[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
robrivera

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)

Post by robrivera »

this mod looks awesome, does it work with 3.0.8 (latest and greatest version of phpbb), also the last time i seen an update was in 2009, just checking.... thanks all
edbo1

Post by edbo1 »

robrivera wrote:this mod looks awesome, does it work with 3.0.8 (latest and greatest version of phpbb), also the last time i seen an update was in 2009, just checking.... thanks all
I have it installed on 3.0.8 and it's flawless.
Ed
robrivera

Post by robrivera »

thanks so much, cool look forward to installing it..
exhibitionpoultry

Post by exhibitionpoultry »

marian0810 wrote:I'm guessing he can't do either of those because of the free forumhost thing. But maybe this...
alightner wrote:If your calendar looks dark blue everywhere - instead of what you see in the demo, you haven't refreshed your style properly. Enter the ACP and go to the "Styles" tab and select "Templates" from the list of style components on the left. Find your style name in the list of installed templates, and click the link to "Refresh" your style's template. Confirm that "Yes" you really eant to clear the cached version of your template. Now select "Themes" from the list of style components on the left. Find your style name in the list of installed themes and click on the link to "Refresh" your style's theme. Confirm that "Yes" you really want to clear the cached version of your theme. Finally select "Imagesets" from the list of style componenets, and refresh your imageset. Now return to the general tab and click the "Run now" button next to where it says "Purge the cache". Now return to your calendar and refresh the page. I've seen internet explorer store stale copies of the calendar in my temporary interenet files before, so if all else fails, close all browser windows except for one, go to Tools->Internet Options, and on the "General" tab choose "Delete Files" to delete all of your cached web pages on your computer. Now return to the ACP (don't view the calendar yet) and refresh all the parts of the style and purge the cache again. Now return to the calendar, and things should look better.
For adding events you need to set up your permissions properly first.

I have tried all this and my calendar is still blue and it doesn't resemble the demo calendar at all. I had the guys at Freeforums.org add the mod for me so I am not sure if they have done anything wrong or not.

Here is the link to my calendar so you can see what I am talking about http://www.exhibitionpoultryforum.com/calendar.php
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Ensure that the template edits are done.

The template instructions are in a separate file in the download.
DuskWolf

Post by DuskWolf »

Hello guys and happy new year.

Ok, here i go.
I have this mod (version 0.1.0 ) installed on my forum and it is great. I have been searching for something like this for a long time and was quite happy when I found it.
Everything worked perfectly until now.
However, after updating the forum to 3.08 a problem emerged:
If I use the default english language pack there is no problem at all.
But when I chose bulgarian (more than 2/3 of the users use it) the calendar page is completely empty. No header, no footer, no page. Just a blank white page from top to botom. There is not even an error message, nor anything in the error log.
The problem is even on the index page of the forum if I decide to show future events or next week on it. If I comment the calendar_display_calendar_on_index(); call from the index.php everething (except of course the Calendar) works. If the function stays and is called even the index page of the forum is completely blank.
I wish I could debug it (I am an embedded programmer, not a php one, I don't know if there is a way to do it locally)...

Has anyone encountered such an error, can anyone help fixing it?
Thanks in advance.

P.S. If you open a separate tab with admin panel, or user panel, or an inside of a topic, when you chose Bulgarian only the index and the Calendar go blank. The other pages, that do not show Calendar information are still browsable, and viewable.
llMaXll

Post by llMaXll »

Hi all great mod.

nvm fixed my problem.

Working on a silverstar theme mod check it out here:
http://phoenixpw.max-space.com/forum/calendar.php
Champ_

Post by Champ_ »

Hello together,

Have Anybody tranlated the complete SQL Code for SQL4.0. for the Version 0.1.0.
I know the code from UT99 Guy but it's not the code for the newest version of the mod.

Please help me... :!:
edbo1

Post by edbo1 »

Greets,
I have searched for this issue in the forum but can find nothing.

I just noticed this even though the calendar (thanks for the mod) works great. My Auto Pruning of the Forums ceased to function. Any ideas?

Thanks for your assist.
Ed
edbo1

Post by edbo1 »

EDIT: REMOVED. I did not realize I had already posted this issue.
Last edited by edbo1 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ed
DuskWolf

Post by DuskWolf »

Ok, I found the problem that I reported. It was a missing comma in an array in the language files. After the fix everything is ok.
luv

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.2 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by luv »

alightner wrote:
piegus wrote:Is it possible that this Phpbb3 calendar would have sync with google calendar?? :D
As a request feature
I have no idea what that would take - there are many other enhancement requests that are higher on the list ;)
Sorry for bringing up an old topic but the last mention I saw of this was 2008 and I wondered if it might be possible now.

If it helps at all I found this on Google Calendar
Google Calendar can import event information in iCal or CSV (MS Outlook) format The 'Import Calendar' function allows you to quickly and easily transfer events and information stored in other calendar applications (i.e., Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo! Calendar, Apple iCal, etc.) directly into your Google Calendar.
nozem

Post by nozem »

According to the xml file there should be 2 optional modules:
There are two optional modules in the user control panel for this
mod as well. If you want to install/enable them go to
System -> User Control Panel. Next to the "Add module" button is the list
of available modules. The two modules for the calendar are under the
"Overview [ucp_main]" group and are titled "Manage event registration"
and "Manage my events".

I can't find them. They're not listed. Where did I go wrong?

(I do see the calendar on my board, I can add events etc. and the other 2 modules from the ACP were no problem)

anybody can help?
edbo1

Post by edbo1 »

Seeing as how nobody will help or there is no fix and the author does not care, I uninstalled the great mod.

Installing this mod will prevent your auto-prune from running. I guess you could not add the commands for pruning in the CRON and one more area but why should I?

No fix, no install.
Ed
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

edbo1 wrote:Seeing as how nobody will help or there is no fix and the author does not care, I uninstalled the great mod.

Installing this mod will prevent your auto-prune from running. I guess you could not add the commands for pruning in the CRON and one more area but why should I?

No fix, no install.
I dont ever use auto prune but I tried it and mine still works with this mod. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”