[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)

Post by marian0810 »

I'm guessing he can't do either of those because of the free forumhost thing. But maybe this...
alightner wrote:If your calendar looks dark blue everywhere - instead of what you see in the demo, you haven't refreshed your style properly. Enter the ACP and go to the "Styles" tab and select "Templates" from the list of style components on the left. Find your style name in the list of installed templates, and click the link to "Refresh" your style's template. Confirm that "Yes" you really eant to clear the cached version of your template. Now select "Themes" from the list of style components on the left. Find your style name in the list of installed themes and click on the link to "Refresh" your style's theme. Confirm that "Yes" you really want to clear the cached version of your theme. Finally select "Imagesets" from the list of style componenets, and refresh your imageset. Now return to the general tab and click the "Run now" button next to where it says "Purge the cache". Now return to your calendar and refresh the page. I've seen internet explorer store stale copies of the calendar in my temporary interenet files before, so if all else fails, close all browser windows except for one, go to Tools->Internet Options, and on the "General" tab choose "Delete Files" to delete all of your cached web pages on your computer. Now return to the ACP (don't view the calendar yet) and refresh all the parts of the style and purge the cache again. Now return to the calendar, and things should look better.
For adding events you need to set up your permissions properly first.
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
bebory

Post by bebory »

Can you please tell me where I can get the mod? I keep coming across posts but never the code itself.

Thanks
edbo1

Post by edbo1 »

bebory wrote:Can you please tell me where I can get the mod? I keep coming across posts but never the code itself.

Thanks
Go to the first post and scroll down a bit. It's there.
Ed
passat3233

Post by passat3233 »

Update of the german translation of 0.1.0 (added some missing edits :oops: ):

Download: http://www.passat-kartei.de/phpbb/phpbb ... german.zip
bebory

Post by bebory »

Hello,

I downloaded the mod, did the mod install by hand, verifying each and every file and change, did the install in the file called "prosilver.xml" as well as the "install.xml", I uploaded all files, including the styles and imagesets, I purged the cache - actually a couple of times - see the menu items
* Calendar Settings
* Manage Calendar Event Types
on my board configuration of the Administrator Control Panel.

I am able to set the calendar settings as well as add Calendar Event Types however
I cannot find the calendar anywhere.

Just to be thorough, I DID install each and every single file.

Can someone tell me if this is a common thing and maybe I missed something?
I am using phpbb 3.0.8

Is the calendar not working with this version - I would really like to get this up and running for my schools Parent Teacher Organization before Christmas. :o

Thanks for your help.

url is http://www.kahrepto.com/kforum
Mitch1063

Post by Mitch1063 »

http://kahrepto.com/kforum/calendar.php
Works fine you need to add the link to the header or left menu

EDITED: I see you got it working on the menu
bebory

Post by bebory »

Thanks for the reply, I was knocking my head against the wall for hours! :lol:
Finally figured that I needed to put the files into my new style's folder in order for it to work - :D

Now I just have to figure out how to get the dropdowns to work and how to edit the colors. Any idea on either?

My wall can't take much more, I think I see a crack forming in the drywall.

Thanks Again!
bebory

Post by bebory »

Hello,

I have successfully installed (mostly) the calendar .. I added phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner) to the lightportal style and added the css for the calendar to the css for lightportal and it seemed all was well.... until I started looking for buttons and post a topic link. It appears that they are now missing.

Wondering if you have ever run across this before and if anyone might have a clue where I might have gone wrong.

Thanks!
bebory

Post by bebory »

OK, after reading hundreds of posts here I decided to create a folder called en in my styles imageset folder - and lo and behold the buttons appeared.

Thanks,

Beth
tiohero

Post by tiohero »

(post deleted)
jantman

Post by jantman »

Alightner, thanks for the wonderful mod! It's truly great work... I've written a few standalone calendars in PHP before, and I'm ecstatic not to have to port my code over *and* figure out how phpBB is actually coded.

