[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
alightner
Registered User
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by alightner »

dylan_cuthbert wrote:Hi there, as suggested I did the search and found the patch for hidden groups:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4978615

I don't think this is a bug in your stuff but when I "tested user permissions" for a user with less access than me, he could see the list of groups I would see. However if I actually logged in as that user the list is properly limited.

I think perhaps that whole "test user permissions" functionality in phpbb is a bit broken.
I had typed up a long answer for this question once before, so I'll go ahead and repost it here:
I'm pretty sure that when you test out a user's permissions it is all handled in the permission module to fake it out that you are a different user. So when you ask "do I have permission to ___" the permission function translates the question to "does user x have permission to___". When you query the permissions for a particular thing it will always return the correct result for the testing account.

However that's not what you were really testing... you see there is no "permission value" for "what groups am I a member of" - that's a direct table lookup. When group A has posting privileges to forum X and group B doesn't have posting privileges to forum x if you're a member of group A and attempt to post in forum X the permission module will ask "do I have permission to post to forum X" and it will check the permission table and return yes. When you test out the permissions for a member in group B it will ask "do I [as the test user] have permission to post to forum X" and then perform a permission table lookup and answer no.

We never ask the question "is this user a member of a group that can post to forum x". We simply ask if this user has permission to post to this forum. (the actual group/forum logic is tied together deep in the permission module itself when populating the permissions tables - and not accessed directly). This distinction is important... the permissions track specific capabilities - not what group you're a member of.

Because groups aren't translated directly into the permissions module... the groups available in the calendar aren't permission based. It simply says "who am i" and "what groups am I a member of" - that's not the same as asking "do I have permission to ____". In otherwords testing another user's permissions isn't the same as testing their groups (unless you ask a permission based question that related to their group).

Did that make any sense?
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

User avatar
derkubi
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:47 am
Contact:

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by derkubi »

Hello

There are so many posts and i dont know how to upgrade 0.0.4 , there is only install.xml .
/* WARNING: do NOT execute the SQL commands on the phpbb_acl_options table more
than once if you're upgrading from a previous installation of the calendar mod.
Executing this command more than once will add duplicate entries to the table
breaking your current permissions and causing the calendar to malfunction */
I only have to edit the files to upgrade ?
I am german , so sorry for my bad english !

alightner
Registered User
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by alightner »

derkubi wrote:Hello

There are so many posts and i dont know how to upgrade 0.0.4 , there is only install.xml .
/* WARNING: do NOT execute the SQL commands on the phpbb_acl_options table more
than once if you're upgrading from a previous installation of the calendar mod.
Executing this command more than once will add duplicate entries to the table
breaking your current permissions and causing the calendar to malfunction */
I only have to edit the files to upgrade ?
I'm pretty sure that there were SQL changes between 0.0.4 and 0.0.7, you need to run the other SQL commands, just be sure you don't run the sql command on the acl_options table again - if you run that during the upgrade things will go terribly wrong. As stated in the instructions, use kdiff3 to compare the install instructions from your old 0.0.4 install.xml and the 0.0.7 install.xml to see what changed.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

LeNeR
Registered User
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by LeNeR »

LeNeR wrote:Seems to be a great mod, but after adding an event I can't seem to find where to edit it. So where do I edit an event?
You need to make sure you gave yourself permission to edit events before you will see the button to let you edit events.[/quote]
I am pretty sure I gave myself the rights, but in case I have overlooked some persmission settings where do I set them all? I do not really think this is the problem though. You see

I run a custom prosilver based style on my forum here

http://www.barneprat.com

I have edited the files for my template as described in the template/prosilver.xlm
I use norwegian language, and I believe I have translated it all.

But the strange thing is that when I view my forum in english language, all the images for the calender except the edit-button and delete button show.

When I view my forum in norwegain language all images are gone including the edit and delete buttons. I have checked that I uploaded the images to styles-mytemplate-imagesets-nb

I then purged the cache an refreshed my imagesets for my style.

Hope you know what I must do to make the image work with my language and style. Appreciate your help

alightner
Registered User
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by alightner »

The icons are language specific - notice they live an a folder call en for english. You need to make your own images for your language, or if you like the current images you can copy them into the appropriate folder for your language. The reason they're language specific is because the calendar that shows a 7 for the week view or 31 for month view and those would obviously need to change for a japanese install where the numbers look different. Make sense?
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

LeNeR
Registered User
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by LeNeR »

alightner wrote:The icons are language specific - notice they live an a folder call en for english. You need to make your own images for your language, or if you like the current images you can copy them into the appropriate folder for your language. The reason they're language specific is because the calendar that shows a 7 for the week view or 31 for month view and those would obviously need to change for a japanese install where the numbers look different. Make sense?
I copied the images into a new folder called nb (norwegian). I am not sure if you understand what I did so will try to be more specific.

in your files that came with the download there is a template folder. Inside is the prosilver folder with all necesary contents. What I did was this.

