[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Joshua203
Name: Joshua 203

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by Joshua203 »

As far as I could see the icons are there, the cfg edits are correct and css edits where there too... I must admit I'm not familiar with either this style or even prosilver.. which is why i think the imageset was never refreshed after the edits in cfg file ;)

EDIT:
ps... If you happen to do your edits via acp, you needto recompile the style before refresh (otherwise you loose the edits!)
http://DutchaGoGo.com (development/under construction ..forever?¿?) ;)
leschek

Post by leschek »

Those icons are in styles\your_style\imageset\en directory. If you use non English language, check if you uploaded icons into your language folder and try delete browser cache (Ctrl + F5).
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

On second thought, I think Hippie459MN is right, the icons show but in a funny way ( maybe using the subsilver set would work?? )
leschek wrote:Those icons are in styles\your_style\imageset\en directory.
Only if you are on a home server ;) :lol:
pegasus81

Post by pegasus81 »

Is possible to insert others fields (address & location) during event creation? Thanks.
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

Just about anything would be possible but who will create it for you?

I think you'ld better use the text field for this imho ;)
FCproductions

Post by FCproductions »

I rarely do this, but I had just installed this on my board and absolutely love it. I use twililghtBB, which is a subsilver based theme, and is one of the trickiest to theme mods correctly on. Got this working in less than 30 minutes with Automod and some slight corrections and variations to the mod.

Excellent work on this, members love it, and it is just what we needed.

Any chance I could get some custom coding by request, if say a donation is made to compensate?
Tzatziki

Post by Tzatziki »

I have tried to install the calender two occations but don't reeeelly getting it to work.
The problem is my permissions, can't edit. I have read the walkthrough, slowly and loud (hehe) but still i don't figure it out.

When i click on "Calender" in "Board Index" it says that i don't have permission ...
But i have given my self all the access i can get .. or not.
Tomala

Post by Tomala »

Tzatziki wrote:I have tried to install the calender two occations but don't reeeelly getting it to work.
The problem is my permissions, can't edit. I have read the walkthrough, slowly and loud (hehe) but still i don't figure it out.

When i click on "Calender" in "Board Index" it says that i don't have permission ...
But i have given my self all the access i can get .. or not.
What I had to do was go into the Group Permissions for Admin and look for the calendar tab, check everything and apply. You'll be able to see the calendar. I just installed it on my board and it's working quite nicely. :D Now I just need to figure out how to install it to a different template.
Feneck91
Name: Stéphane Château

Post by Feneck91 »

Hello everybody.

I would like to use lastest calender version (0.1.1) in french....
SO I took the latest version, copy the files to translate, use the latest french version translation (0.1.0) and by several diff, update the translation.

Little more difficult with xml file to install with automod.
I make comparaison with germain translation and french one...
All seems identical except :

new edit section into germain version that does not exists into french version
includes/acp/acp_language.php:

Code: Select all

<edit>
				<comment lang="en"><![CDATA[Define calendar icons for prosilver style]]></comment>
				<find><![CDATA['icon_back_top', 'icon_contact_aim', 'icon_contact_email', 'icon_contact_icq', 'icon_contact_jabber', 'icon_contact_msnm', 'icon_contact_pm', 'icon_contact_yahoo', 'icon_contact_www', 'icon_post_delete', 'icon_post_edit', 'icon_post_info', 'icon_post_quote', 'icon_post_report', 'icon_user_online', 'icon_user_offline', 'icon_user_profile', 'icon_user_search', 'icon_user_warn', 'button_pm_forward', 'button_pm_new', 'button_pm_reply', 'button_topic_locked', 'button_topic_new', 'button_topic_reply',]]></find>
				<action type="replace-with"><![CDATA['icon_back_top', 'icon_contact_aim', 'icon_contact_email', 'icon_contact_icq', 'icon_contact_jabber', 'icon_contact_msnm', 'icon_contact_pm', 'icon_contact_yahoo', 'icon_contact_www', 'icon_post_delete', 'icon_post_edit', 'icon_calendar_edit_all', 'icon_calendar_delete_all', 'icon_post_info', 'icon_post_quote', 'icon_post_report', 'icon_user_online', 'icon_user_offline', 'icon_user_profile', 'icon_user_search', 'icon_user_warn', 'button_pm_forward', 'button_pm_new', 'button_pm_reply', 'button_topic_locked', 'button_topic_new', 'button_topic_reply', 'button_calendar_new', 'button_calendar_day', 'button_calendar_week', 'button_calendar_month',]]></action>
			</edit>
French section seems to be deleted into french version
styles/prosilver/imageset/fr/imageset.cfg:

Code: Select all

<edit>
				<comment lang="en"><![CDATA[Adjuste length of calendar buttons]]></comment>
				<comment lang="fr"><![CDATA[Ajuste la longueur des boutons pour le calendrier]]></comment>
				<find><![CDATA[img_icon_calendar_edit_all = icon_calendar_edit_all.gif*20*61]]></find>
				<action type="replace-with"><![CDATA[img_icon_calendar_edit_all = icon_calendar_edit_all.gif*20*90]]></action>
			</edit>
So, I need help to make this translation works fine.
Thanks a lot for everybody !
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

As far as I understand, you think the missing/deleted edit will translate the button text... it doesn't!
It will only tell phpbb to add an image to phpbb's config, in reality you need to add the edit to imageset/fr/imageset.cfg AND create a button to replace the English button (located in or uploaded to the imageset/fr directory).

I personally would not use automod for these simple edits, but I don't even use automod for complicated edits anyway ;) I'ld rather blame myself for breaking my boards than blame automod :lol:
Feneck91

Post by Feneck91 »

Ok.
Have seen : includes/acp/acp_language.php not need to modify it
For styles/prosilver/imageset/fr/imageset.cfg
-> I Need to
  • Add img_icon_calendar_edit_all = icon_calendar_edit_all.gif*20*90 after img_button_topic_reply = button_topic_reply.gif*25*96 if it doesn't exists
  • OR Modify img_icon_calendar_edit_all = icon_calendar_edit_all.gif*20*61 to img_icon_calendar_edit_all = icon_calendar_edit_all.gif*20*90 if it already exits
It not exists when no previous translation has been done, else it can exists when previous translation has been executed.

Have a way to do that (add / or modify) into install xml file ?
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

just open styles/prosilver/imageset/fr/imageset.cfg and add BOTH.

Future idea... stop using automod and learn to rely on basic knowledge instead!!! it's easy once you start.. if you think you can edit an install xml, you most certainly are able to add mods manually :roll:
Feneck91

Post by Feneck91 »

I would like to make it for other, It's not just for me...
Joshua203

Post by Joshua203 »

Well if it's fixed for you, I'm done.
If it's for others, you need to find the basic knowledge of creating or editing the xml, do a search in phpbb KB and learn :idea:

I'm pretty much against auto mod dummies to be honest :lol:

Goodluck ;) ,
...Joshua203
krackq

Post by krackq »

We are currently using the calendar on our forum which is very awesome btw. We have a large number of private groups in use on the forum. As a member of the forum administrator group, which has all of the calendar permissions enabled for the group, should I be able to see all group events on the calendar? I can see all of the forum areas that our private groups use as an Administrator. Or, does the Administrators group still need to be explicitly added to the private groups to see the calendar events. As a test, I have a private group event on the calendar that can be seen by group members, but not forum administrators. If I add the forum administrators group to that private group membership, I can now see the calendar event. Is this functioning as it should? I was hoping that as an administrator I would not need to add it to every forum group to see events.

Thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”