[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
BauerHorst

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by BauerHorst »

Hi!

First i want ti thank you for your mod, great work!

But i have a problem: I have succesfully installed the mod and it works fine, but i cant see any icons in the week-view, any ideas?

Second Problem: Where can i change the colours of the calendar?

greetz, Horst

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

Hello!

Horst, I think you haven't set the permissions. Go to your group/user and go through the user/mod/admin permissions, also purge cache.

But I have another problem: I read through many site here, and haven't found a solution:
I can't set permissions and the modules (Calendar Settings, Manage Event Calendar Types) could be installed, are activated, are shown in the ACP->Systems->ACP tabs, but they are neither shown in the ACP itself nor in the drop-down list "select a module" where normally all activated modules are shown.
I purged cache, purged all templates, cleared browser cache, used other browser, etc.
Also I can set permissions - but they are not safed but instead always when logging out reverted... I can also see the calendar frontend.
I double-checked if I followed everything, entries in MySQL are correct, or they seem to be correct.

Could you give me a hint?

Regards Michael

alightner

Post by alightner »

Tienchen wrote:Hello!
But I have another problem: I read through many site here, and haven't found a solution:
I can't set permissions and the modules (Calendar Settings, Manage Event Calendar Types) could be installed, are activated, are shown in the ACP->Systems->ACP tabs, but they are neither shown in the ACP itself nor in the drop-down list "select a module" where normally all activated modules are shown.
I purged cache, purged all templates, cleared browser cache, used other browser, etc.
Also I can set permissions - but they are not safed but instead always when logging out reverted... I can also see the calendar frontend.
I double-checked if I followed everything, entries in MySQL are correct, or they seem to be correct.

Could you give me a hint?

Regards Michael
My best guess is that all of your troubles are coming from the same permissions problem.

Please confirm if on the ACP->System->Admin Control Panel page, between the "Create New Module" and "Add Module" buttons you are able to see the "Calendar [acp_calendar]", "Calendar Settings", and "Manage Calendar Event Types". Then confirm if in the pulldown menu below where it says "Select a Module" that the calendar modules are unavailable.

Your also having some other problem with your permissions... if you set them in the ACP they aren't saved? You also mentioned a problem with logging out... are you getting logged out of the forum automatically (if so then your board settings for cookies are incorrect)?

start by running this command:

Code: Select all

select * from phpbb_acl_options where auth_option like '%calendar%';
then post the results here
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

Hi alightner!

Thanks for your quick reply.
alightner wrote:
Please confirm if on the ACP->System->Admin Control Panel page, between the "Create New Module" and "Add Module" buttons you are able to see the "Calendar [acp_calendar]", "Calendar Settings", and "Manage Calendar Event Types". Then confirm if in the pulldown menu below where it says "Select a Module" that the calendar modules are unavailable.
I can confirm both, like on this screenshots here:
http://www.zweiwelt.com/module-calendar-1.png
http://www.zweiwelt.com/module-calendar-2.png

This one showing the detail page of the active Calendar Setting:
http://www.zweiwelt.com/module-calendar-3.png
alightner wrote:
Your also having some other problem with your permissions... if you set them in the ACP they aren't saved? You also mentioned a problem with logging out... are you getting logged out of the forum automatically (if so then your board settings for cookies are incorrect)?

start by running this command:

I also created a screenshot from this results in phpMyAdmin (using PHP 5.2.5/MySQL 5.0.45/Apache2):
http://www.zweiwelt.com/auth_option-calendar-1.png

I hope this are the right actions.
Thanks for your time.

Regards Michael

alightner

Post by alightner »

Tienchen wrote:start by running this command:

I also created a screenshot from this results in phpMyAdmin (using PHP 5.2.5/MySQL 5.0.45/Apache2):
http://www.zweiwelt.com/auth_option-calendar-1.png
As I suspected, you have a very serious problem with your permissions. Notice that you have two of each calendar related permission in this table? You must have ignored the instructions that said not to run the sql command to edit the acl_options table more than once. Notes about the bad things that happen from duplicate entries in the acl_options table are ALL over the installation instructions (and this post thread).