I have a few questions for the author and anyone else, before I started diving into the code and trying to figure them out. I'm sorry if they've been asked before... I've read the first few pages of the thread and everything since 177 (announcement of 0.1.0), but my eyes went glassy a few dozen pages ago...
  • The "week of" view on my index.php seems to always be starting on today (i.e. the current date), not actually this week (i.e. Sunday through Saturday as I configured in the settings). This also appears to happen on the current demo board. Does anyone have a patch to get it to show the current week?
  • Using Firefox 3.5, when I go to create an event, the "All Day" checkbox defaults to on, and the start end end time selects can't be changed, but they're not grayed out or anything. Is this a known issue? Is there a known fix for it?
Also, just some comments on the mod itself...
  • I know you don't really like it, but it seems quite a few people have reported good results with AutoMOD. Perhaps you could put a mention of it in the install file or the first post, as this was my first mod installation and I didn't know about it until after a few hours of manual file editing...
  • I haven't seen any notes on it, but have any fixes since the announcement of 0.1.0 been incorporated into the zip file?
  • Given how long this thread has become, have you considered setting up some sort of bug tracker for the project? I'd be more than willing to donate hosting/server space/whatever else you need, and could also provide subversion or cvs with integration into the bug tracking system...
Thanks for all your hard work,
Jason
Jason Antman
http://www.jasonantman.com http://blog.jasonantman.com
Linux System Administrator, programmer
callahan

Post by callahan »

Hi Guys,

A cracking mod if i can get it to work. :D

I've had a go at installing this mod and i have ran into a General Error. I've managed to install the modules and i can see the calendar settings etc, however, if i click them or try and view my forum i get this error:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'raleighs_000web.CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE WHERE config_name ='index_display_week'

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_calendar.php
LINE: 1993
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_calendar.php
LINE: 1222
CALL: get_calendar_config_value()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 145
CALL: calendar_display_calendar_on_index()
Forgive me if its something already answered. I am a newbie to phpbb and to cap it all i suffer with chronic fatigue. I am using MySQL Client Version 5.0.91 running phpbb3.0.8.

Can someone point me in the right direction so i'm able to cure this problem.

Many thanks.
therat

Post by therat »

It sounds like you havent done the edit to constants.php. If you are using the latest version you should have the following in there, if not add them in.

Code: Select all

define('CALENDAR_CONFIG_TABLE',		$table_prefix . 'calendar_config');
define('CALENDAR_EVENTS_TABLE',		$table_prefix . 'calendar_events');
define('CALENDAR_EVENT_TYPES_TABLE',	$table_prefix . 'calendar_event_types');
define('CALENDAR_RSVP_TABLE',		$table_prefix . 'calendar_rsvps');
define('CALENDAR_RECURRING_EVENTS_TABLE',	$table_prefix . 'calendar_recurring_events');
define('CALENDAR_EVENTS_WATCH',		$table_prefix . 'calendar_events_watch');
define('CALENDAR_WATCH',			$table_prefix . 'calendar_watch');
callahan

Post by callahan »

Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to point me in the right direction The Rat. I do remember doing the edits, however obviously it didn't upload to the server. I've added the code and guess what? You guessed i have a calendar. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Paul_kingtiger

Post by Paul_kingtiger »

Hello thanks for an excellent mod. It worked first time out of the box for me, using AutoMod.
I've tried a few calendar mods for PHPBB3 and this is by far the easiest and most bug free.

I have a couple of feature requests, well one really as the other has already been raised.
First I'd like to echo the call for an RSS feed so calendar events could be read in an RSS reader or listed on a website.

But my unasked for (as far as I could find) request is to be able to import an iCal feed to the calendar and have events automatically created based on the data. I use a site which takes MMO game event data from the game's API and creates an iCal feed. The Game is Pirates of the Burning Sea and the feed data produced the following iCal feed.

http://potbs.armeagle.nl/portbattlesche ... on=British

What I would like is to have the calendar mod take this feed and create entries based on the data in the feed. I have a feeling this isn't going to be an easy task, but I am willing to financially contribute to the project if it was possible at a reasonable price.

In a separate issue my icons are appearing on a new line below the month number, rather than to the right. Any ideas why they might be doing this and how to get them back.
http://www.st-george-squadron.co.uk/wik ... :Icons.png

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”