I went to templates, then add a new folder called BarnePrat (my style), copied the contents inside of the prosilver folder and pasted it into the BarnePrat folder. Then I went to Imageset folder and added a new folder called nb, I then copied all the contents inside of the en folder into the nb folder. Then I uploaded the whole BarnePrat folder to styles/BarnePrat I purged the cache the imagesets the template the, stylesheet. But no luck.

Now, when I go to see the files inside my BarnePrat style all the files that should be inside it are there. But , when I use my language norwegian on the forum. All is working well. Except that the images will not show.

When I use the english language all is working like it should be (it seems) except the edit button and the delete button will not show. All other images show. When I go to permissions I set the permession for the administrator to:

Can manage calendar settings and Event Types YES

This is the only alternative I get for the administrator role.

LeNeR
Registered User
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by LeNeR »

alightner wrote:The icons are language specific - notice they live an a folder call en for english. You need to make your own images for your language, or if you like the current images you can copy them into the appropriate folder for your language. The reason they're language specific is because the calendar that shows a 7 for the week view or 31 for month view and those would obviously need to change for a japanese install where the numbers look different. Make sense?
I figured out something that was wrong. My imagset.cfg file was renamed to imageset.php ( my bad), but when I renamed back the Icons showed when viewing in norwegian, but still.

edit button and delete button do not show whether if I am viewing in my language or the english language. By that I mean, when i look at an event that has been added there are no icons for deleting the event or editing the event.

So in what folder are those buttons suppose to be located?

alightner
Registered User
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by alightner »

LeNeR wrote:I copied the images into a new folder called nb (norwegian). I am not sure if you understand what I did so will try to be more specific.

in your files that came with the download there is a template folder. Inside is the prosilver folder with all necesary contents. What I did was this.

I went to templates, then add a new folder called BarnePrat (my style), copied the contents inside of the prosilver folder and pasted it into the BarnePrat folder. Then I went to Imageset folder and added a new folder called nb, I then copied all the contents inside of the en folder into the nb folder. Then I uploaded the whole BarnePrat folder to styles/BarnePrat I purged the cache the imagesets the template the, stylesheet. But no luck.

Now, when I go to see the files inside my BarnePrat style all the files that should be inside it are there. But , when I use my language norwegian on the forum. All is working well. Except that the images will not show.

When I use the english language all is working like it should be (it seems) except the edit button and the delete button will not show. All other images show. When I go to permissions I set the permession for the administrator to:

Can manage calendar settings and Event Types YES

This is the only alternative I get for the administrator role.
  1. I do not support any style other then prosilver. Please run your tests with the prosilver style installed because there are differences between prosilver and other styles (for example subsilver) that will prevent icons from displaying properly - because the different styles expect you to define and use the icons differently throughout the templates. Therefore if you try to apply my proposed prosilver changes to a non-prosilver style I can't guarantee that it would work.
  2. I still think you're having permissions problems here. After setting up prosilver for testing purposes, we can begin to work on getting your bugs out. The ability to edit or delete an individual event has NOTHING to do with the administrate calendar permissions. There is a user based permission that will allow an individual user to edit or delete their own events - please make sure you have this set up correctly. Then there is a moderator level permission that can allow a moderator to edit or delete other user's events. If you want to test editing or deleting an event created by another user, you must make sure you give yourself the proper moderator permissions to do so.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

LeNeR
Registered User
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by LeNeR »

I took a look at the permission rights again. You were right. I just didn't think I had to set my userrights to yes, since I was the administrator and site founder.

Anyway. If you want the norwegian languagepack you can pm me. Thanks for your help.

User avatar
darkonia
Registered User
Posts: 1901
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:10 pm
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by darkonia »

wow thx for this great mod and its superb install :D
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

ajay2008
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:06 am

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by ajay2008 »

Hi alightner,

Thank you for all your hard work that you have put into this mod.

I have a problem that I can't figure out. I am running 3.0.1 on a different style not prosilver. I have the calender page up and running as well as it will work with my style, I can make a post and edit it on the page.
So something is working! I am not asking for any style help!

My problem is that in the ACP I cannot find the modules. I go to systems and module management and the modules are nowhere to be found. Out of respect for your hard work and rereading the last 20 pages I know that in the phpbb_acl_options I have made sure that I only have the seven files there. The calender option is in all the permissions and I have been able to turn them on that is probably why I can use the calender to post and edit on the page.

Do you have any thoughts as to where I may start to find the modules. I have installed the entire mod twice. I would think that the different style would not impact the modules in the ACP. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :oops:

Thank you for your help
AJ

alightner
Registered User
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by alightner »

ajay2008 wrote:Hi alightner,

Thank you for all your hard work that you have put into this mod.

I have a problem that I can't figure out. I am running 3.0.1 on a different style not prosilver. I have the calender page up and running as well as it will work with my style, I can make a post and edit it on the page.
So something is working! I am not asking for any style help!

