[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
youngjediknight

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by youngjediknight »

Thanks for the heads up muggins. So looks like portabl block calendar is a likely check.

Not to take away from Bobbele's clever use of HTML entities to replace the icons, here is how I replaced those icons with my own ...

Adding Custom Icons to Calendar

I found these icons on the interwebs. Of course you can use your own images. Save these images in your styles\xxx\imageset\ folder:

icon_new_event: Image
icon_view_month: Image
icon_view_week: Image
icon_view_month: Image

Here are the steps to adding them to the imageset.

Open: includes\acp\acp_language.php

Find:

Code: Select all

'icon_post_quote', 'icon_post_report', 'icon_user_online', 'icon_user_offline', 'icon_user_profile', 'icon_user_search', 'icon_user_warn',
Inline add after:

'icon_new_event', 'icon_view_month', 'icon_view_week', 'icon_view_day',
Open: includes\acp\acp_styles.php
(same replacements as in acp_language)

Find:

'icon_post_quote', 'icon_post_report', 'icon_user_online', 'icon_user_offline', 'icon_user_profile', 'icon_user_search', 'icon_user_warn',
Inline add after:

'icon_new_event', 'icon_view_month', 'icon_view_week', 'icon_view_day',
Open: styles\xxx\imageset\imageset.cfg

Find:
[go to end of file]

Add after:
(where 24*24 are the dimensions of the images; update if you resize them)

img_icon_new_event = icon_new_event.png*24*24
img_icon_view_month = icon_view_month.png*24*24
img_icon_view_week = icon_view_week.png*24*24
img_icon_view_day = icon_view_day.png*24*24
Open: includes\functions.php

Find:

'SITE_LOGO_IMG'			=> $user->img('site_logo'),
Add after:

'ICON_NEW_EVENT'			=> $user->img('icon_new_event'),
		'ICON_VIEW_MONTH'		=> $user->img('icon_view_month'),
		'ICON_VIEW_WEEK'			=> $user->img('icon_view_week'),
		'ICON_VIEW_DAY'			=> $user->img('icon_view_day'),

That's it. To insert the icons, simple include for example {ICON_NEW EVENT} into the template file. Here is what my calendar.html looks like using these icons however it has been heavily modded so apply as appropraite:

</li>
				<li class="rightside">
				<!-- IF calendar_days.ADD_LINK -->
					<a href="{calendar_days.ADD_LINK}" title="{L_NEW_EVENT}">{ICON_NEW_EVENT}<span></span></a>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
					<a href="{calendar_days.DAY_VIEW_URL}" title="{L_DAY}">{ICON_VIEW_DAY}<span></span></a>
				<!-- IF calendar_days.WEEK_VIEW_URL -->
					&nbsp;<a href="{calendar_days.WEEK_VIEW_URL}" title="{L_WEEK}">{ICON_VIEW_WEEK}<span></span></a>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF calendar_days.MONTH_VIEW_URL -->
					<a href="{calendar_days.MONTH_VIEW_URL}" title="{L_MONTH}">{ICON_VIEW_MONTH}<span></span></a>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
And last but not least, the money shot lol ...

Hope this helps others. Enjoy!

[EDIT] Please note that it looks like the icons will not show up in calendar_edit. May have something to do with my going the functions route and not functions_calendar. I never liked those icons in the event page anyway. But just a heads up if you do you might want to consider including in functions_calendar.

Also, I linked to the wront view_month icon. I just found these images on google so you can easily find it there (I searched "calendar icon png" and set size to 24x24px exactly).
Last edited by youngjediknight on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

Thanks for sharing.
youngjediknight

The hacking continues!! lol

The hr's dividing events on the calendar were coming out wierd so I made the following changes to make them cleaner and separate only when there are more than one event (basically more like the phpbbcalendarmod.com demo).

(My hacking is very beligerent and I take no notes so bear with me ...)

