[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Lunanight

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)

Post by Lunanight »

Hello, I've got another suggestion for improvement. The "problem" is if I have a party date which starts for example on a Saturday 10 p.m. and lasts until Sunday 4 a.m. the date is shown on the calendar on saturday and sunday. A checkbox which the question: "Is this an event of several days duration?" would be great so you could separate between a party date which lasts till the next morning and a festival which lasts for example three days. What do you think about that?
alightner

Post by alightner »

Lunanight wrote:Hello, I've got another suggestion for improvement. The "problem" is if I have a party date which starts for example on a Saturday 10 p.m. and lasts until Sunday 4 a.m. the date is shown on the calendar on saturday and sunday. A checkbox which the question: "Is this an event of several days duration?" would be great so you could separate between a party date which lasts till the next morning and a festival which lasts for example three days. What do you think about that?
There's already a way to get the calendar to display exactly what you want without modifying a thing. There's a toggle in the ACP to only show the event on it's start date, instead of showing it on both the Saturday and Sunday when it spans multiple days. If you turn this on, the event that you describe that goes from one night to the next morning will only show on the starting day. However, a three day festival created with the same method would only show on the start day, so you need to think a little more about what you should really be asking the calendar to do... it you want the three day festival to show up each day (despite the setting in the ACP), you can still do that in one easy step. Try creating the three day festival as an all day event that is "recurring" daily - and specify an end date for the recurring events. Honestly creating three day festivals as recurring events is optimal anyway because then the calendar knows they are "all day" events and doesn't try to adjust the start and end time for the viewer's timezone.

Adding another toggle on the create event page would cause complaints from many users, as it gets cluttered for users who don't need it - believe it or not some people have already complained that there is an "all day" check box... it's impossible to please everyone.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
emmea90

Post by emmea90 »

I had a problem
I had updated from 0.08 to 0.10 but now i see the calendar in index twice time.
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

Then you should remove it one time. You did not update, but install it a second time. Check your edit to styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html
Lunanight

Post by Lunanight »

alightner wrote: There's already a way to get the calendar to display exactly what you want without modifying a thing. There's a toggle in the ACP to only show the event on it's start date, instead of showing it on both the Saturday and Sunday when it spans multiple days. If you turn this on, the event that you describe that goes from one night to the next morning will only show on the starting day. However, a three day festival created with the same method would only show on the start day, so you need to think a little more about what you should really be asking the calendar to do... it you want the three day festival to show up each day (despite the setting in the ACP), you can still do that in one easy step. Try creating the three day festival as an all day event that is "recurring" daily - and specify an end date for the recurring events. Honestly creating three day festivals as recurring events is optimal anyway because then the calendar knows they are "all day" events and doesn't try to adjust the start and end time for the viewer's timezone.

Adding another toggle on the create event page would cause complaints from many users, as it gets cluttered for users who don't need it - believe it or not some people have already complained that there is an "all day" check box... it's impossible to please everyone.
Thank you very much. I didn't realise there's already such a toggle. I'll gladly use that because on my calendar there are more party dates than festival dates. But I've got still another question. Is it also possible to post dates with an open end?
alightner

Post by alightner »

Lunanight wrote:Thank you very much. I didn't realise there's already such a toggle. I'll gladly use that because on my calendar there are more party dates than festival dates. But I've got still another question. Is it possible to post dates with an open end?
You can make recurring events that don't have an end date, so if you want something listed indefinitely on every day, you could always make it a daily recurring event with no end date... but just a single event with a start time and no end time does not exist.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Lunanight

Post by Lunanight »

alightner wrote:You can make recurring events that don't have an end date, so if you want something listed indefinitely on every day, you could always make it a daily recurring event with no end date... but just a single event with a start time and no end time does not exist.
Yes, I meant a single event with an open end. What a pity! But thank you for your answer anyway :-)
oxfordsi

Post by oxfordsi »

keith10456 wrote:
oxfordsi wrote:I tried refreshing temporary files, refreshed all styles, purged the cache and refreshed the page.. Still the same. Could it be a file edit error?!
Are you refreshing the Imagesets of the style that you're using?

Styles >> Imagesets >> Refresh
I gave up in the end and deleted all files. Nothing against the MOD as it's bloody brilliant, it was just the imagesets.. I have installed several MODS to my site and am fairly 'ofay' with all aspects of uploading a MOD but i think with this one i won't win! I can't tell you how many times i refreshed pretty much anything! I'll wait for the MOD to be released with the thumbs up from the php team! :D
PaulusB

Post by PaulusB »

Just update the calendar is there anybody that has the updated dutch lang files for version 0.1.0.
Lunanight

Post by Lunanight »

I'm sorry but I've got another problem now. Although I'm logged in as an administrator I can't neither edit nor delete dates which were posted by another user. Why?
alightner

Post by alightner »

Lunanight wrote:I'm sorry but I've got another problem now. Although I'm logged in as an administrator I can't neither edit nor delete dates which were posted by another user. Why?
You need to give yourself "moderator level" permissions.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Lunanight

Post by Lunanight »

Ok, thank you very much but why are the dates posted by an administrator in boldface and the dates posted by users not?
alightner

Post by alightner »

It has nothing to do with admin/registered user accounts. Events created by you will always appear in bold to you. It helps you find events you're responsible for (and likely most interested in) in the calendar.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Lunanight

Post by Lunanight »

Oh I see. The calendar has so many comprehensive features but it's great, anyhow. Thank you for your help.
SilentAlarm

Post by SilentAlarm »

Hello!
I've got a problem;
My forum is on root/forum
but, i've got to echo the event data on my root
they have the same mysql connection, so that isn't the problem, it's the "event body", how can i echo it ?
Cause now it's empty..

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”