[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
NiceM

Re: [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Post by NiceM » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:44 pm

The code is only if you run Arcade RC9 on phpbb 3.08
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk

baerenwurm

Post by baerenwurm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Last edited by baerenwurm on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:44 am

Hey Jeff possibly a small missed error in your install instructions ?
Error?
In ucp.php edits
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.
Code:Select all

Code: Select all

$message = sprintf($user->lang['PERMISSIONS_TRANSFERRED'], $user_row['username']) . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['RETURN_INDEX'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx") . '">', '</a>');
		trigger_error($message);
In-line Find

Tip: This is a partial match of a line for in-line operations.

$message = sprintf($user->lang['PERMISSIONS_TRANSFERRED'], $user_row['username'])
In-line Add after

. $arcade_message 
^^^ a space after $arcade_message which would add 2 spaces before the code area like so ....

$message = sprintf($user->lang['PERMISSIONS_TRANSFERRED'], $user_row['username']) . $arcade_message .  '<br /><br />
That did not seem right as soon as I pasted it so I deleted one space and figured I would point it out just in case.

EDIT
Of course trying to paste it in here the space after $arcade_message is being erased .... but in the .xml install it has a space ;)
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

cool1guy

Post by cool1guy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am

NiceM wrote:
cool1guy wrote:I am running phpbb 3.0.8
open includes/.htaccess

find

<Files *>
       Order Allow,Deny
       Deny from All
    </Files>

after add

<Files swfobject.js>
       Order Allow,Deny
       Allow from All
    </Files>

and it should be fine again
Thanks a lot. its working great now.

o0Pascal0o

Post by o0Pascal0o » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi - I have the same problem:
phpBB: 3.0.8
Arcade 1.0.RC10

With Firefox all runs great, but with IE8 i get this message, that i have to install Adobe Flash Player in Version 8 or higher.

If i click on the yellow symbol in IE8 at the button, than i get the following info:

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Avant Browser; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Zeitstempel: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:05:09 UTC

Meldung: Ungültiges Argument.
Zeile: 4
Zeichen: 7665
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/phpbb/arcade/js/swfobject.js
phpbb 3.0.8;STYLES:eTechGray(Subsilver2-base)[activ];MODS:[/u][/color]Portal 1.06;BBCodeBox3_Expanded 1.09;ultimate points 1.0.7;emailonbirthday1.01;Multi_Zodiacs;Ultimate Challenge1.0RC5

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 pm

o0Pascal0o wrote:Hi - I have the same problem:
phpBB: 3.0.8
Arcade 1.0.RC10

With Firefox all runs great, but with IE8 i get this message, that i have to install Adobe Flash Player in Version 8 or higher.

If i click on the yellow symbol in IE8 at the button, than i get the following info:

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Avant Browser; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Zeitstempel: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:05:09 UTC

Meldung: Ungültiges Argument.
Zeile: 4
Zeichen: 7665
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/phpbb/arcade/js/swfobject.js
Was this an upgrade or new install? Does it happen with every style? Make sure you update all template files for all styles and not just prosilver/subsilver2 if you did an upgrade.

femu

Post by femu » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 am

Hi Jeff,

as usual an error with MSIE. Just checked that issue over here. Works fine with IE7, but IE8 gives the error Pascal describes. So as always MSIE seems to be incompatible to itself :mrgreen:

I already checked, if there's a newer version of the swfobject.js is available, but it looks like v2.2 from 2009 is the latest.

So I'm not sure, if there's a solution .... I already browsed around, but coulnd't find something helpful.

The solution from NiceM seems not work.

EDIT: I think I got the problem. It seems only to give errors, if the filename starts with a number. I think I read somewhore, that the objects have to start with alphanumerical letters only. So A-Z or a-z ....
Regards, femu

o0Pascal0o

Post by o0Pascal0o » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 pm

JRSweets wrote: Was this an upgrade or new install? Does it happen with every style? Make sure you update all template files for all styles and not just prosilver/subsilver2 if you did an upgrade.
Upgradeinstalltion from 1.1RC9.
I only use 1 Style(Suvsilver2based -> etechgray: http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/style/eTech+Gray
All users can´t choose any style - subsilver2 is the only one. Prosilverfiles are on the server, but no mods, etc. are added in prosilver. So it can´t be responsible for the fault.
femu wrote: EDIT: I think I got the problem. It seems only to give errors, if the filename starts with a number. I think I read somewhore, that the objects have to start with alphanumerical letters only. So A-Z or a-z ....
Yes, a lot of games starting with a number have this Error. But f.e. not. "5 in a row": http://www.phpbbarcade.com/forum/arcade ... =play&g=96 or 3D Car Driver: http://www.phpbbarcade.com/forum/arcade ... e=play&g=1
And f.e. 4-Wheel-Madness or 9 Dragons Charm run on Origon.dk, too. But not on other sides. What are you making different?

