In the calendar, the event details and the upcoming events it is shown starting at 5 pm. How can I fix that?
What timezone is the board set to?
Eyco

Post by Eyco »

1) Yes, I cleared the cache many times ;-)

2) There is a german language file? I haven't found it yet. Do you know, where I can get it?

3) My board is set to UTC+1
alightner

Post by alightner »

Eyco wrote:2) There is a german language file? I haven't found it yet. Do you know, where I can get it?
I haven't packaged up the german translation yet, but someone has sent it to me... I just need time to sort through all the submitted translations and make sure the install instructions look ok before posting them for download. I will do this whenever I have a free minute.

Are you sure your personal timezone was set correctly when you created the event? When you create an event it will factor out your personal timezone (and store the event with respect to the forum timezone). So if you change your personal timezone (after having created the event) then the next time you view the event it will appear at a different time with respect to your new timezone. If you haven't changed timezones perhaps you missed a step in the installation? This is the type of bug I'm sure someone would have reported by now if it were a real problem for the mod - sounds like a localized problem on your board.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
alightner

Post by alightner »

Eyco wrote:1) Yes, I cleared the cache many times ;-)
Clearing your cache is NOT enough... you must "refresh" your imageset and theme in your style!
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Eyco

Post by Eyco »

The problem with the icons soved by itself... I don't know why ;-) But if I create a group event (and let the next upcoming events shown on the index page), everything in the online-list and statistics is written in the colour of that group. That only happens, if I use IE instead of Firefox. Might there be a bug in the calendar_next_events_on_index.html?

Concerning the time-problem... I haven't found any mistake at the installation and I haven't changed the timezone. Every event after February starts and ends 1 hour too early. And that bug also effects YOUR demo calendar. ;-)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”