[ABD] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
demoniavbh

Re: [BETA] Bridge Coppermine <-> phpBB3, v0.9.0

Post by demoniavbh »

You should better wait till he provides the new version :)
macmiller

Post by macmiller »

I am running phpbb 3.0.2 with coppermine 1.4.16

The bridge basically works with no errors being generated.

However, when a user uploads an image they get the message:

'The previous file was placed successfully'
'Your file was uploaded successfully'
'It will be visible after admin approval'

And if I log in as admin I can approve the picture and it show up.

Under the CPG Groups configuration settings there is a CPG Registered Users and Public albums upload which is Allowed = Yes, Approval = No

I am not sure why the approval step is getting triggered. Basically it is as if the users are being seen as guests.

[Just verified the users are being seen as guests, as if I set the CPG Guests to Approval = No the pictures upload OK. --> So the question is why are the users being seen as guests, is there some setup I'm missing?

Please help!
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Try re-running the bridge wizard.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
macmiller

Post by macmiller »

I ran the bridge again. After the bridge run it still didn't work. I then tweaked the settings under the Groups in coppermine. Here is how I have them set now and it seems to be working.

CPG Registered Users
Public Albums upload / Personal gallery
allowed Yes Allowed No
approval no approval No
CPG Guests
Public Albums upload / Personal gallery
allowed no Allowed No
approval no approval No

Thanks for the help.....
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Strange...the bridge should have brought in your groups from your phpBB3 forum. Well at least you got it all working.
fornit

Post by fornit »

Hi,

the bridge will bring in the groups from phpBB3 if "post based groups" is set to "yes". By default it's set to "no".

After a user has been assigned to the respective group (e.g. "CPG Registered Users") by the bridge the assignment of rights goes the normal way. This means, that this is done by the standard procedures coming from Coppermine.

Regards
Stephen
macmiller

Post by macmiller »

would there be any problem having two bridged coppermine/phpbb3's on the dame domain, eg. www.mysite.com/forum -> www.mysite.com/gallery and www.mysite.com/anotherforum -> www.mysite.com/anothergallery?

I know it seems like it shouldn't be any problem, but for some reason on the second setup I am doing (which is a test environment) the admin isn't recognized so the admin buttons don't show up and the registered users don't get the buttons to add/maintain albums. The original setup is working fine.

The groups data matches between the installs. I know it is probably something simple, but I have spent a bunch of time looking and can't seem to see it. Could it be a problem with cookies?
macmiller

Post by macmiller »

I have been looking at this some more. Here is more info on the two current problems I'm having:

problem #1) when the bridging wizard runs it sets the cpg1410_users table row 'group_id', 'CPG Registered Users' field 'can_create_albums' = 0, shouldn't this be initially set to 1 to allow the registered users to be able to create albums? Is it the bridge manager that sets this? Initially it is set to 1 before the manager runs and then it gets set to 0.

problem #2) If I change this field to 1, the 'registered users' can create albums. However, admin still comes over as a 'registerd user', not as the admin, so doesn't get the admin buttons. What would cause this?
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Problem 1 is probably just a bug. The author would need to take care of that in the next release.

Problem 2 probably has to do with the fact that the admin user is listed undr Administrators and Users. Not sure if you can take the administrator out of the users group though... :?:
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

I'm using the latest versions of both phpbb and coppermine, and I have a small issue concerning quota and groups.

Bridge went fine with no errors reported and all groups imported and permissions can be set and stay.

The issue is when I click on "users" in the coppermine admin area, I get a member listing (in coppermine, should this redirect to phpbb memberlist?) listing the users as "CPG Registered Users" showing how may files they have uploaded etc etc. If I click on a member name there it takes me to their profile in phpbb.

The "CPG Registered Users" should be the names of the member groups set up in phpbb, the only members that are NOT CPG Reg/Us are myself (admin) and the global mods that I setup as "Can administer Coppermine" in the phpbb permissions at install time. Those global mods and myself show up as "CPG Admin"

Is this a known issue or something you need more info on? Can this be fixed so I can set a quota for my different groups from phpbb?

Regards

Wookie
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

I don't see where the issue is. That you click on the coppermine memberlist and it shows the coppermine memberlist which then redirects to the phpBB profile? (this is what you've identified as what the issue is) That doesn't sound like much of an issue.
MoLew

Post by MoLew »

There is a little anomoly with the groups thing, since all phpBB usergroups are given access as "CPG Registered" and not as the groups set up within phpBB.

It's not a major issue, but took me by surprise when all users from phpBB except admins/mods were initially given carte blanche on CPG. I just dialed down the settings for "CPG Registered", but had hoped to allow certain groups from phpBB more access to CPG than standard registered users.
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

DavidIQ wrote:I don't see where the issue is. That you click on the coppermine memberlist and it shows the coppermine memberlist which then redirects to the phpBB profile? (this is what you've identified as what the issue is) That doesn't sound like much of an issue.
The issue is, as I wrote...Groups import from phpbb, but in the coppermine "users" listing, only CPG registered Users and CPG Admin exist, therefore quotas cannot be set for those phpbb groups imported unless its a blanket quota for all usergroups apart form admin.

Regards

Wookie
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Wookie1664 wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:I don't see where the issue is. That you click on the coppermine memberlist and it shows the coppermine memberlist which then redirects to the phpBB profile? (this is what you've identified as what the issue is) That doesn't sound like much of an issue.
The issue is, as I wrote...Groups import from phpbb, but in the coppermine "users" listing, only CPG registered Users and CPG Admin exist, therefore quotas cannot be set for those phpbb groups imported unless its a blanket quota for all usergroups apart form admin.

Regards

Wookie
Since we're quoting each other...
Wookie1664 wrote:The issue is when I click on "users" in the coppermine admin area, I get a member listing (in coppermine, should this redirect to phpbb memberlist?) listing the users as "CPG Registered Users" showing how may files they have uploaded etc etc. If I click on a member name there it takes me to their profile in phpbb.
So now that you've decided what you're really complaining about, the problem is you didn't activate the post count based groups feature in the bridge and is why it's using the groups from Coppermine instead of your groups in phpBB.
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

MoLew wrote:There is a little anomoly with the groups thing, since all phpBB usergroups are given access as "CPG Registered" and not as the groups set up within phpBB.

It's not a major issue, but took me by surprise when all users from phpBB except admins/mods were initially given carte blanche on CPG. I just dialed down the settings for "CPG Registered", but had hoped to allow certain groups from phpBB more access to CPG than standard registered users.
Same thing for your issue...you need to use the post count based groups feature of the bridge.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”