And some games without starting whith a number, like: donkey kong -> http://www.phpbbarcade.com/forum/arcade ... =play&g=77 have another problem, if you wan´t to save the score with IE8(an at this moment your are automatically signed out from the board:

There was missing session data for this game play. This is usually caused by pressing the back button on the web browser to play to game. Please use the links inside the arcade to replay the game. If you must use the back button, make sure to press refresh in the browser after pressing back.
f.e. for donkey kong on phpbbarcade: Image (but comes not every time)

With firefox all works fine. But all games won´t work with Xampp(no matter if you wan to play with firefox or IE8). Then the Flash-Error comes up always.
Last edited by o0Pascal0o on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phpbb 3.0.8;STYLES:eTechGray(Subsilver2-base)[activ];MODS:[/u][/color]Portal 1.06;BBCodeBox3_Expanded 1.09;ultimate points 1.0.7;emailonbirthday1.01;Multi_Zodiacs;Ultimate Challenge1.0RC5

NiceM

Post by NiceM » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:53 pm

I don't know if this would help, when i updated to RC10 i chmod the whole arcade folder to 777 and chmod the arcade/js folder and swfoblect.js to 777, that did help me for the flash error.
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk

o0Pascal0o

Post by o0Pascal0o » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:11 pm

the whole arade-folder but not the folders but not all the subdirectorys + arcade/js-folder +swobject.js, right?

That doesn´t helped me. And in Xampp there aren´t any chmod-things & it doesn´t work, too.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:02 pm

o0Pascal0o wrote:the whole arade-folder but not the folders but not all the subdirectorys + arcade/js-folder +swobject.js, right?

That doesn´t helped me. And in Xampp there aren´t any chmod-things & it doesn´t work, too.
Remove the arcade templates folder from your server and purge the cache in the forum and web browser. Then copy the new template files from a fresh RC10 download back to the correct spot.
Last edited by JRSweets on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:06 pm

femu wrote:Hi Jeff,

as usual an error with MSIE. Just checked that issue over here. Works fine with IE7, but IE8 gives the error Pascal describes. So as always MSIE seems to be incompatible to itself :mrgreen:

I already checked, if there's a newer version of the swfobject.js is available, but it looks like v2.2 from 2009 is the latest.

So I'm not sure, if there's a solution .... I already browsed around, but coulnd't find something helpful.

EDIT: I think I got the problem. It seems only to give errors, if the filename starts with a number. I think I read somewhore, that the objects have to start with alphanumerical letters only. So A-Z or a-z ....
Hmm...

Games with filenames starting with number work fine on phpbbarcade.com and igames.origon.dk.

o0Pascal0o

Post by o0Pascal0o » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:38 pm

JRSweets wrote: Remove the arcade templates folder from your server and purge the cache in the forum and web browser. Then copy the new template files from a fresh RC10 download back to the correct spot.
That made no difference - still the Flash-Player-Bug. (i only deleted & uploaded the subsilver2(etechgray-style)-templatefiles, because i only have acitvated only this style. In prosilver i never made any changes, it´s a very old prosilver-folder ^^)

femu

Post by femu » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 am

JRSweets wrote:
femu wrote:Hi Jeff,

Hmm...

Games with filenames starting with number work fine on phpbbarcade.com and igames.origon.dk.
I really have no idea. I just tried Origon's idea of changing the permissions. No changes. So games starting with numbers does not work with IE8 .... I will see, if I can find the statement, where they say, that filenames have to start with letters only.

Found that over here. Scroll down until "Standards Validation Issues " ... and as already stated ... The problem only occures with IE8, IE7 is working fine and I'm not ssure, if the error is with IE9 (just saw, that there seems to be a pre-release) will have this error.
Regards, femu

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:46 pm

where would i add code to the category images? (basically where is the code for {catrow.CAT_IMAGE} located?
thanks
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”