[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
NissanNut

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner)

Post by NissanNut »

That is my issue. I dont see calendar as a tab. Is there a special way to add the modules? I just added a new category then added the 2 modules. I then refeshed the styles prosilver cache.

I have never installed modules before. I just added the 2 modules. I tried disable and enable.

Edit.

OK I fixed it. I found these instructions.

As for installation of the modules:

Go to your ACP.
Select the "System" tab.
On the bottom left you should see a section titled "Module Management". Select Administration Control Panel from that section.
At the bottom of the page there is a pulldown menu of available modules and a button that says "Add Module". Find "Calendar Settings" in that pulldown menu and click "Add Module".
Now Find "Manage Calendar Event Types" in the pulldown menu and click "Add Module".
Notice the modules are now listed above, but you must click where it says "Enable" to activate them.
After enabling both modules, return to the General tab and purge your cache. Viola

I forgot to purge under general. I was purging styles. :oops:

NissanNut

Post by NissanNut »

I got mine working.

Nice work! Best mod ever.

alightner

Post by alightner »

Thanks - glad you got it all sorted out :)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.

lanesharon

Post by lanesharon »

Just posting a reply here so that I will get some type of notice if this mod gets any more updates. Thanks.

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

FYI: There is a subscription option at the bottom of each topic that will notify you when updates to them occur. ;)

lapokerteria

Post by lapokerteria »

Hello,
Sorry about my exelent english :mrgreen:

Can i do something to don't have {ALL_DAY_CHECK} checkbox checked when we posting a new event?
I try i lot of think but never working good. Always something not working . :(

I think it will be easy to do... More then 4 days on this and can'T solve it... Now i know it not easy !(for beginner like me) :lol:

Thanks you if you can help me :D

PS: my english isnt good but i can understand. I hope you understand me too ;)

poke6uy

Post by poke6uy »

This mod is perfect! Thank you for creating this mod.

I have everything working perfectly. Now I want to modify the heading just a bit. Where it says "Month of January 29, 2009", I would like it to say "January 2009".

I notice this is created by this code:

Code: Select all

$calendar_header_txt = sprintf($user->lang['LOCAL_DATE_FORMAT'], $user->lang['datetime'][$date['month']], $date['day'], $date['year'] );
Any idea how to change it to say "January 2009"?

Also, is there any way to change the format of the date in the events section? There appears to be an extra "." at the end of the date. Any way to change it to "[1/30]"?

My forum: http://jetskisportfishing.com/calendar.php

alightner

Post by alightner »

poke6uy wrote:This mod is perfect! Thank you for creating this mod.

I have everything working perfectly. Now I want to modify the heading just a bit. Where it says "Month of January 29, 2009", I would like it to say "January 2009".

$calendar_header_txt = sprintf($user->lang['LOCAL_DATE_FORMAT'], $user->lang['datetime'][$date['month']], $date['day'], $date['year'] );

Also, is there any way to change the format of the date in the events section? There appears to be an extra "." at the end of the date. Any way to change it to "[1/30]"?

Start by editing: 'LOCAL_DATE_FORMAT' so that it no longer expects the day # as input, and then remove the $date['day'], from the code you showed above.

I didn't write the mod showing the tiny calendar on the index page, so I have no idea who's outputing the date in that list, or what they're using to format it. It looks like someone's modified my mod, and you should probably be asking the author of that other mod.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Cagnulein

Post by Cagnulein »

basorrells wrote:Thank you on the Language file suggest, previous post. That resolved that problem, however I am now seeing the below?

Any idea what would cause the below? It happens anytime I click on the .mod tab under ACP for the Calendar. MYSQL 5.0.51

Thanks

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'quadbb3.CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_calendar.php
LINE: 167
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_calendar->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
i have the same problem, how could I solve it?
I've checked the table prefix and it's all ok. Where is CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE set?
Thanks

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

Looks like you did not edit the includes/constants.php

alightner

Post by alightner »

Cagnulein wrote:i have the same problem, how could I solve it?
I've checked the table prefix and it's all ok. Where is CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE set?
Thanks
Did you run the SQL commands to create the table? Also you should find a note in the troubleshooting tips that says someing like if you don't use "phpbb" as your forum table prefix, you must edit the SQL commands to match your forum's prefix before executing the SQL commands to create the new table.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Cagnulein

Post by Cagnulein »

wolfman24 wrote:Looks like you did not edit the includes/constants.php
i've solved adding the costant here, but i didn't see this procedure in the prosilver.xml, isn't it?

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

Cagnulein wrote:i've solved adding the costant here, but i didn't see this procedure in the prosilver.xml, isn't it?
Since the DB problem has nothing to do with the template you will sure not find it there. It is in the install.xml which must be followed for every style. I hope you did?

NissanNut

Post by NissanNut »

I was changing some colors and I accidentally killed the month and day buttons. There now invisible. :roll:

What are these called in colours.css?

My board http://nissantrailriders.com/forum/

People love the calendar. Much better than the phpbb2 version we had. :D

Thanks,

poke6uy

Post by poke6uy »

alightner wrote:
poke6uy wrote:This mod is perfect! Thank you for creating this mod.

Start by editing: 'LOCAL_DATE_FORMAT' so that it no longer expects the day # as input, and then remove the $date['day'], from the code you showed above.

I didn't write the mod showing the tiny calendar on the index page, so I have no idea who's outputing the date in that list, or what they're using to format it. It looks like someone's modified my mod, and you should probably be asking the author of that other mod.
Thanks for the reply, alightner. One more question though, how do I edit 'LOCAL_DATE_FORMAT' so it no longer expects the day # as input? I don't code much. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”