[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
SLACKER_

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner)

Post by SLACKER_ » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey there,

I have tried installing the mod, but have got an error now on the main index header and also in the admin section header.

This is the error:

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/includes/functions.php on line 3761

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/includes/functions.php on line 3763

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/includes/functions.php on line 3764

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/includes/functions.php on line 3765

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/includes/functions.php on line 3761

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/includes/functions.php on line 3763

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/includes/functions.php on line 3764

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/slacker/public_html/clanforum/includes/functions.php on line 3765
Any ideas, I am fairly new to this thing...

Thanks in advance,

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:03 pm

SLACKER_: What did you use to edit the language file (common.php)? I would guess notepad, but at least something that doesn't save in UTF-8 w/o BOM format. Use another tool such as notepad++ to save the file in that format.

yhchen

Post by yhchen » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 pm

-deleted-
Last edited by yhchen on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jerkstore11

Post by jerkstore11 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:08 am

Just share it Ruben, its not like this author is working on this anymore.

yhchen

Post by yhchen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:48 pm

-deleted-

X.Homer.X

Post by X.Homer.X » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Okay so, i installed this mod, and when i go to give myself permissions, there is no "calendar" tab to set permissions under like in the screenshot on the original post. I looked for duplicate entries by using

select * from phpbb_acl_options where auth_option like '%calendar%';
and there are no duplicates. Can anyone tell me what i did wrong?

alightner

Post by alightner » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:41 am

X.Homer.X wrote:Okay so, i installed this mod, and when i go to give myself permissions, there is no "calendar" tab to set permissions under like in the screenshot on the original post. I looked for duplicate entries by using

select * from phpbb_acl_options where auth_option like '%calendar%';
and there are no duplicates. Can anyone tell me what i did wrong?
Did you remember to install the module in the ACP?
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

X.Homer.X

Post by X.Homer.X » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:38 pm

yes i did. does it matter if i made a new category called "calendar" and put the modules in there?
but yes the modules are installed, and no permissions.

also, i have Cashmod 1.0.0 BETA 1 installed on my forum, would that matter?

absolutex

Post by absolutex » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Very nice MOD i love it

Sir Charles
Name: Martin

Post by Sir Charles » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi!

it's me again with the very same problem I had had. I've just installed the style prosilver_se, have deleted all cache, done all steps from Troubleshooting several times, but nothing changes. The calendar is greyed without icons. I KNOW, it looks like if i haven't cleared the cache, but i did it several times.

where else in the files i can search for a solution? Just change defined colours?

Link to Problem: http://geschichteforum.at/calendar.php

Help would be appreciated

Greetings

novanilla

Post by novanilla » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Sir Charles - Have you set all of the permissions correctly? This will be either under "group permissions" or under permission roles, whichever is easiest on your site.

Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:37 pm

erm, as said, i had this problem before on the very same forum. i've just installed a new style. Am i mistaken or is it indeed unnecessary to set new permissons for just adding a new style?

alightner

Post by alightner » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:26 pm

I see icons, and everything looks fine to me on the calendar at the link your provided . Perhaps you're using a web browser with a cached version of the webpage (ie your seeing an old version of the calendar page that was stored on your computer by your browser - and has nothing to do with the cache options inside of phpbb)??? Try clearing out the browser cache and temporary files to see if that fixes things for you.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi!

Please look again on that link, the guest style was set to prosilver.

alightner

Post by alightner » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:49 pm

In the mod there were instructions for edits to your prosilver style - these instructions define the calendars background colors, calendar icons, etc. Are you sure you made all of these same edits properly for the new style? The new style doesn't automatically support the calendar, you must make changes to the style to add calendar support.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”