Page 4 of 284

Re: [DEV] phpBB Calendar (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:58 pm
by alightner
SaWey wrote:Will the package also contain the option to select who will be able to view the event?
(As in the demo, this is disabled)
That is not disabled in the demo... when you create an event you have the option to specify "Who can see this event" and you choices are personal, group, or public. If you choose "Group" then the group selection for "Which group can see this event" becomes enabled. Javascript is required to enable and disable the different options as you make your selections, so if you have javascript disabled that could be your problem.

Re: [DEV] phpBB Calendar (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:07 pm
by alightner
GoleyC wrote:Before you package it up, you should double check the 'week' view text, as the one in the demo is showing {WEEK} instead of the text word Week.

This shows up when adding an event.
Good catch - it's fixed now :D

Re: [DEV] phpBB Calendar (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:14 pm
by SaWey
alightner wrote:
SaWey wrote:...
That is not disabled in the demo... when you create an event you have the option to specify "Who can see this event" and you choices are personal, group, or public. If you choose "Group" then the group selection for "Which group can see this event" becomes enabled. Javascript is required to enable and disable the different options as you make your selections, so if you have javascript disabled that could be your problem.
Ah, yes, hadn't seen the "personal/group/public" drop down.
Sorry to bother you with that. :oops:

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm
by alightner
I just released it for download... (see start of topic thread for more details)

Note that the Italian translation is not packaged with the downloadable zip file for two reasons.
  1. I made a few updates to language files so the translation needs a few updates too
  2. I don't know how to package the language packs for distribution. I'm hoping the translators can help with that part ;)

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:51 pm
by kwh1
Thanks for all of your hard work.

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:54 pm
by PaoDoc
alightner wrote:I just released it for download... (see start of topic thread for more details)

Note that the Italian translation is not packaged with the downloadable zip file for two reasons.
  1. I made a few updates to language files so the translation needs a few updates too
  2. I don't know how to package the language packs for distribution. I'm hoping the translators can help with that part ;)
I'll install the mod asap and I'll see what we should do for the italian traslation ;)

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:55 pm
by moifest
Wow. Fantastic.

Will do this today 8-)

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:57 pm
by GoleyC
A few things to possibly think about in the next Alpha release.

Feature / Navigation Request:
When viewing the days events, it would be practical to allow one to click on the days date and see all the event(s) listed for that day. As it is now, the days date takes you to the add event option. There is already a star for this action.

Feature:
Provide a legend for what the color coded groups are. Hidden color coded groups legend will not show for those not in that group. Provide a drop-down to show only a certain group events in the calendar.

Display Tweak:
  • Month/Year and drop-down boxes needs to be more centered over the entire calendar. It appears to float more left.
  • Next/Previous month "<< >>" would be better if they actually said Previous Month/Next Month or have some type of icon instead. In addition, be on the same line as the Month/Year.

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:19 pm
by alightner
GoleyC wrote:Feature / Navigation Request:
When viewing the days events, it would be practical to allow one to click on the days date and see all the event(s) listed for that day. As it is now, the days date takes you to the add event option. There is already a star for this action.
You can already to this by clicking on the clock: Image
If having the hyperlink date to create a new event on that day is confusing I can disable the link altogether.
GoleyC wrote:Feature:
Provide a legend for what the color coded groups are. Hidden color coded groups legend will not show for those not in that group. Provide a drop-down to show only a certain group events in the calendar.
Events are color coded by the event type class (the admin defines the event types in the ACP). They are not color coded by who is invited. Therefore a legend of the different event types is a good idea, but a legend based on groups (ie who's invited) would not make sense.
GoleyC wrote: Display Tweak:
  • Month/Year and drop-down boxes needs to be more centered over the entire calendar. It appears to float more left.
  • Next/Previous month "<< >>" would be better if they actually said Previous Month/Next Month or have some type of icon instead. In addition, be on the same line as the Month/Year.
I can look into those - but I know I spent a really really long time getting them lined up as good as they are now... everything that looked like it should have fixed those problems just made them worse :( Perhaps a style guru could tell me how to fix them after they install the mod and play around with it for a while ;)

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:59 pm
by renet
hey! thanks for that mod, but somehow i*m not able to add the modules to my acp menu... they simply don*t appear, even though they*re activated... is there an incompatibility with phpbb 3.0.0 gold? thx for your reply =)

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:07 pm
by alightner
LOL - I didn't add the ACP support until I was working against the gold release. Did you enable them? I actually have mine disabled because I prefer to access them from the General tab under board configuration.

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:07 pm
by moifest
Did you remember to purge the cache after adding the new options.

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:09 pm
by alightner
Also - did you purge your cache ;)

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:10 pm
by renet
ah that worked... sorry, and thanks =)

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.0 (alightner/spacedog)

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:23 pm
by moozer
Hey Alightner, thanks you for this great script :D

I noticed a few minor mistakes. Mostly layouting things but those I will modify myself.
One thing that maybe you can fix for the next release, in every month the current date is highlighted. Today its the 6th and when viewing for example March, the 6th is also highlighted.

You are doing a great job on this! Thank you very very very much :)