[ABD] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by demon327 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:43 am

Cashis wrote:is this MOD still being supported??

I need a Multi Quote MOD but i can't seem to get this one going and cant find it on the Authors site.

Does anyone know of any other Multi Quote MODs? I keep hitting dead ends :(
The author took it offline cause it won't work anymore sinds 3.0.6 ;)

Cashis
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by Cashis » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:00 am

demon327 wrote:
Cashis wrote:is this MOD still being supported??

I need a Multi Quote MOD but i can't seem to get this one going and cant find it on the Authors site.

Does anyone know of any other Multi Quote MODs? I keep hitting dead ends :(
The author took it offline cause it won't work anymore sinds 3.0.6 ;)

Well that sucks :(

I thought there would be more available options out there aswell but i guess not :(

I will keep searching and maybe request.

Thanks for the reply.

User avatar
IPB_Refugee
Registered User
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by IPB_Refugee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:09 pm

demon327 wrote:The author took it offline cause it won't work anymore sinds 3.0.6
That's intersting because the MOD still works on 3.0.7-PL1. ;)

Regards
Wolfgang

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by demon327 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:20 pm

IPB_Refugee wrote:
demon327 wrote:The author took it offline cause it won't work anymore sinds 3.0.6
That's intersting because the MOD still works on 3.0.7-PL1. ;)

Regards
Wolfgang
strange, id stopt working when i upgraded to 3.0.6 :cry:

Cashis
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by Cashis » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:41 pm

IPB_Refugee wrote:
demon327 wrote:The author took it offline cause it won't work anymore sinds 3.0.6
That's intersting because the MOD still works on 3.0.7-PL1. ;)

Regards
Wolfgang

Did you have to make any adjustments while installing it to you 3.0.7 board?
I have tried to install this on mine and just fails as in will not multi quote.

If you have made changes to get it to work with 3.0.7 then can you please post them so i can give it a go?

User avatar
Ashley.S.
Registered User
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
Name: Ashley .S.
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by Ashley.S. » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:35 pm

I could get it working with 3.0.6 (I also presume it would be the same for 3.0.7 & 3.0.7-PL1) fine but it caused the quoting system with Prime Quick Reply to break :(
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ ProphpBB Free Forum Hosting Moderator ]

User avatar
IPB_Refugee
Registered User
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by IPB_Refugee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:39 pm

@Cashis:

I installed it a long time ago (maybe when 3.0.2 was the current version) and it never stopped working for me. Unfortunately I do not have the install instructions anymore.

Regards
Wolfgang

User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by primehalo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:42 pm

I should also point out that phpbb already lets you multiquote when on the message composition screen. That's what I tended to use even after I had created this MOD.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by spaceace » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:46 am

i actually found this mod very useful especially when coupled with prime quick reply. and i have no intention
of removing it. just hope i can keep it working through the phpBB updates in the future ;)

User avatar
Jorup16
Registered User
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Zacapa, Guatemala
Name: Jorge
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by Jorup16 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:20 am

*Capmaster* wrote:Great mod, primehalo! 8-)

Just one thing (I know ...impossible to satisfy everybody :roll: ) that I see as a limitation - It doesn't seem to work across pages in a multi-page topic. For example, selecting posts on page one, then clicking on page two seems to lose the selections from page one.

Is there any fix for this?

Even if there isn't, this is a handy and useful mod as-is, and has been greeted with enthusiasm by my members who have also grown weary of manually copying/pasting quotes from different posts. Nice work!!

Bump... :D

User avatar
IPB_Refugee
Registered User
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by IPB_Refugee » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:40 am

primehalo wrote:I should also point out that phpbb already lets you multiquote when on the message composition screen. That's what I tended to use even after I had created this MOD.
I didn't know that! Of course I tested it immediately and... unfortunately the phpBB feature doesn't work for me. :lol: So probably I missed to update my style's HTML or JavaScript files at some point. F**k!

Unfortunately I guess that this thread will be closed when some observing moderator reads it (just like they did with the topic [RC] Android iPhone Nokia native app for phpBB - Tapatalk) because of the missing download feasibility.

Did I already thank you for all of your great MODs, Ken? (Some of them really should be included into phpBB's core code.) I just installed Prime Update E-Mail and it works like a charm! (I just modified your code in a way that users who have to update their mail addresses can do everything on the board except reading posts.)

Have a nice Sunday!
Wolfgang

User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by primehalo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:09 am

Jorup16 wrote:
*Capmaster* wrote:Great mod, primehalo! 8-)

Just one thing (I know ...impossible to satisfy everybody :roll: ) that I see as a limitation - It doesn't seem to work across pages in a multi-page topic. For example, selecting posts on page one, then clicking on page two seems to lose the selections from page one.

Is there any fix for this?

Even if there isn't, this is a handy and useful mod as-is, and has been greeted with enthusiasm by my members who have also grown weary of manually copying/pasting quotes from different posts. Nice work!!

Bump... :D
Nope, no fix, I am not updating this MOD anymore.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

Sir Glen
Registered User
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:43 pm

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by Sir Glen » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:43 am

I've got an odd problem. The mod appears to have been installed completely correctly, however the multi-quote only quotes the first post checked when I click "reply", and when I click the quote button on a checked post it only quotes the thread I clicked "quote" on, not any of the other checked threads. I'm not getting any errors or anything, but the multi-quote functionality isn't working at all.

This is on 3.0.7-PL1 and yes I refreshed the template and cleared the cache.

Any ideas?

User avatar
Jorup16
Registered User
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Zacapa, Guatemala
Name: Jorge
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by Jorup16 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:58 am

primehalo wrote:
Jorup16 wrote:
*Capmaster* wrote:Great mod, primehalo! 8-)

Just one thing (I know ...impossible to satisfy everybody :roll: ) that I see as a limitation - It doesn't seem to work across pages in a multi-page topic. For example, selecting posts on page one, then clicking on page two seems to lose the selections from page one.

Is there any fix for this?

Even if there isn't, this is a handy and useful mod as-is, and has been greeted with enthusiasm by my members who have also grown weary of manually copying/pasting quotes from different posts. Nice work!!

Bump... :D
Nope, no fix, I am not updating this MOD anymore.
What pity that you will not update any more the mod.
Always, thank you very much.

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Prime Multi-Quote - Select mulitple posts to quote

Post by spaceace » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 pm

what's the possibility that another mod writer would pick this up and finish it? :D :D

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”