[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Joshua203
Name: Joshua 203

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by Joshua203 »

Ledsen Arkangel wrote:I don't think that anyone asked me anything, though.
I for one am glad at least someone catches my drift :D (I doubt if Lumpy even viewed my callendar to see the difference, sadly I could not view his either :( )
Black pearl edits (which is what I edited to) are just a step deeper/harder than subsilver edits.
Ledsen Arkangel wrote:I don't believe it's valid xhtml. You should never ever remove alt from img-tag
Correct ;)

About a topics callendar? I would not know what to expect of it tbh.
I have a mini cal in the portal that should refer to unanwered topics since the clicked date (if it would work correct because somewhere down the line I must have broken it and I don't think I have the time to find whats wrong anymore :( )
http://DutchaGoGo.com (development/under construction ..forever?¿?) ;)
FrancescoVilla

Post by FrancescoVilla »

Hi all, I just installed this mod (first mod installation ever, and I'm no expert with phpbb... everything was ok!) and I have a couple of questions. I have a forum for my archery club and I'm using the calendar to manage athletes subscriptions to other clubs events: I create by hand all the events and athletes will sign up for the events that they want.

1. is it possible to have a topic automatically created for each event? So people can discuss about a specific event.
2. is it possible to batch create all the events? Since I need to create 60 to 80 events each time (once a year but this must be done quickly) this would be a great feature to me. I can create a CSV file with all the details, it's no problem.

Thank you
Francesco
coupons

Post by coupons »

Whenever a guest, non-logged in user views our calendar events the time it shows for them is off by 8 hours.
If the user logs in the time displays correctly. What setting do I need to change to fix this?

Regular forum posts in phpBB3 display correctly for guests, it only seems to effect the calendar events which is very confusing for users.

Thanks,
Coupons!
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

coupons wrote:Whenever a guest, non-logged in user views our calendar events the time it shows for them is off by 8 hours.
If the user logs in the time displays correctly. What setting do I need to change to fix this?

Regular forum posts in phpBB3 display correctly for guests, it only seems to effect the calendar events which is very confusing for users.

Thanks,
Coupons!
I'm pretty sure that's because you have a different Guest timezone. Go to board settings and change the Guest timezone if you wish.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
coupons

Post by coupons »

The guest time shows correctly on the forums. The guest timezone in board settings is set to UTC - 4 Atlantic Timezone which is correct. Only on the calendar page when I view an event, the start/end time is 4 hrs less than what it should be. If event start time is entered as 9:00am for a guest it shows as 5:00am.

Is there some timezone configuration in the Calendar mod that I need to do because the guest timezone in the board setting is correct.

Thanks!
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

Is the event creator on a different timezone maybe?
BTW... where is your calendar? can't find it :?
coupons

Post by coupons »

"Is the event creator on a different timezone maybe?" Do you mean the person posting the calendar entry?

The main phpbb3 forum board is located here. http://www.ccpoolplayers.com/messageboard
The time displays correctly here.

The calendar mod is located here, a sample event http://ccpoolplayers.com/messageboard/c ... &calEid=19
The event time is 4 hrs off here for guests viewing the calendar, once a user logs in, the time is correct.

Thanks!
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

Thanks for the link (hard to load pages btw)
coupons wrote:Do you mean the person posting the calendar entry?
Yes exactly ;)

I have as guest UTC-4 indeed but also on the calendar pages.
kiz2004

Post by kiz2004 »

Hi Alightner,
I'm using your mod. First of all, congratulations for the amazing mod!

I'd like to use it on another style, instead of prosilver or subsilver.
I'm using the art-air style.

Everything works perfectly, but i can't see the icons. Can you tell me the steps to solve this problem?

Thanks
Marco
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

Which icons exactly? (example link please?)

All styles are based on one or the other (either pro... or sub...) so you need the edits that match the style your style is based upon.

Have you checked if the icons you mean are uploaded to the correct directory? or even uploaded at all?
kiz2004

Post by kiz2004 »

Joshua203 wrote:Which icons exactly? (example link please?)

All styles are based on one or the other (either pro... or sub...) so you need the edits that match the style your style is based upon.

Have you checked if the icons you mean are uploaded to the correct directory? or even uploaded at all?

You can see the forum at this link
http://www.panda4x4.info.cloud.seeweb.it/forum/

The icon i want to see are new event, day, week, edit, delete etc..
I uploaded icons in the artair/imageset/en

Then? what i have to do?
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

did you refresh the image set? (!assuming you don't use acp for editting!)
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

I ran the art-air style for a while and you have to do some different edits to get the icons to show up. I will see if I can find them but I havent used that style in a while so no promises. Something to do with the way the style handles the CSS as its a lot different then the standard prosilver.
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

As far as I could see the icons are there, the cfg edits are correct and css edits where there too... I must admit I'm not familiar with either this style or even prosilver.. which is why i think the imageset was never refreshed after the edits in cfg file ;)

EDIT:
ps... If you happen to do your edits via acp, you needto recompile the style before refresh (otherwise you loose the edits!)
leschek

Post by leschek »

Those icons are in styles\your_style\imageset\en directory. If you use non English language, check if you uploaded icons into your language folder and try delete browser cache (Ctrl + F5).

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”