[ABD] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
fornit

[ABD] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Post by fornit » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:21 am

Hi,

there is a new bridge avilable for everybody who wants to use phpBB3 together with Coppermine gallery. It is based on the latest versions and seems to run without problems.

Regards
fornit

MOD Title
BRIDGE: Coppermine 1.4.14 <-> phpBB 3.0.0

MOD Description - The idea behind this bridge
Requirements for bridge funtionality:
  • assignment of coppermine administration rights via phpBB3 permission system
  • support of permission granularity of phpBB3
  • assignment of coppermine administration rights not only to phpBB3 admins but also to phpBB3 moderators
  • select option for bot handling (e.g. googlebot): let bots spider coppermine gallery or not
There is no other bridge available who offers that functionality, so this bridge has been written.

MOD Version
Written by Stephen from team-andro.com
Finished at 02.01.2008, v0.9.0
Tested on windows (xp), apache 2, php 5, mysql 5 and linux (debian), apache 2, php 5, mysql 5.

MOD Download
http://www.team-andro.com/download-co3270.html

How to install

1. Unzip the file "bridge cpg1414-phpbb3 v0.9.0.zip"

2. Open phpmyadmin and select the phpBB3 database. Execute the SQL-statements below.
IMPORTANT: table prefix is assumed to be "phpbb". Change here, if you have another prefix!
- e.g. your prefix is phpbb3 => change `phpbb_acl_options` to `phpbb3_acl_options`

INSERT INTO `phpbb_acl_options` ( `auth_option_id` , `auth_option` , `is_global` , `is_local` , `founder_only` )
VALUES (
'', 'a_cpgadmin', '1', '0', '0'
);

INSERT INTO `phpbb_acl_options` ( `auth_option_id` , `auth_option` , `is_global` , `is_local` , `founder_only` )
VALUES (
'', 'm_cpgadmin', '1', '0', '0'
);

3. Replace the file in your phpBB3-folder: /phpBB3/language/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php by the same file in the same folder coming with the attachment.
IMPORTANT: If you have made previous changes to that file, don't do the replacement. Open the file coming with the attachment and search for "Stephen". Implement the changes manually.

4. Delete cache file in your phpBB3-folder: /phpBB3/cache/data_acl_options.php

5. Start phpBB3 and go to administration control panel. Make settings as follows:
  • Select tab bar "PERMISSIONS"
  • Under "GLOBAL PERMISSIONS" select "Groups' Permissions"
  • At "Look up usergroup" choose "Administrators"
  • Click on "Submit"
  • At "Select Type" choose "Admin Permissions"
  • Click on "Go"
  • Click on "Advanced Permissions"
  • Select tab bar "Misc"
  • Set "Can manage coppermine gallery" to "Yes"
  • Click on "Apply permissions"
-> Now the group "Administrators" has the right to administrate (manage) coppermine gallery.
-> Please note: This is only one way of permission setting and there are other ways. The bridge supports all of them.
-> 2nd note: There is a moderator option for coppermine administration, too.

6. Replace the file in your coppermine-folder: /coppermine/bridgemgr.php by the same file in the same folder coming with the attachment.
IMPORTANT: If you have made previous changes to that file, don't do the replacement. Open the file coming with the attachment and search for "Stephen". All changes are clearly marked. Please implement the changes in your file manually.

7. Replace the file in your coppermine-folder: /coppermine/bridge/phpbb3.inc.php by the same file in the same folder coming with the attachment.
Please note: This file is new, so don't worry for overwriting previous changes.

8. Replace the file in your coppermine-folder: /coppermine/lang/english.php
IMPORTANT: If you have made previous changes to that file, don't do the replacement. Open the file coming with the attachment and search for "Stephen". All changes are clearly marked. Please implement the changes in your file manually.