My problem is that in the ACP I cannot find the modules. I go to systems and module management and the modules are nowhere to be found. Out of respect for your hard work and rereading the last 20 pages I know that in the phpbb_acl_options I have made sure that I only have the seven files there. The calender option is in all the permissions and I have been able to turn them on that is probably why I can use the calender to post and edit on the page.

Do you have any thoughts as to where I may start to find the modules. I have installed the entire mod twice. I would think that the different style would not impact the modules in the ACP. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :oops:

Thank you for your help
AJ
Did you install/activate the calendar module in the ACP? There are steps outlined in the DIY section of the installation instructions that tell you how to add the calendar module into your ACP. Also make sure you've given yourself permission to administrate the calendar, otherwise you won't be able to access the calendar options in the ACP even after you've activated the calendar module.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

ajay2008
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:06 am

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by ajay2008 »

alightner wrote:
ajay2008 wrote:Hi alightner,

Thank you for all your hard work that you have put into this mod.

I have a problem that I can't figure out. I am running 3.0.1 on a different style not prosilver. I have the calender page up and running as well as it will work with my style, I can make a post and edit it on the page.
So something is working! I am not asking for any style help!

My problem is that in the ACP I cannot find the modules. I go to systems and module management and the modules are nowhere to be found. Out of respect for your hard work and rereading the last 20 pages I know that in the phpbb_acl_options I have made sure that I only have the seven files there. The calender option is in all the permissions and I have been able to turn them on that is probably why I can use the calender to post and edit on the page.

Do you have any thoughts as to where I may start to find the modules. I have installed the entire mod twice. I would think that the different style would not impact the modules in the ACP. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :oops:

Thank you for your help
AJ
Did you install/activate the calendar module in the ACP? There are steps outlined in the DIY section of the installation instructions that tell you how to add the calendar module into your ACP. Also make sure you've given yourself permission to administrate the calendar, otherwise you won't be able to access the calendar options in the ACP even after you've activated the calendar module.
Thanks for your reply.

I did follow the instructions in the DIY area in your instructions. First I copied out the SQL statement and loaded it to the data base. The info is in the SQL, now if there is more to do there I did not do anything else. If I missed a step in the SQL please advise?

I made the changes and uploaded all the files as instructed. I purged the cache and the the templates and images many times. I enter the ACP and went to the "System" tab and under module management select "Administration Control Panel" and to install the two Calendar modules but they are not there, there is nothing that says calender in there.

I have a gallery mod that works fine I wouldn't think that there would be a conflict with it. It is probably something stupid that I missed, I am just at a loss for what it is. Does this problem hinge around the SQL is that where the ACP looks for the modules? I am using MySQL 5.0. Is there any particular statements on the pages that I modified that I can check, that focus on the ACP and the module install problem. Just looking for any suggestions on where I can look to get this up and running. :?

Thanks again
AJ

alightner
Registered User
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by alightner »

ajay2008 wrote:I made the changes and uploaded all the files as instructed. I purged the cache and the the templates and images many times. I enter the ACP and went to the "System" tab and under module management select "Administration Control Panel" and to install the two Calendar modules but they are not there, there is nothing that says calender in there.

I have a gallery mod that works fine I wouldn't think that there would be a conflict with it. It is probably something stupid that I missed, I am just at a loss for what it is. Does this problem hinge around the SQL is that where the ACP looks for the modules? I am using MySQL 5.0. Is there any particular statements on the pages that I modified that I can check, that focus on the ACP and the module install problem. Just looking for any suggestions on where I can look to get this up and running. :?

Thanks again
AJ
If the calendar modules arent' even available to add in your ACP it sounds like you're missing files on your server. Are you sure you uploaded all of the files from /includes/acp?
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

ajay2008
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:06 am

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by ajay2008 »

alightner wrote:
ajay2008 wrote:I made the changes and uploaded all the files as instructed. I purged the cache and the the templates and images many times. I enter the ACP and went to the "System" tab and under module management select "Administration Control Panel" and to install the two Calendar modules but they are not there, there is nothing that says calender in there.

I have a gallery mod that works fine I wouldn't think that there would be a conflict with it. It is probably something stupid that I missed, I am just at a loss for what it is. Does this problem hinge around the SQL is that where the ACP looks for the modules? I am using MySQL 5.0. Is there any particular statements on the pages that I modified that I can check, that focus on the ACP and the module install problem. Just looking for any suggestions on where I can look to get this up and running. :?

Thanks again
AJ
If the calendar modules arent' even available to add in your ACP it sounds like you're missing files on your server. Are you sure you uploaded all of the files from /includes/acp?
Thanks for the reply.
I checked the files and they are all uploaded to the correct locations. I was hoping that was the problem, no such luck. Do they need to be set to any special permissions on the server?
thanks for thought.
AJ

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”