[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Bobbele1984

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by Bobbele1984 »

JuergenBY wrote:How can ich change the link name?

Code: Select all

{ Calendar }
Hi,

OPEN language/yourlanguage/common.php
FIND

'CALENDAR'				=> 'Calendar',
REPLACE WITH

'CALENDAR'				=> 'Whatever you like',
Greetings
Bobbele1984
JuergenBY

Post by JuergenBY »

Many thanks...working!
Regards
JuergenBY
zaraostre

Post by zaraostre »

Hi from France

Reading these 274 pages before posting was an hard work, especially for someone who does not speak English that well.
So many apologies if my question was put before.

Is there a mean to attach a file to an event, for example a doc file for an invitation ? The same way we can attach a file to a normal post.

Many thanks
Writing from France
Please be so kind being lenient with my english
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

zaraostre wrote:Hi from France

Reading these 274 pages before posting was an hard work, especially for someone who does not speak English that well.
So many apologies if my question was put before.

Is there a mean to attach a file to an event, for example a doc file for an invitation ? The same way we can attach a file to a normal post.

Many thanks
Not that I'm aware of.
rausch

Post by rausch »

hi there. i really love this mod but after some style color changes (i already use prosilver standard theme as the base!) i miss the UPCOMING EVENTS collumn at the bottom on my main page.

how can i get them back?
thank you very much!!
rausch

Post by rausch »

rausch wrote:hi there. i really love this mod but after some style color changes (i already use prosilver standard theme as the base!) i miss the UPCOMING EVENTS collumn at the bottom on my main page.

how can i get them back?
thank you very much!!
sorry... found it.
just paste this in the index_body.html of your template (/styles/prosilver/template)

<!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->

<!-- IF S_CALENDAR_WEEK -->
   <!-- INCLUDE calendar_week_on_index.html -->
<!-- ELSEIF S_CALENDAR_NEXT_EVENTS -->
   <!-- INCLUDE calendar_next_events_on_index.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
youngjediknight

Post by youngjediknight »

Holy cow is this really the only calendar mod out there for phpBB3?
youngjediknight

ViolaF wrote:I want to share this here, because in Mod Writer Discussion section it going out of sight..

Alightner Calendar - Canonical - Title - Breadcrumb - Addition
Thanks for this! Just a couple of notes. You need to close your <!--- IF ELSE in overall_header. (before <!-- END navlinks -->). Also in overall_header, rather than use IF SCRIPT, I added "$template->assign_var('S_IN_CALENDAR', true); " to the end of calendar.php and used IF_S_IN CALENDAR instead.
youngjediknight

Bobbele1984 wrote: Hi,

I'm using that style as well. I was able to solve the problem with the buttons by following (Quick & Dirty):
OPEN yourstyle/template/calendar.html
Thanks for this. To be clear, what it looks like is you are replacing the images in imageset with HTML entities such as &#9734; for new events?

Good job with this. I wished this mod was further along. LOTS of ghetto hacks and patches so far lol.
youngjediknight

sssubito wrote:
lupo87 wrote:any way to not display users birthdays in calendar?
As far as I remember this is pretty straightforward...
Or you can just open calendar.html and delete <!-- IF calendar_days.BIRTHDAYS -->{calendar_days.BIRTHDAYS}<!-- ENDIF --> :D
Bobbele1984

Post by Bobbele1984 »

youngjediknight wrote: Thanks for this. To be clear, what it looks like is you are replacing the images in imageset with HTML entities such as &#9734; for new events?
Absolutely. It seems like Arty's HTML5 based styles don't comply with the div class the calendar MOD is using
youngjediknight wrote: Good job with this.
Thank you. It was the only thing I could do... :oops:
youngjediknight wrote: I wished this mod was further along. LOTS of ghetto hacks and patches so far lol.
That's IMHO the spirit of Open Source: Every community member helps each other out. Now let's get alightner's calendar working as a module for Board3 :mrgreen:
youngjediknight

Well this mod is turning into a time pit. Nevermind the sloppy syntax and non-closed divs lol. But now in my most recent iteration of installing this mod (first time I realized it would need a LOT more work so I scrapped it for other more pressing mods), my Latest Topic in Titles mod doesn't show?! LOL
Bobbele1984 wrote: Now let's get alightner's calendar working as a module for Board3 :mrgreen:
And now this LOL. I had always been under the impression that Board3 already had a portal block for this. I was counting on that especially since the total number of calendar mods to choose from for phpBB3 including this is one is ... oh ... ONE lol.

I was relieved somewhat to read this over at Board3 stating that the old portal block should still work: http://www.board3.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5525

I posted on there for clarification as well.

I'm just a bit beside myself that a forum script as popular as phpBB3 doesn't have a calendar or events module. So much for open source.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

If I'm not mistaken, Board3's calendar block comes with the mod. Here's a picture of mine with events enabled.

I know that's not what you mean, but I can't remember anything about the new version of Board3 having a block for this calendar... :|
Muggins
youngjediknight

muggins wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Board3's calendar block comes with the mod.
muggins, to be clear are you using the Board 3 v2.0.1 with the latest beta of this calendar mod and there is already a portal block option in v201 that feeds off of this main calendar mod?

The portal block on your site looks very clean and well done!
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Thanks!

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure there's a bug in the latest calendar block, so I'm using the block from 2.0.0. The new one is one day off, so today's date would fall on a Monday or Wednesday, I forget which.
Muggins

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”