[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
emerald

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner)

Post by emerald »

alightner wrote:I think emerald meant that they were trying to post a calendar (perahps upcoming events or current week) in the overall header. I don't personally recommend this for performance reasons... why not just add it to the index and forum pages? Is it really necessary to show up in the UCP, and worse on the calendar page itself? Anyway, the reason you get an empty template is because you're not calling the php function to generate the calendar on any page besides the index. Look at the edits to index.php... note you have to include add a calendar include file, and call a function to populate the data in the calendar. You would need to move that into a page that gets loaded for EVERY page in the forum... look for file where you define U_CALENDAR (the url for the calendar that's displayed in overall header) that's probably a good place to add the code that was in index.php if you want the calendar on every page, not just the index.
thx a lot for your explanation :)
it sounds like a lot to do and i have to admit, i forgot the performance reasons...
so i think, i will choose a few pages (perhaps index and viewforum...) that should be enough then ;)

tonydeni

Post by tonydeni »

Hey alightner,

I just want to say "sweet job on this..."

Here is what my setup turned out to look like...
http://www.dceca.com/events.php

Plus I have it showing events on certain pages. And I was able to create the ability to dynamically call the calendar from any page I want it to show.

Thank you so much for sharing this mod with us.

Very nice job.
TonyD

SuperTigrou

Post by SuperTigrou »

I verify MySQL entry and see that i have a lot of element in double. I delete this.

I have modified the name of table. For exemple :

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `phpbb_calendar_config` (
  `config_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `config_value` varchar(255) NOT NULL
);
become

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `phpbb[b]3[/b]_calendar_config` (
  `config_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `config_value` varchar(255) NOT NULL
);
I have modified all the request but sould i modify an other file ?

SuperTigrou

Post by SuperTigrou »

ok by deleting entry in double i have the tab for configuration in ACP :P

But I don't know how to add a new event. In ACP, in "permissions" tab i have turn on all permission for me.

but when i go to calendarpost.php i have this message :
Information

Vous n'avez pas la permission de créer des événements.

SuperTigrou

Post by SuperTigrou »

It's ok :P :P

Thank you for your help.

I have 1 bug : the format of date is 12 am/pm but i have configure to have 24H.

alightner

Post by alightner »

SuperTigrou wrote:It's ok :P :P

Thank you for your help.

I have 1 bug : the format of date is 12 am/pm but i have configure to have 24H.
I can't reproduce this in the demo... what page are you on when you see the 12 am/pm? I changed the demo to use the 24H format and when you go to create a new event, you specify the start and end time via 24 hours, not 12 am/pm. When you view the events in a given day day the hours across the top of the calendar list 0-23. If your complaining about the format of the textual event details, for example: http://www.phpbbcalendar.com/301/calend ... &calEid=83 shows an event with the to and from time listed as 12am. That is not a bug, it's working as designed... the format of the textual representation of a date for the entire forum (not just this mod) is controlled by the user specified date format in the UCP. You have to go into the UCP->Board Preferences->Edit global settings->My date format to change the format of that date.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

jdnyc

Post by jdnyc »

I have this installed but I can't figure out where to add a new event. I have searched this post, the forum and have had no luck.

The calendar looks fine but I see no actionable links or buttons. I can change views and have the calendar tabs in ACP.

Admin permissions are all set to us. I have also purged the cache.

Please help!

-Jim

damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

jdnyc wrote:I have this installed but I can't figure out where to add a new event. I have searched this post, the forum and have had no luck.

The calendar looks fine but I see no actionable links or buttons. I can change views and have the calendar tabs in ACP.

Admin permissions are all set to us. I have also purged the cache.

Please help!

-Jim
just clicking the number on any given date on the calendar opens the create an event page for me.
My coolest mods: My Page; User Reminder; PJIRC CHAT

jdnyc

Post by jdnyc »

damienhbg wrote:
just clicking the number on any given date on the calendar opens the create an event page for me.
Wow... quick response. Thanks!

None of my numbers are clickable. In fact, nothing in the entire calendar is clickable. I can use the dropdowns to sort but nothing else is interactive.

https://jimdavidson.org/forum/calendar.php

Any other ideas?

-J

alightner

Post by alightner »

jdnyc wrote:
damienhbg wrote:
Wow... quick response. Thanks!

None of my numbers are clickable. In fact, nothing in the entire calendar is clickable. I can use the dropdowns to sort but nothing else is interactive.

https://jimdavidson.org/forum/calendar.php

Any other ideas?

-J
If you can't click on the number to create an event, then you don't just have a style problem with missing icons - you have a permission or installation problem. Most likely it's a permission problem. Giving yourself admin calendar permissions will NOT give you permission to create events. You need to spend some time learning the phpbb permissions system. There are user level, moderator level, and admin level permissions. The user level calendar permissions contain the ability to create new events.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

jdnyc

Post by jdnyc »

Thanks! I found it. For reference in case anyone had issues with the Permissions section of the install doc....

1) Go to the permissions tab
2) On the left nav, click the Users' Permissions link under the Global Permissions section
3) Enter your admin username or the username of the person you want to allow permissions of the calendar and search
4) Click Advanced Permissions on the resulting page and adjust the Calendar tab.

Thanks again for the quick responses!

-J

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I installed this great mod on my Prosilver and BF-Vista style but in BF-vista it is just ugly. This style is based on Subsilver2. Is here somebody who can help me and who knows how to rewrite the html and css to fit in subsilver2 based styles? If I have some subsilver2 html's, I can continue to adjust them for my BF-vista. :)

I think that if someone writes some instructions for subsilver2 (including icons), it would make this mod even more popular. ;)

Greetings,

Nic

Sir Charles
Name: Martin

Post by Sir Charles »

Hello!

I've build in my prosilver board your marvellous mod. Everything seems to work (setting of events), permissons were set, but: there's no link to the calendar in my Overall_header (changes applied) and it isn't displayed in the index.php. Furthermore, the look of the calendar is quite weird (http://geschichteforum.at/calendar.php): all is blue, but Dates are clickable.

I have loaded all images etc. to the correct positions. is it possible that I've made an mistake in editing the changes for the english language to the german files also? I've found only the package from thomas d. with the appropriate german files but no installation guide for changes in german files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sir Charles

alightner

Post by alightner »

Sir Charles wrote:Everything seems to work (setting of events), permissons were set, but: there's no link to the calendar in my Overall_header (changes applied) and it isn't displayed in the index.php. Furthermore, the look of the calendar is quite weird (http://geschichteforum.at/calendar.php): all is blue, but Dates are clickable.
Please read the troubleshooting tips... the solution to your problem is listed in that section on the install guide.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

Sir Charles wrote:... is it possible that I've made an mistake in editing the changes for the english language to the german files also? I've found only the package from thomas d. with the appropriate german files but no installation guide for changes in german files.
Hi SC,

there's no need for an installation guide for changes in german files.

After downloading the lang file-zip just copy the 4 files into the appropriate folders:

\root\language\de\calendar.php
\root\language\de\calendarpost.php

\root\language\de\acp\permissions_calendar.php

\root\language\de\mods\calendar.php
Best Regards

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”