Now that you have duplicate permissions in that table - the rest of your calendar is completely broken. Start by removing the duplicate entries. Then try to reset all of the permissions the way that you want them for each of your users and groups. Now try to finish setting up your calendar.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

legolas82

Post by legolas82 »

thomas.d wrote:
legolas82 wrote:
legolas82 wrote:is it possible to dispay the upcoming event on any page (outside the forum) i sure hope so! I couldnt find it on this forum..
no one?
Do you mean "on any webpage" with "outside the forum"?

I guess not, how should a phpbb-driven page be displayed on any page?
yes, i mean that, just like you can show your latest topics/post on any webpage (outside the forum)
Hope someone can help me

Xenofur

Post by Xenofur »

Ok, i'm also one of the guys who has problems with getting the ACP options of the calendar mod to show up. Here's my situation:

I started out with a basic 3.0.0 install to which i got assigned as admin. Used PHPMyadmin to set my own account to founder by changing the user type to 3. Then added subsilver2 to that install and made it the default skin. Then i downloaded the auto-update to get phpbb to version 3.0.1 and installed that. Today i began installing your mod.

I did all steps in the xml files, with the small change of having all the css changes of the style moved to another css file. I rechecked the whole procedure 3 times, and am looking at the acl_options table, which shows zero duplicate entries. All files are copied and all changes are in place exactly as the xml files require them, except for one small thing: The copy instruction says php_calendar_version.php when it should be phpbb_calendar_version.php.

I cleared all style caches and refreshed the css, etc.

Next i added the administrative control module "Calendar Settings" to "ACP -> General -> Board configuration" and enabled it. It did not show up there.

Then i went to the permission tab, there i first checked under: "Permission masks -> View administrative permissions" for my own account. There is no tab for "Calendar" permissions.

Next i checked under "Global permissions -> Users’ permissions", again for my own account. Neither "User Permissions", nor "Global Moderator Permissions" nor "Admin Permissions" show any "Calendar" settings when i open the "Advanced Permissions" view.

Next i went to the "Permission Roles" -> "Admin Roles" section, clicked the edit button for "Full Admin", of which my account is a group of. There i could see a "Calendar" tab, which was red and contained one setting: "Can manage calendar settings and event types", which was set to "No". I set that to "Yes" and clicked "Submit". It then claimed that the role was successfully edited. However when i went into the permission settings for the Full Admin role again, the setting i just changed was reset to "No".

Last i went into "Permission Roles" -> "User Roles" and opened the permission settings of the "Standard Features" role. It also showed me a Calendar tab, wherein four disabled settings were. I again set one of them to "Yes" and submitted the change, which resulted in a positive response, but no actual action. When i tried to change more than of these settings at once, no matter which, the following SQL bug was the result:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate entry '6-0' for key 1 [1062]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_roles_data (role_id, auth_option_id, auth_setting) VALUES (6, 86, 1), (6, 88, 1), (6, 93, 1), (6, 109, 1), (6, 114, 1), (6, 0, 1), (6, 0, 1), (6, 85, 1)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 438
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/auth.php
LINE: 966
CALL: dbal->sql_multi_insert()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_permission_roles.php
LINE: 214
CALL: auth_admin->acl_set_role()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_permission_roles->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
As i have triple-checked anything i've done, and from the given behavior, i can only assume that there either is a bug in PHPBB 3.0.1 regarding the setting of new permissions, or an incompatibility of your mod with a change made in PHPBB 3.0.1.

I hope the given data helps you identify the problem.

Uchiha Sasuke

Post by Uchiha Sasuke »

i have a question. what do i need to do to apply the style changes to following style:
http://www.stsoftware.biz/phpbb30_style.avalon.html
i followed the instructions for the prosilver changes but the avalon theme had only these files:

styles/Avalon/imageset/en/imageset.cfg,
styles/Avalon/template/index_body.html,
styles/Avalon/template/overall_header.html,
styles/Avalon/theme/stylesheet.css

the following files are those the theme does not have:
styles/Avalon/theme/buttons.css,
styles/Avalon/theme/colours.css

when i made the changes and refreshed the theme. it was really messed up. can you provide instructions for avalon ?

alightner

Post by alightner »

Xenofur,
I'll have to take some time to upgrade to 3.0.1 myself before I can properly answer your questions... it sounds like a few others have the forum running on 3.0.1 (at least I think Thomas said he had it running) so I don't think it's incompatible, but this is a very very complicated mod, and many people failed at installing it in 3.0.0. because they skipped steps, or failed to read notes of caution in the install steps, so my best advice if you want to fix this before I have time to upgrade is to restore your backup files and backup database and try the installation again. Most people find that if they redo the steps, and read every line in the install steps that things go better on the second (or third) try.

