[ABD] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
MavrcK

Re: [BETA] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Post by MavrcK » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:57 pm

im going to just over write the stramm pack with original gallery files to see if that might of caused anything. Without a working bridge i wanted user interaction, but since this bridge works, i guess I wont be needing mod gallery. Seems like that error is pointing to some mod specific stuff like avatar in posts and user posting images etc

MavrcK

Post by MavrcK » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:12 pm

lol okay that was the problem. I guess stramms modded pack doesn't work since it tries to connect avatars and some other stuff that the bridge doesn't understand. Anyway.. over wrote his pack with original gallery files and it seems to be working fine, i just gotta fix the theme a bit.

Thanks for the bridge, i've been waiting for this. Great work. Thank you

fornit

Post by fornit » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:19 pm

I have marked the problem in the SQL-Statement bold:

SELECT c.msg_id, c.msg_author, c.msg_body, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(msg_date) AS msg_date, c.author_id, c.author_md5_id, c.msg_raw_ip, c.msg_hdr_ip, c.pid, u. AS avatar_url FROM cpg1411_comments AS c LEFT JOIN `database name`.phpbb_users AS u ON c.author_id=u.user_id WHERE pid='1' ORDER BY c.msg_id ASC" on 0

It should be "u.user_avatar" instead of "u." only.

But if it is now working I fine, then let's forget that, thank you for testing ;)

Regards
fornit

P.S.: Your site has a nice design, I like it :)

MavrcK

Post by MavrcK » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Hey thank you very much. Hopefully someone who has the same problem might find this.

Glad you like it 8-)

Nielk1

Post by Nielk1 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:11 am

If you are having any issue with loggin in between the coppermine and forum, the cookie name is the issue. It is supposed to autodetect, but those who had attempted the previous bridge might ahve this issue. The problem is the cokie prefix. Just make it the same as the one for your forum and it is problem solved. :mrgreen:

Now, looks like I need to update what I have installed. I think I just pop in the new single bridge php file.

bogusffl

Post by bogusffl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:15 am

Works great. Thanks. I've been looking all over for one of these. Now if I could find one for Joomla 1.5
:lol:

cordiafreaks

Post by cordiafreaks » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:26 am

I've tried bridging using both versions of this MOD, and neither have been successful.

When I try to do anything I get: There was an error while processing a database query and there's no "album" buttons or "upload" buttons or anything, only when I unbridge coppermine does it enable the upload and album buttons...

Here's my cookie settings for PHPBB3...
Cookie domain: cordiafreaks.com
Cookie name: phpbb3_dcehy
Cookie path: /

And for Coppermine...
Cookie name: cpg140
Cookie path: /

My gallery is located at: http://cordiafreaks.com/cpg1410

Nielk1

Post by Nielk1 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:30 am

The bridge cookie (in the cpg_bridge table!!!) should be the same as the phpbb3 one. As for your error, if it still occurs check if the databse query was proccessed corectly and you put the correct table prefixes in when you ran it.

cordiafreaks

Post by cordiafreaks » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:45 am

I've tried bridging it a few times using the same cookie names... but nothing works!

fornit

Post by fornit » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi,

please activate the debug mode in coppermines admin menu. Reactivate the bridge then and give me the details of those error messages.

I must see the detailed SQLs to be able to identify what's going wrong.

Which version of coppermine do you use? Are there modifications in your coppermine code?

It seems unlikely that this issue is related to the cookie settings.

Regards
fornit

cordiafreaks

Post by cordiafreaks » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:26 pm

I have decided to install a different gallery system, this issue was way over my head!
so I thankyou for your time taken to respond to my query! Assistance no longer required...

Steve :geek:

ScrapHutInc

Post by ScrapHutInc » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:44 pm

I finally found out what my problem was...

I had cookie secure turned on in PHPBB.

When setting up PHPBB, I had turned this on because my site is SSL. Apparently Coppermine and PHPBB are not running as SSL and having this turned on causes an issue. The reason I thought to turn this off was that I noticed the meesage for this setting. "If your server is running via SSL set this to enabled else leave as disabled. Having this enabled and not running via SSL will result in server errors during redirects."

Phew, finally!

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Scrap Hut - The Right Products, The Right Price, Right Now! http://www.scrap-hut.com

fornit

Post by fornit » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Thank you for that information. I will put a note into the installation instructions of the bridge.

So, I'm glad that you could get it running finally ;)

Regards
fornit

Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:11 am

This is absolutely wonderful, thanks so much. Everything worked fine on the first try, cookies and all.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

XBLFan

Post by XBLFan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:04 am

Works great for me. Only complaint is that when I go to groups on coppermine, all of the settings reset themselves each time.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”