[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Hippie459MN

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by Hippie459MN »

Welcome back and so happy to this will be not be forgotten about... YaY! :mrgreen:
adamk523

Post by adamk523 »

WOW is all I have to say. Just dug this up out of the archives, and was having problems getting it to work with the latest version. I refresh the page... and find it's been updated for the first time in years while I was working. :shock: Thank you VERY much for continuing to work on this!
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

Great to see this back in development. :)
edbo1

Post by edbo1 »

Woo Hoo. You go gal. :lol: :oops:
Ed
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

alightner wrote:The calendar mod is back!!! :D

We are still in Beta, but 0.1.1 includes all of the bugs reported in the first round of beta (0.1.0)
At this point the features are pretty well tested... if there are any bugs they're most likely in the way I packaged the install files instead of the mod's code itself.

VOLUNTEERS WANTED: if you want to help translate this release here are the language files: http://www.phpbbcalendarmod.com/downloa ... 0_lang.zip If you translate the files, please zip them back up and post them so they can be included in the next release - with proper credit of course :D Note I'm still working on the language file zip for 0.1.1 - that link is the language files for 0.1.0
Welcome! :D

Sorry, to ask:
If I want to translate, is a direct translation of the 0.1.1 version, or start with the 0.1.0 version?
It is more blessed to give than to reveive, welcome to letter, thanks & good-bye!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
http://wang5555.hopto.org/phpBB3/
p.s. Shut down computer before 11 clock night!!!
alightner

Post by alightner »

There were very few new strings in 0.1.1 that weren't already in 0.1.0. However, there were 2 translations packaged up with 0.1.0 (I think yours was one of them) but it failed the pre mod validation checker and with the foreign characters I didnt know how to fix it without corrupting it so I just opted to remove them until someone who uses those languages could clean them up for the mod validator.

It's probably best if you let me repackage the language files and make sure my package passes the mod validation tool first before you do the new translation so your package has better odds of passing and being included with the final install. I'll let you know when the 0.1.1 language files are ready for download/edit.

Thanks!
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 »

alightner wrote:There were very few new strings in 0.1.1 that weren't already in 0.1.0. However, there were 2 translations packaged up with 0.1.0 (I think yours was one of them) but it failed the pre mod validation checker and with the foreign characters I didnt know how to fix it without corrupting it so I just opted to remove them until someone who uses those languages could clean them up for the mod validator.

It's probably best if you let me repackage the language files and make sure my package passes the mod validation tool first before you do the new translation so your package has better odds of passing and being included with the final install. I'll let you know when the 0.1.1 language files are ready for download/edit.

Thanks!
Thanks for your reply. :)
I fix some bug, and repackage it.
Please try again, thanks.

Download zh_cmn_hant (Traditional Chinese translation) for phpBB Calendar 0.1.0
p.s. The pack is only language, no style.
It is more blessed to give than to reveive, welcome to letter, thanks & good-bye!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
http://wang5555.hopto.org/phpBB3/
p.s. Shut down computer before 11 clock night!!!
alexanderjoseph

Post by alexanderjoseph »

I have a problem with
custom colors to highlight event registration status
[ Web-safe colour swatch ] points me to =calendar&mode=calsettings
Also I can not safe colours.
Where to start to look?
Alexander

Edit:
The full path that comes out off clicking on [ Web-safe colour swatch ] is
http://forum.lautengesellschaft.de/adm/ ... alsettings
Last edited by alexanderjoseph on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alightner

Post by alightner »

alexanderjoseph wrote:I have a problem with
custom colors to highlight event registration status
[ Web-safe colour swatch ] points me to =calendar&mode=calsettings
Also I can not safe colours.
Where to start to look?
Alexander
in root/includes/acp/acp_calendar.php lines 415-417:

Code: Select all

'U_SWATCH_RSVP_YES'	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}swatch.$phpEx", 'form=calsettings&name=rsvp_color_yes'),
					'U_SWATCH_RSVP_NO'	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}swatch.$phpEx", 'form=calsettings&name=rsvp_color_no'),
					'U_SWATCH_RSVP_MAYBE'=> append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}swatch.$phpEx", 'form=calsettings&name=rsvp_color_maybe'),
They shoud result in a link more like this:

Code: Select all

http://www.phpbbcalendarmod.com/3010a/adm/swatch.php?form=calsettings&name=rsvp_color_yes&sid=1d3057dde87865c738bddcd32e0b26be
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
alexanderjoseph

Post by alexanderjoseph »

Hi, problem solved.
I had an old version of root/includes/acp/acp_calendar.php
:oops:
ALexander
alightner

Post by alightner »

wang5555 wrote: Thanks for your reply. :)
I fix some bug, and repackage it.
Please try again, thanks.

