[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sir Charles
Name: Martin

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner)

Post by Sir Charles »

thomas.d wrote: After downloading the lang file-zip just copy the 4 files into the appropriate folders:

\root\language\de\calendar.php
\root\language\de\calendarpost.php

\root\language\de\acp\permissions_calendar.php

\root\language\de\mods\calendar.php
I've done this but when I don't edit common.php and comon and styles.php in acp-folder, the Tabs weren't displayed correctly in ACP-Panel. Changes to imageset.cfg for german are also necessary, aren't they?

I've also made the steps mentioned in Troubleshooting, but this had no effect. I've also uploaded the images vom folder "imageset" to the german folder. What else can I have missed out?

Link to calendar is now shown in overall_header... there's an mistake in changing:

when

Code: Select all

<li class="icon-pages"><a href="{U_CALENDAR}">{L_CALENDAR}</a></li>
is filled in AFTER

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
it will not be displayed....

thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

Sir Charles wrote:... but when I don't edit common.php and comon and styles.php in acp-folder, the Tabs weren't displayed correctly in ACP-Panel. ...
Of course, sorry, I haven't got you before ... :oops:

The changes in language/en/acp/common.php, language/en/acp/styles.php, language/en/common.php, styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg have to be made accordingly in the /de/-folder as this is your board language (I assume ...).
Best Regards

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

andrewsghost

Post by andrewsghost »

I made the changes to the appropriate files as listed in the installation guide. I uploaded the files to my server, purged the cache (manually and on the ACP), but nothing is working or showing up on my board. I am fairly new to all this and could use some help. My board is at http://www.cranechurch.com/phpBB3. I am also getting error messages when I access http://www.cranechurch.com/phpBB3/calendar.php. Any help would be great. Is there anywhere to download phpBB3 with all the mods already installed properly? Thanks!

Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

thomas.d wrote: Of course, sorry, I haven't got you before ... :oops:

The changes in language/en/acp/common.php, language/en/acp/styles.php, language/en/common.php, styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg have to be made accordingly in the /de/-folder as this is your board language (I assume ...).
No Problem... I kept my changes (after my very free translation), but the problem with the blue Calender and the missing icons persists. I will doublecheck the mod installation, but don't think I've done something wrong because Event management etc. works perfectly.

@andrewsghost: As far as I can see you haven't executed the SQL commands for your database...

andrewsghost

Post by andrewsghost »

I am too new at this. Maybe I am over my head. How do i execute the MySQL commands? Do I do it from my database manager?

Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

yes, in phpmyadmin (or however your MySQL Manager is called) there's a Tab "SQL" where you fill in the commands and execute them.

alightner

Post by alightner »

Sir Charles wrote:No Problem... I kept my changes (after my very free translation), but the problem with the blue Calender and the missing icons persists. I will doublecheck the mod installation, but don't think I've done something wrong because Event management etc. works perfectly.
I don't think you did anything "wrong" to get the dark blue calendar... it's a common problem, but it's usually a cache problem that causes it... did you refresh each part of the style (not just purge the main cache) since your latest changes?
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

alightner wrote:I don't think you did anything "wrong" to get the dark blue calendar... it's a common problem, but it's usually a cache problem that causes it... did you refresh each part of the style (not just purge the main cache) since your latest changes?
everything refreshed several times... :?

alightner

Post by alightner »

Well then you can double check all of the steps in the prosilver install guide, but I know your calendar looks like what my calendar looks like on a fresh install when I've failed to purge and refresh all the parts of my style. Perhaps there's more then one thing you can do to make it look like that.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Edit: I've done all steps again and now it works... I don't know how but I thank you very much for your help! :oops:

getalinks

Post by getalinks »

I tried searching for this like you mentioned in your first post, but didn't get a result, so...

Is there a way to minimize the calendar on the forums like I currently have on the index of my site (little "calendar" with a gold arrow by it at the top, right)

http://www.universaltcgs.com/index.

I'm just curious if I'm missing it.

Thanks.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

I was going to ask the same.... something a bit smaller on index.php would be nice.

alightner

Post by alightner »

There is a week display on index you can turn on (as shown in the first post): http://phpbbcalendar.com/screenshots/3_ ... _index.jpg
or you can display the next x events (where you define x) on the index:
http://phpbbcalendar.com/screenshots/3_ ... _index.jpg
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

getalinks

Post by getalinks »

So, I take it there's nothing like what's on my site? How difficult would it be to add a feature like being able to conceal the calander until clicked on like at Universal? I'm only asking because not everyone (Well, most people don't) uses the calander there. IT's mainly for the staff to keep track of things.

I guess what I'm asking is is how hard would a part of code be to make yours function like mine does now?

Thanks for letting me a pest! :)

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

getalinks: That shouldn't be hard at all. It looks like you have the phpbb2 calendar "hiding thingy" :) You should be able to use the same html header code and .js file and wrap the piece of calendar code from this mod inside. It would look pretty sharp.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”