[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
alightner

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by alightner »

divigo wrote:While making a document to send to friends of mine I discovered several mistakes in the translation to dutch.
I have made the changes for you so if you could update the files that would be great.
LOL - I don't speak Dutch, and would have no way to validate your proposed changes. If you look at the first post in this thread (where you found the link to download the Ducth language pack) it lists the owner of that language pack. The owner is hosting it on their server, so even if I had the ability to validate your changes, I don't have access to change the files on their server. Try sending a PM to the owner of that language pack to discuss your proposed changes.

Thanks!
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

divigo

Post by divigo »

I send him a PM with all information in it.

What about the other translations i'm working on.
Can I post them here or not?

For example I think ill have the swedish translation next week.
But a friend of mine will make the translation.
How do you handle that kind of stuff?

Other languages coming up:
Tjech - Danish - Finnish - Noorwegian - Polish - Portugees - Spanish.

Gr Dennis

alightner

Post by alightner »

divigo wrote:I send him a PM with all information in it.

What about the other translations i'm working on.
Can I post them here or not?

For example I think ill have the swedish translation next week.
But a friend of mine will make the translation.
How do you handle that kind of stuff?

Other languages coming up:
Tjech - Danish - Finnish - Noorwegian - Polish - Portugees - Spanish.

Gr Dennis
first post in this thread wrote:Languages:(if you translate the mod please post the URL to your translation so I can add it)
For more details try this: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4968125
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

ncc50446

Post by ncc50446 »

If only someone could translate this into Klingon...lol

legolas82

Post by legolas82 »

legolas82 wrote:is it possible to dispay the upcoming event on any page (outside the forum) i sure hope so! I couldnt find it on this forum..
no one?

Adam_PHP

Post by Adam_PHP »

Hello,

I believe I have a unique problem. Everything works fine for me, except one very large detail. Whenever I click on an event or try to browse to a date with the dropdown menu, I get -- "The requested topic does not exist." I know that it does exist because I can read the plaintext Event titles in the mysql database.I've combed over the edits multiple time, but cannot find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
-Adam

thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

Update phpBB 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 with [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 installed

The 3.0.1-automatic updater script claimed that there were several files which it couldn't merge with the new ones.

After having a closer look I found out that these were functions.php, constants.php, a few acp*.php and overall-header.html.

Looking at the diffs (side-by-side-view) there were a few code-lines from the calendar-MOD (of course a few more from other MODs).

I opened install.xml of the calendar-MOD and checked all edits. After re-editing functions.php and constants.php the calendar was back again and worked as usually.
Best Regards

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

legolas82 wrote:
legolas82 wrote:is it possible to dispay the upcoming event on any page (outside the forum) i sure hope so! I couldnt find it on this forum..
no one?
Do you mean "on any webpage" with "outside the forum"?

I guess not, how should a phpbb-driven page be displayed on any page?
Best Regards

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

BeyondHelp

Post by BeyondHelp »

Easy question (probably):

I want my 'show up on the index' event lists to show up to non-logged in guests. But no matter where I put that in index_body or overall_header it only shows up twice to logged in users, and guests can't see. I've double checked to make sure guests have 'view item' permissions.

Any advice?

alightner

Post by alightner »

BeyondHelp wrote:Easy question (probably):

I want my 'show up on the index' event lists to show up to non-logged in guests. But no matter where I put that in index_body or overall_header it only shows up twice to logged in users, and guests can't see. I've double checked to make sure guests have 'view item' permissions.

Any advice?
There is something wrong with your permissions... I just changed the demo board so that guests had limited calendar privileges (ie they could see events, but not create new ones) and the next upcoming events instantly appeared on the index page for guests.

To double check things go to your ACP->Permissions tab. Then at the very bottom left select "View user-based permissions". Select "Anonymous" from the list of available users and click view permissions. When viewing permissions for the Anonymous user select the Calendar tab and if you don't see a green filled square in the "Can view events" row, that's your problem. To figure out how that permission value is calculated click on the icon that looks like a circle with an arrow (it should be just to the left of where you see "Can view events"). Now you should see a graphical display of what permissions are already set and used to calculate that value, so you know what you need to change before anonymous users will be able to see events.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

BeyondHelp

Post by BeyondHelp »

Thank you. I found that the Anonymous user did not have view permissions. When I set it to have view permissions, my index stopped working (when logged out only -- it's fine if you're logged in) and I got this error:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ) ) AND ((( event_start_time >= 1209473042 AND event_star [1064]
I'm not even sure which file this is to fix. :-(

alightner

Post by alightner »

BeyondHelp wrote:Thank you. I found that the Anonymous user did not have view permissions. When I set it to have view permissions, my index stopped working (when logged out only -- it's fine if you're logged in) and I got this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ) ) AND ((( event_start_time >= 1209473042 AND event_star [1064]
I'm not even sure which file this is to fix. :-(
Funny, I couldn't reproduce that error when I tested it this morning - I'm willing to bet it's something wrong with your install. Please post a link to your site so I can view this error, and look for other clues.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

BeyondHelp

Post by BeyondHelp »

(event_access_level = 1 AND ('.$db->sql_escape($group_options).') ) ) AND
                                        ((( event_start_time >= '.$db->sql_escape($start_temp_date).' AND event_start_time <= '.$db->sql_escape($end_temp_date).' ) OR
It's that line actually.

PHP Version 5.2.5
mySQL Server version: 4.0.27-standard
Apache 2.6.9-22 (I think)
Last edited by BeyondHelp on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alightner

Post by alightner »

BeyondHelp wrote:

(event_access_level = 1 AND ('.$db->sql_escape($group_options).') ) ) AND
                                        ((( event_start_time >= '.$db->sql_escape($start_temp_date).' AND event_start_time <= '.$db->sql_escape($end_temp_date).' ) OR
It's that line actually.

Let me turn it back on again.

PHP Version 5.2.5
mySQL Server version: 4.0.27-standard
Apache 2.6.9-22 (I think)
OK - I see the full error message, you can turn it back off - I'm headed into work, will have to troubleshoot more later.
Last edited by alightner on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

BeyondHelp

Post by BeyondHelp »

Resolved: Somehow Anonymous was not a member of any group -- so a query against the group options was naturally failing.

THANK YOU! :-)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”