Uchiha Sasuke - I don't have avalon, and as I've said before many times in this thread... I do not support any styles other then prosilver. You must figure this out for yourself.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Xenofur

Post by Xenofur »

I've read through the entire thread and have seen all these cases before, so i can understand why you think that i too failed to follow the instructions correctly. However, i went through the process 3 times and i can guarantee you, i followed it perfectly. If you do not believe me i can send you a dump of my forum files and of the relevant table. :)

Also note that i did not install it under 3.0.0, but under 3.0.1. In this thread there is only one report about a person having installed after upgrading to 3.0.1 and that report is as of yet also unresolved. ;)

I can even tell you that you need to start looking into exactly why it fails to create the corresponding database entries in the "phpbb_acl_roles_data" table, that link the roles in "phpbb_acl_roles" with the actual administrative options in "phpbb_acl_options".

Rubenmeister

Post by Rubenmeister »

To make this mod perfect users should have the ability to:
1) Register for a certain event.
2) Cancel Registration.

That would be awsome, please tell me this is a planned feature?

alightner

Post by alightner »

Xenofur wrote:I've read through the entire thread and have seen all these cases before, so i can understand why you think that i too failed to follow the instructions correctly. However, i went through the process 3 times and i can guarantee you, i followed it perfectly. If you do not believe me i can send you a dump of my forum files and of the relevant table. :)

Also note that i did not install it under 3.0.0, but under 3.0.1. In this thread there is only one report about a person having installed after upgrading to 3.0.1 and that report is as of yet also unresolved. ;)
You don't have to get so defensive... I said I'd help, but I said I'd help you when I have time to upgrade to 3.0.1. This mod never made claimed that it was 3.0.1 ready, so you installed it prematurely at your own risk. I tried to give you some pointers that could help before I have time to upgrade, and if those don't work for you, then please be patient and I'll get to your questions when this mod is officially 3.0.1 ready.

Perhaps others using 3.0.1 will have better tips for you.

Xenofur wrote:I can even tell you that you need to start looking into exactly why it fails to create the corresponding database entries in the "phpbb_acl_roles_data" table, that link the roles in "phpbb_acl_roles" with the actual administrative options in "phpbb_acl_options".
I don't believe this is necessary (at least not in 3.0.0)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

alightner

Post by alightner »

Rubenmeister wrote:To make this mod perfect users should have the ability to:
1) Register for a certain event.
2) Cancel Registration.

That would be awsome, please tell me this is a planned feature?
It's a repeated request... I haven't said that I will or won't implement it... it's all a matter of how much time I have available to add enhancements. This mod is what it is... it's a hobby project for me - not a paid job. Consequently, I don't like making too many promises about enhancements, if I don't know that I'll have time to implement them.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

alightner wrote:... I'll have to take some time to upgrade to 3.0.1 myself before I can properly answer your questions... it sounds like a few others have the forum running on 3.0.1 (at least I think Thomas said he had it running) so I don't think it's incompatible, ...
Yes, as I posted one page before, the calendar 0.0.7 works fine with 3.0.1 after re-editing a few phpbb-files with calendar-related edits, taken from install.xml.

I assume that the "Automatic-Updater"-script couldn't merge some of the new files with mine, because I might have some too large edits (Forum Statistics MOD and Arcade MOD).
Best Regards

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

BauerHorst

Post by BauerHorst »

thomas.d wrote:
alightner wrote:... I'll have to take some time to upgrade to 3.0.1 myself before I can properly answer your questions... it sounds like a few others have the forum running on 3.0.1 (at least I think Thomas said he had it running) so I don't think it's incompatible, ...
Yes, as I posted one page before, the calendar 0.0.7 works fine with 3.0.1 after re-editing a few phpbb-files with calendar-related edits, taken from install.xml.
Ich mach das hier mal kurz auf Deutsch :D

Kannst du mir sagen, welche Änderungen nötig waren, damit alles unter 3.0.1 läuft?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”