[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
JRSweets

Re: [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Post by JRSweets » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:09 pm

o0Pascal0o wrote:
JRSweets wrote: Remove the arcade templates folder from your server and purge the cache in the forum and web browser. Then copy the new template files from a fresh RC10 download back to the correct spot.
That made no difference - still the Flash-Player-Bug. (i only deleted & uploaded the subsilver2(etechgray-style)-templatefiles, because i only have acitvated only this style. In prosilver i never made any changes, it´s a very old prosilver-folder ^^)
Can I have access to look at this problem? Send me a PM. Also you uploaded the template files to the stechgray/template/arcade folder and not the subsilver2 folder correct?
Last edited by JRSweets on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:16 pm

femu wrote:
JRSweets wrote:
femu wrote:Hi Jeff,

as usual an error with MSIE. Just checked that issue over here. Works fine with IE7, but IE8 gives the error Pascal describes. So as always MSIE seems to be incompatible to itself :mrgreen:

I already checked, if there's a newer version of the swfobject.js is available, but it looks like v2.2 from 2009 is the latest.

So I'm not sure, if there's a solution .... I already browsed around, but coulnd't find something helpful.

The solution from NiceM seems not work.

EDIT: I think I got the problem. It seems only to give errors, if the filename starts with a number. I think I read somewhore, that the objects have to start with alphanumerical letters only. So A-Z or a-z ....
Hmm...

Games with filenames starting with number work fine on phpbbarcade.com and igames.origon.dk.
I really have no idea. I just tried Origon's idea of changing the permissions. No changes. So games starting with numbers does not work with IE8 .... I will see, if I can find the statement, where they say, that filenames have to start with letters only.

Found that over here. Scroll down until "Standards Validation Issues " ... and as already stated ... The problem only occures with IE8, IE7 is working fine and I'm not ssure, if the error is with IE9 (just saw, that there seems to be a pre-release) will have this error.
Why would these games work on http://www.phpbbarcade.com with IE8? Have you tried to play some games that begin with numbers there? I have not been able to make this error occur. Also that link you posted talks about validation issues, not problems loading the flash files. The arcade has been using swf object for a long time now without any issues.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

sleevedbiker wrote:where would i add code to the category images? (basically where is the code for {catrow.CAT_IMAGE} located?
thanks
Right next to the arcade copyright code you removed from being displayed. :roll: :evil:

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:38 pm

JRSweets wrote:
sleevedbiker wrote:where would i add code to the category images? (basically where is the code for {catrow.CAT_IMAGE} located?
thanks
Right next to the arcade copyright code you removed from being displayed. :roll: :evil:
:roll: :shock: wow :!: shame shame !!
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

o0Pascal0o

Post by o0Pascal0o » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:54 pm

ThunderCrew wrote: shame shame !!
...not very thankfull, sleevedbiker!?
JRSweets wrote:Also you uploaded the template files to the stechgray/template/arcade folder and not the subsilver2 folder correct?
yes - etechgray -sure. But after that doesn´t helped i copied back my backuped files(because they are editet for UC, Tournament). ->pm
phpbb 3.0.8;STYLES:eTechGray(Subsilver2-base)[activ];MODS:[/u][/color]Portal 1.06;BBCodeBox3_Expanded 1.09;ultimate points 1.0.7;emailonbirthday1.01;Multi_Zodiacs;Ultimate Challenge1.0RC5

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:39 am

FYI - The Tournament works with 1.0.RC10 :idea:

femu

Post by femu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 am

JRSweets wrote: Why would these games work on http://www.phpbbarcade.com with IE8? Have you tried to play some games that begin with numbers there? I have not been able to make this error occur. Also that link you posted talks about validation issues, not problems loading the flash files. The arcade has been using swf object for a long time now without any issues.
If I would know, why, I could be on the same stage as God :mrgreen:

Must be special setting on your web server, which probably not everyone has. I never realised that problem, as I'm using FF and not IE ;-) I only can say, that they work fine with IE7, but not anymore with IE8 (at least for my site).
Regards, femu

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:49 am

JRSweets wrote:
thanks
well i asked you for the code to put it back 3 times now, and still no response from you. so if you dont want to give me the copyright code, then it wont be added.
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw

femu

Post by femu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:54 am

Search ie in styles/prosilver/template/arcade/arcade_index_body.html. There at the bottom you should have:

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE arcade/arcade_version_body.html -->
<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
So simply check the original templates for

and readd this line, where it is missing.
Regards, femu

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 pm

sleevedbiker wrote:
JRSweets wrote:
thanks
well i asked you for the code to put it back 3 times now, and still no response from you. so if you dont want to give me the copyright code, then it wont be added.
You had no problem finding the line and removing it so you shouldn't need help adding it back. You removed the copyright for every mod you have installed.
femu wrote:Search ie in styles/prosilver/template/arcade/arcade_index_body.html. There at the bottom you should have:

He would have had to specifically remove that line on purpose and is just playing dumb now. He removed the copyright from every mod (arcade, gallery, etc.) and before I said something phpBB itself. He clearly knows how to remove them and it wasn't by mistake as he claimed. :roll:

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 pm

JRSweets wrote:
sleevedbiker wrote:
JRSweets wrote:
thanks
You had no problem finding the line and removing it so you shouldn't need help adding it back. You removed the copyright for every mod you have installed.
femu wrote:Search ie in styles/prosilver/template/arcade/arcade_index_body.html. There at the bottom you should have:

He would have had to specifically remove that line on purpose and is just playing dumb now. He removed the copyright from every mod (arcade, gallery, etc.) and before I said something phpBB itself. He clearly knows how to remove them and it wasn't by mistake as he claimed. :roll:

first of all i didnt do it on purpose. And if i did, which i didn't. Playing dumb is better than being branded a rat.

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Yeah, let me guess the copyrights for every mod you installed just magically disappeared?

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 pm

femu wrote:
JRSweets wrote: Why would these games work on http://www.phpbbarcade.com with IE8? Have you tried to play some games that begin with numbers there? I have not been able to make this error occur. Also that link you posted talks about validation issues, not problems loading the flash files. The arcade has been using swf object for a long time now without any issues.
If I would know, why, I could be on the same stage as God :mrgreen:

Must be special setting on your web server, which probably not everyone has. I never realised that problem, as I'm using FF and not IE ;-) I only can say, that they work fine with IE7, but not anymore with IE8 (at least for my site).
Do you have a link and test account to a site that this is happening to? If so could you send me a PM with the details. oOPascalOo sent me the template files he was using and they are correct.

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Good day people!

Removing the copyright from a MOD does mean that the MOD author can refuse to give support. This policy may or may not result in either the current MOD support question being removed, or other subsequent/concurrent MOD support questions being removed.

Regards,

KeithR

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:20 am

n.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”