[ABD] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Topdrag

Re: [BETA] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Post by Topdrag » Mon May 19, 2008 8:03 pm

I am just wondering if this will screw up comments and caption data after the install. I know of other bridges that will mess those up if there is already photos in the system.

katierunyon

Post by katierunyon » Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 pm

Alright, when I try to complete the bridge, I receive this error:

Code: Select all

Critical error

There was an error while processing a database query.

While executing query "SET NAMES 'utf8'" on Resource id #33 mySQL error: Unknown system variable 'NAMES'

File: /home/content/k/a/t/katierunyon/html/coppermine/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 249
Then I have to clear out the database and reinstall coppermine.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:07 pm

More than likely your mysql version is not up to date...at least not up to date for coppermine.

I think I remember seeing that mysql had to be at least 4.1...not really sure though

And as your question deals with coppermine and has nothing to do with phpbb, you should be seeking support from the coppermine site. :)
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

katierunyon

Post by katierunyon » Tue May 20, 2008 12:02 am

I'm using version 5.0 for my coppermine database. That is the error I receive when trying to bridge coppermine with phpBB3 and this is the thread for that bridge. If I tried posting on coppermine, they would only tell me that this bridge is not supported and to go here. They aren't a very helpful bunch there. I have no idea what the error means and am hoping someone could give some insight.

SSEi95

Post by SSEi95 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:53 pm

I also get
There was an error while processing a database query
while setting this up. I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall of coppermine about 5 times. I was able to get it working on my test forum (not an exact copy of the prod one, buit close), but it will not work on this one. No other errors are displayed. The actual stand aloneinstall of coppermine works fine.

EDIT: found the actual error message now
While executing query "SET NAMES 'utf8'" on Resource id #33

mySQL error: Unknown system variable 'NAMES'
EDIT again: Seems to be fixed. I did the same thing they did for a similar, but diiferent error that is located on this page of this thread. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a

katierunyon

Post by katierunyon » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Yay! I finally got it to work. Thanks for posting that.

isloera

Post by isloera » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:19 am

I know how frustrating it is to deal with this bridging issues so here I'll give you the problem that I had while trying to make this mod work.

Versions:
  • PhpBB 3.0.1
  • cpg1.4.18
Problem description:

After clicking "login" in Coppermine I was redirected to phpBB3 to login and then I was redirected back to Coppermine with no problems. The strange behavior that I experienced was that once I went back to phpBB3 and decided to come back to Coppemine, I was not logged in anymore.

Solution:

The link to Coppemine in my phpBB3 was:

http://yourwebsite.com/gallery

instead of

http://www.yourwebsite.com/gallery.

Believe it or not, that took me two days to figure out until today :roll:.

I know this seems to be a simple and hard to miss detail, but just in case I'm letting you know about it.

The settings that worked for me:
  • CPG Config Settings
  • Cookie name: cpg_mg1234
  • Cookie path: /
  • cpg_bridge table in your CPG database
  • cookie_prefix: phpbb3_9by45
  • phpBB Cookie Settings
  • Cookie domain: www.yourwebsite.com
  • Cookie name: phpbb3_9by45
  • Cookie path: /
  • Cookie Secured: disabled
*Notice that the cookie name in the cpg_bridge table is the same as the cookie in phpBB.

So remember NOT to miss any www. on any links you have to the Gallery like I did ;)

Hythshade

Post by Hythshade » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:21 am

Has anyone been able to add a link to coppermine gallery in viewtopic to each users gallery?
I would just like to add a link under the users avatar
Like this ../gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid= and be able to add the $poster_id to the url...
If not can anyone point me to a thread that might get me started figuring out how to do that?

Thanks

jazzman

Post by jazzman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:46 am

Coppermine 1.4.18 and pbpBB3 v9.0 bridge installation.
This problem may already have been addressed. I have read all 263 posts on this thread but because I am an end-user with very little knowledge of program stuff I cannot see the woods for the trees:

I accidentally started the bridge wizard installation for phpBB2 which comes in the Coppermine 1.4.18 package before I realised that this must not be used for phpBB3.

I stopped the installation at this message:

"So far, the settings you specified have been written into the database, but BBS integration hasn't been enabled. You can switch integration on/off later at any time. Make sure to remember the admin username and password from standalone Coppermine, you might need it later to be able to make any changes. If anything goes wrong, go to http://nittayo.org/cpg1418//bridgemgr.php and disable BBS integration there, using your standalone (unbridged) admin account (usually the one you set up during Coppermine install)"

Can I really leave it at that, or do I have to manually uninstall/unwrite something before I follow the instructions to install the v0.9 bridge?

BTW: On other issues, I agree that the Coppermine support admins are extremely rude. They are lucky that their sw is so popular.

isloera

Post by isloera » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:23 pm

jazzman wrote: ...Can I really leave it at that, or do I have to manually uninstall/unwrite something before I follow the instructions to install the v0.9 bridge?

BTW: On other issues, I agree that the Coppermine support admins are extremely rude. They are lucky that their sw is so popular.
You shouldn't have any problems since, when you install it, you will run the bridge manager in coppermine and select phpBB3.

I totally agree about the Coppemine forums. It's almost depressing to go there and ask for help and the forum administrator, Joachim Müller, could spend just as much time and energy sending private messages to the users that have broken his forum's rules and maybe deleting the ofending posts than publicly scolding them, which he likes to do,like an old grouchy grandpa. The forum is full of his complaints about the users. He repeats himself constantly and it is annoying when you are reading the posts.

InnovationsStudio

Post by InnovationsStudio » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:13 am

Followed the Instructions for v0.9.4 but fell at last, anyone help please...

At enable received this:-

There was an error while processing a database query.

While executing query "SET NAMES 'utf8'" on Resource id #35

mySQL error: Unknown system variable 'NAMES'

Ian

Jord070

Post by Jord070 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:33 pm

hi guys,

jsut need a little help, im sure it will be something simple, but i still dont kno wwhat it is,

the problem is when i go to bridgemgr.php it picks up my forum url fine, but the location of BB's config file,
it says

Code: Select all

* ../phpBB3/config.php doesn't exist. Correct the value you entered for Relative path to your BBS's config file
the location is correct, but it cant access or find it.

I installed it to the wrong directry before and didnt notice untill i finished the bridgemgr and it worked fine, so i dont know what would have changed between the 10 minutes.

any hint would be good

my forum is, forum.windsurfjournal.org,

tjnashster

Post by tjnashster » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:20 pm

is it possible to keep my coppermine user list as i already have a community on both coppermine and phpbb3 and do not want to confuse my users?? :D :D Sorry if this has been asked before but i could not find it!

achievehigh.org

Post by achievehigh.org » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:33 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:More than likely your mysql version is not up to date...at least not up to date for coppermine.

I think I remember seeing that mysql had to be at least 4.1...not really sure though

And as your question deals with coppermine and has nothing to do with phpbb, you should be seeking support from the coppermine site. :)
I was excited when I found this mod. However, after reading this "quoted" message and the Katierunyon's message right above and below it, I am not sure if I should install this mod. How do I know when it's a Coppermine question and when it's a question that I need to ask in this mod thread. Too confusing for me. I will also need to update Coppermine along with this mod throughout the year? Is this how it works if I use this mod to bridge Coppermine with my converted phpbb3 forum? Please reply. Thanks.

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:27 pm

is using this mod will make the session and users separate for phpbb and coppermine or they will only use one user table and session management ? How about the header and footer used? How can i make coppermine gallery use the header and footer of phpbb.. how about the phpbb template used? can i apply the prosilver theme using the phpbb template/cache system? is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”