9. Start coppermine, login with a user who has admin rights.

10. Start bridge manager:
Enter the follwing url in your browser http://www.yourdomain.com/coppermine/bridgemgr.php (-> Hope it's clear that this must be your domain and your coppermine-directory ;-) )
  • Click on "Start bridging wizard"
  • Choose " phpBB 3.0.0", click on "next>>"
  • Enter "forum url" and "relative path ...", click on "next>>"
  • Set "Use post-based groups?" to "no" (you can change that setting later, if you want).
  • Set "Bot login?" to "yes" (you can change that setting later, if you want), click on "next>>".
  • Click on "Finish".
And that's it ;-)

If you have questions please don't hesitate to contact me here in the forum or at stephen@team-andro.com

Nielk1

Re: [BETA] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Post by Nielk1 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:39 am

I'm backing up my database and forum/gallery dirs now.

I'll edit with my success.

EDIT:
Issues (Probably my fault):
When I am logged out, it redirects me to the phpbb3 login as correct, but when I am logged into the forum, it goes to the index of the forum. I cannot log in to the gallery, nor does it notice I am logged in.

I have never bridged coppermine before, so, is it the fault of some of the other values in my gallery_bridge table in the databse? I notice your mod never mentions cookie name, table names, etc. What of these do I have to set?

EDIT2: IT WAS MY FAULT! I fixed it pretty fast. It was just the cookie name database entry. Did your instructions mention that (for those who are first time users of coppermine like me).

I will move my website to its new URL today so that I can begin the real testing. Now all I need is a mantis integration.

fornit

Post by fornit » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi,

thank you for testing.

Hm, that's interesting what you write about the cookie name. It is not in the coppermine_bridge table because the bridge gets it (together with some other parameters) from the phpbb_config table.

So, it should work without that table entry.

Would be interesting to know what happens if you remove that entry and try to start coppermine again.

Regards
fornit

Nielk1

Post by Nielk1 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:01 pm

It is because I tried to use the original one from the Coppermine site. Although I took it out the enties for table names and other data where still in the bridge table. :roll:

Rosca

Post by Rosca » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Hello,

Where can we see demo for this mod, it sounds interesting for me, but I need to see a demo(photo or live).

Thanks.

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Doesnt work. The fields where I am supposed to fill in cookie settings and path in the bridgemgr are inactivated so I cannot put anything there.

fornit

Post by fornit » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:55 pm

You don't have to fill cookie settings in the bridge manager.

All those settings are available in the config table of phpBB3. The bridge takes it from there.

Regards
fornit

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:56 pm

I had to update the database in coppermine so now it seems to work...lets see.

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Works like a charm. You have done a great job. Thank you so much!

fornit

Post by fornit » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Ok, thank you very much for testing ;)

Regards
fornit

DJ Jonny

Post by DJ Jonny » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:04 am

so does this mod work now without any problems ?

fornit

Post by fornit » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:07 am

Well, one could say that it looks good until now. But let us see which problems might occur.

Regards
fornit

bosss

Post by bosss » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:01 am

have tested this mod and works fine... have some questions .. how come back from coppermine -gallery to forum (think on some link in copp gallery not page back - many times ... ) and if some users come first to gallery and reg there...should they become reg. users on forum also?

bosss

fornit

Post by fornit » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:57 pm

The bridge is only the basis for integration of Coppermine and phpBB3.

If you run Coppermine and phpBB3 in a productive System it will make sense to have things like a common naviagtion and a common layout. The common navigation should include links to the forum and to the gallery, too.

If you just want to get an idea how this can look like, you are welcome to have a look at my domain, which is still working with phpBB2 but makes also use of Coppermine and some other applications. Go to http://www.team-andro.com/phpBB2 and login with
user: demo
password: demo

When a user comes to the gallery first and tries to register he will be redirected to phpBB3, so he can only register in the forum. So, this should not become a problem.

Regards
fornit

fornit

Post by fornit » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:30 pm

One bug was reported and is fixed now. You find the new version v0.9.1 under the same link as the original one:
http://www.team-andro.com/download-co3270.html

The change was done in the file phpbb3.inc.php, installation procedure doesn't change.

The bug in the previous version occurs if the database name includes a dash "-".

Regards
fornit

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”