Download zh_cmn_hant (Traditional Chinese translation) for phpBB Calendar 0.1.0
p.s. The pack is only language, no style.
I just downloaded your changes, and it looks like you're missing the install__language_files_only.xml file... there were additional strings that needed translated in files manually (besides just the new files to copy)from the install file like edits to:
  • language/en/acp/common.php
  • language/en/acp/styles.php
  • language/en/common.php
  • language/en/ucp.php
  • includes/acp/acp_language.php
I updated the language pack download:
VOLUNTEERS WANTED: if you want to help translate this release here are the language files: http://www.phpbbcalendarmod.com/downloa ... 0_lang.zip If you translate the files, please zip them back up and post them so they can be included in the next release - with proper credit of course :D
That should make it easier to see what's missing.

Thanks! :D
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
alightner

Post by alightner »

alexanderjoseph wrote:Hi, problem solved.
I had an old version of root/includes/acp/acp_calendar.php
:oops:
ALexander
Yay, glad that fixed it! :)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
sssubito

Post by sssubito »

Welcome back, glad to see you to continue development of the calendar.

I have installed the v0.1.0 with AutoMOD, double checked if something's missing (afair all went well), integrated the german language pack and tweaked it a little bit to suit my needs.

All worked well, except my calendar didn't have the small icons (new, day and week view on every day). As my knowledge of phpBB internals isn't the best (learning more and more everyday), I couldn't figure out why they were missing. Double checked the calendar installation, blamed AutoMOD, did it again by hand... icons still missing. Well, didn't matter too much as the calendar didn't miss any feature without the icons. :D

Apparently this has been fixed in v0.1.1, thanks for that and the other updates.

Here are the German language files (not properly packed, just a tarball from my dev board's root):
German language files tarball

BTW, the Update-XML from v0.1.0->v0.1.1 has only the addition of the SQL table entries for rsvp stuff (when I open it alone). Not sure if I'm missing something as I'm not that familiar with AutoMOD. I would have expected that the update.xml shows me everything that I have to do to get v0.1.0 to v0.1.1!

I have a wish:
Could you make it possible to enter midnight as end time for an event? (All workarounds to this are a bit clumbsy)
In our board (still an unfinished upgrade project from phpBB2) we have multi day events that usually start on Monday, 0:00:01 and finish on next Sunday, 23:59:59 +1s (that's midnight, isn't it). I can enter Monday, 0:00:00 as finish, but then you see day Monday as finishing day and that's simply wrong and awkward. The other workaround, using all day recurring events has the big disadvantage that it clutters my list of future events on the forum index. So, I beg: please, please, please! :)

Cheers, sssubito!
pdriss

Post by pdriss »

Hello,
It's great that the Mods or update!
From my side as he was giving up, I try to add two functions.
1) to pay with paypal, if there is a deposit for the event.
2) invited the group to "friends" at an event.
Continued success,
Pdriss
alightner

Post by alightner »

sssubito wrote: I have a wish:
Could you make it possible to enter midnight as end time for an event? (All workarounds to this are a bit clumbsy)
In our board (still an unfinished upgrade project from phpBB2) we have multi day events that usually start on Monday, 0:00:01 and finish on next Sunday, 23:59:59 +1s (that's midnight, isn't it). I can enter Monday, 0:00:00 as finish, but then you see day Monday as finishing day and that's simply wrong and awkward. The other workaround, using all day recurring events has the big disadvantage that it clutters my list of future events on the forum index. So, I beg: please, please, please! :)

Cheers, sssubito!

At first I was worried that you were saying the events shows up on the day it ends in the calendar, but that's not the case.

I'm not sure what I'd do differently here to fulfill your request... I just created a test event on the demo page: http://www.phpbbcalendarmod.com/3010a/c ... calEid=151 and it shows that the event ends Aug 16, 2012 12:00 am (which also happens to be the stroke of midnight on the 15th). This is technically correct. I'm not the one formatting the output display, you are via the ACP:
Date and Time Format:
Try "M d, Y h:i a" or "M d, Y H:i"
I don't know if there's a way to make 12am display as midnight on the previous day via formatting or not, but I think your problem is more about formatting than with the mod itself.

As you can see in the demo forum page, the event displays on August 13 - 15 (because it ended before the 16th began) so it's not like the event is showing up on an extra day the morning it ends: http://www.phpbbcalendarmod.com/3010a/c ... &calY=2012
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”