In calendar.html, find " <!-- IF calendar_days.events.S_LAST_ROW -->"

Move that to before " <!-- END events -->"

For me, I don't want birthdays showing so that new line and surrounding lines look like:

<!-- IF calendar_days.events.COLOR --></span><!-- ENDIF -->
		</a>
		<!-- IF calendar_days.events.S_LAST_ROW --><!-- ELSE --><hr class="hrCal"><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- END events -->
		</td>
My css for hrCal looks like this:

hr.hrCal {
   border-top-color: #cadceb;
   margin-top: 2px;
   margin-bottom: 2px;
}
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Screenshots?
Muggins
youngjediknight

Will do tomorrow night of my progress so far. FYI stupid icons are not showing up on the week and day view pages. Still trying to figure out whats going there.
cossielee

Post by cossielee »

Would love to see the ability to either auto create a thread from the event.

Ical support would also be a major bonus, i currently use a very old and long since ABD topic/event calendar that supports ical, the ical can be imported into your google calendar and email reminders can be set, but even better, members can subscribe to it on iphone/andorid phones which when setup sends asn event reminder 15min beofre it starts, this appears as a notification on your phone.
JuergenBY

Post by JuergenBY »

For me calendar is not working with the portal 2 calendar block. Is there a tut around for beginners?
Ibedejo

Post by Ibedejo »

Hallo Jürgen,

what does "is not working with the portal 2 calendar block" exactly mean?
JuergenBY

Post by JuergenBY »

That means i can`t use calendar (alightner) with the calendar block. The events from calendar (alightner) are not shown in the mini calendar block. I have the possibility to make a new event in my ACP and this is shown in the mini calendar block. But not the events wich are done by the calendar (alightner).
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

They are two separate things, and the event table entries aren't shared. You'd have to rewrite one or the other of them I imagine...
Muggins
youngjediknight

I'm running into a conflict with the NV advanced last topic titles mod. Specifically, the last topic titles are blank spaces. However the last topic titles appear again if I do not make the change to index.php:

// Generate calendar week view or next events if required ...
calendar_display_calendar_on_index();
Anyone else run into this and find a fix for it?
youngjediknight

Ok fellow phpBB calendar crusaders, I've taken my calendar live last night and so far so good. Believe you me, I was a bit nervous all night long expecting to be greeted by a crashed, errored out website this morning but no such issues. The events keep coming and my members so far are grateful for the added functionality. It's by no means perfect in my own eyes but certainly very functional.

I modded this thing heavily as I'm sure each of you have been forced to do as well. I was hoping to document every single change I made for the benefit of this community but that lasted about half an hour. However, I'd be more than willing to share my files if anyone wants them.

Good luck!
Joshua203
Name: Joshua 203

Post by Joshua203 »

You could start by telling on which style you editted and maybe a couple of show-off links?

I can imagine not documenting ALL edits, I gave that part of the idea the boot too.. I modded it bigtime on the Subsilver2 based Black Pearl (style also heavilly modded and now called Smooth Pearl [UnReleased] :lol: )
http://DutchaGoGo.com (development/under construction ..forever?¿?) ;)
youngjediknight

Joshua, yes, I could have been a bit more disciplined about it but I was very short on time and my members were really wanting this. I didn't think there would be absolutely NO calendar mod officially released so I ended up spending way more time on it than I had hoped.

From an SEO perpsective, I don't like posting links to my website on phpbb since I this site has nothing to do with my site. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to see it live.
Joshua203
Name: Joshua 203

Post by Joshua203 »

All I meant was.. if you offer your edits, people will want to look at them as close as posible (even a few pics could help) but the style for your edits can't be missing..in short.. what style did you edit? ;)

I think Allightner has been more or less active quite recently.
Maybe one day it will be validated :?: :lol:

For me it's ok, I just have to look at the portal version and one or two extra ideas maybe.
http://DutchaGoGo.com (development/under construction ..forever?¿?) ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”